Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Viggen posted:

NEVADA.JPG. I couldn't have staged this any better if I tried.

click for beeg

It has a really godawful peeling "Judge" paint job. If you look at the large photo you can see that it's entirely gone off the roof and down the rear.

I knew I forgot the sidewalk sale this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Viggen posted:

I think I've found the ugliest car in the world. Just because parts are exchangeable, doesn't mean you should.

(This is why:)

WRX: Mullet edition?

I was looking at that car last night when searching for wagons and even though it's over priced at first I thought good things...

...until the images of the front end loaded on my phone.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Viggen posted:

There are no words. (Clicky, clicky - but it's in Swedish)

You found it. You found the coolest car.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

uncle_skin posted:

Hey look, a rat rod Volvo. Well that's certainly something...

Absolutely the wrong thread. This owns bones.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

That Lancia is my favorite car of all time. Though in that unfortunate color I see why it's in this thread. :wotwot:

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

dissss posted:

Nope - its the third of the US 'big three' (Ford, GM, Chrysler) - albeit somewhat less big than the other two

And owned by Fiat now.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Slavvy posted:

Every day at work I upsell & fit respected tyre brands like

-Triangle
-Goodride
-Ling-Long

-Supercat

-Nexen
-Kingstar

Needless to say, our tyre machine hates life itself.

Triangle tires?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

West SAAB Story posted:

It can be if the airbags don't deploy. :haw:

Anyhow, I'm done. I'll endure a lot, but being told I am completely full of poo poo when I'm stuck living it, I won't tolerate. So, yeah.. anyhow:

Up for grabs is a Silverado that they only want $10k for. In Methville.

Just needs paint and shocks. [...] I have over a thousand in ac and $5k in lift.

That may be what you paid..

Ha. He bought those tires from a guy I work with, I believe.

There are soooooo many of those trucks kicking around Lyon county.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Think I saw the driver in the store, since he was the only person in a Ghost in the Shell t-shirt.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Slavvy, this is the sort of thing we use duallies for in the Western World.

Load it up with cars and head 3000 miles across country. Not something you're doing with a Kia Sportage. See also: hauling hay, firewood, horses, tractors, sand, etc...

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm familiar with the Samara from this Cold War Motors video, but the 112 is new to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il1IHduNBlw

Headlight wipers, motherfucker!

I am absolutely in love! :love:

Unironically, how can I get one into the states?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

It's like a bigger, more powerful yugo! Of course I want one. Realtalk.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

By the logic we're following, drivers of Yugos and rusty 80s compact pickups have the biggest packages of all.

:smugdog::smugdog::smugdog:

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Siochain posted:

Where does the 94 geo tracker I used to drive fall on this scale? I'm curious how big I should advertise my package as being.

Pretty big, but in an "exotic dancer banana hammock" kind of way.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

nm posted:

I got my low HP tiny hatchback in the brightest color possible. I'm not sure if that makes my dick bigger or smaller, can AI help?

It depends. Does the color help or hinder your self confidence?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Really the only trike worth getting is the Morgan and that's because it's

a) a Morgan
b) completely ridiculous in a way that conveys self-knowledge of its ridiculousness

Even then, it would probably be better to get an Atom or a Caterham. That's what I would do and I have the best taste so there you go.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Guinness posted:

For most people, there are only two types of motorcycles: Harleys and crotchrockets.

I've given up trying to explain what a sport touring bike is.

There are also dirtbikes, which apparently also includes adventure motorcycles.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Friar Zucchini posted:

Stop trying to justify the trike in terms of fun. The reason someone would buy it is because he loving wants one. No, I don't use my Suburban's 10,000 towing capability, and no I don't often use the 9-person seating capacity, and no I don't actually need to go off road every once in a while... so why do I have it? Because I loving wanted one. That's it. That is all the reason there needs to be. That's as logical as it gets. So hush.

Terrible rant stuff itt.

Anyway, for content, proper AI strollers.

Mr. Wiggles fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 17, 2015

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Powershift posted:

Sorry to interrupt bike chat with terrible car stuff, but here's some terrible car stuff.

Eh, I really have no problem with these three.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

LiquidRain posted:

Matte is bad.
Old Caravans are bad.
This is terrible.

I think that's a 24 Hours of LeMons sticker on the quarter panel, which makes this okay.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

xzzy posted:

Also, I just noticed that slimer is the hood ornament.

That's actually loving awesome.

It will be less awesome when the siren is different.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I don't have any problem with the actresses, and the car is appropriate. They just have to give it the siren if they want it to be Ecto 1. I have few demands, really.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Hope the owners name is Simon.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Nevada actually has the best plates. I have some.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Wrong thread

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

The worst I did was loud exhausts and cold air intakes. :fuckoff:

Motherfucker I STILL do loud exhausts and cold air intakes.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Ah, the Cat DP40, builder of false confidence.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

What you ordered:

What they sent:

No lie, possibly gonna be the new commuter when it comes out. First one at CarMax is mine.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

drgitlin posted:

It’s not coming to America, sorry.

loving Honda. First they don't let me have the Beat, now they don't let me have the new CVCC.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Elviscat posted:

We had some '15 Grand Caravans at work, I had top bring one in to get springs and struts replaced at 11kmi, the spring had snapped un loving half, in 2018, the dealership had to replace almost the entire front suspension because it was wrecked, I think there are Chinese cars with better build quality.

Well yeah we're talking about Chrysler here.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

glyph posted:

My first car was a [hand me down] Plymouth voyager. The shifter on mine was very similar, boot and all.

Here is a pic of the shifter placement on he minivans- SUPER low. Mine was silver, with shiny, hot as the surface of the sun in summer, vinyl seats, and just as stripped- it had no AC, power anything, TACH, cupholder, the front seats didn’t recline, there wasn’t a seek function on the radio only head unit... it only had the three seater bench in the second row, there wasn’t a third row in ours.

I absolutely hated it at the time (mid- late 90s), but I’d love to have it now.

Gotta bring all the way back to this, because I find it difficult to believe that there was another young person in the late 90s who had my van. But it's true - you know the ways of suffering like I did.

Best parts - max speed of 35 up any given hill, having to rebuild the carb 3 times, and passing out in the back after drunken high school parties. Also, the little shelf next to the console is where I bolted in a boom box after the radio died.

Mine was brown with fake woodgrain.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

glyph posted:

:hfive:

As I mentioned earlier, ours was the stripperest of stripper models- silver, no tint, short bodystyle, no cleats for nor third row seat. It did, however have the single rectangle halogen lights ('87),extruded aluminum running boards and a bitchin' smoked bug deflector. :whatup:

I have a picture somewhere, I'll dig it up one of these days.

Through the magic of rose colored glasses, I'd completely forgotten about the 35 up any hill, I seem to remember being able to wind mine out to 45 up most- without a tach, mind, so all by ear. By the time I got it, it'd been through a few head gaskets and was on its second engine. I sent it out to pasture after another head gasket went, I still don't fully understand why. It would have been fun to wring out a little more.

But, hey, it was a stick, and I could (and did!) sleep in it after the same high school parties.

I still don't know what the shift light "mileage enhancer"? (where the PRNDL on auto dashes would be) was tied to, and, wow, I haven't thought about this in a LONG time, I'M STILL HAUNTED BY THAT loving DOOR AJAR LIGHT.

Wait, you bolted the boom box to the console "cubby" thing in front of the shifter there?

Yep, right where the little 2 millimeter deep cupholders were.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I had this exact top kick (with the na diesel) as a race rig for a season. Reno to Truckee took about 2 hours it was so slow.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Would tow my rotary Ferrari to the track with my Corvette truck.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Reminds me of when we put the sprint wing on the Miata in lemons. Harder to drive than you might imagine.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I currently have an 85 El Camino, I've raced a ton of 3rd gen Camaros, I've owned several J-bodies, 3 suburbans, a K20 pickup with 16.5 HMMWV wheels/tires, the Isuzu S10 clone, and my daily (state car) is an Impala.

So yeah, I've got some GM baggage.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I will give it a few points for the Detroit Diesel, as I have a soft spot for those.

But I will subtract about a million points because, just, come on. What the hell is wrong with boomers?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I feel like I know that metro, from a Lemons race many years ago. There's no cage, but it's totally in keeping.

I believe the four door would have had the 3 cylinder, as well. With an auto. Torque multiplication?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

My bike makes more than my car did stock (112 for the Yamaha, 100 for the Mazda 2). And it's super fun to hooligan around on the bike, but I have to actually be careful to not go to fast or get in trouble.

The Mazda, on the other hand, has been tuned to make a fire breathing 120hp, but it is buckets of fun literally every day I drive it, and I can go nearly full blast without having to look over my shoulder too much.

Small slow cars are really the best for daily driving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

now imagine what it's like to have a 30hp 300lb motorcycle! redline everywhere and third gear before you're across a big intersection :discourse:

My first bike was a kz400. I know that life.