Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Chinatown posted:

took all of 48 hours of ownership of my scat pack for someone to want to race on the freeway.

at 8am.

on a monday.

while i was driving to the office.

Well?

Did you win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq0XNILIYTw

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Pham Nuwen posted:

So you're saying that every year, we're going to put 5% of every existing driver on the road in a weekend course? Apparently there's about 230 million drivers in the US so we're looking at 10 million people in the course every year. According to https://hedgescompany.com/blog/2018/10/number-of-licensed-drivers-usa/, the 2010s have seen about 1% growth in driver population each year, so we'd have 10 times as many people taking remedial driver's ed as we would first-timers (now, as a driver in America, god knows they could probably use it).

Sounds like a good jobs program.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Don't talk to me or my son ever again.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Car Boys meets Monster Factory

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I was driving behind a truck yesterday that had a huge sticker across the back window saying "Booty Consumer".

I really want to know who in the process forced him to tone that down from what I am sure started as "rear end Eater".

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

But are cooled seats manly?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Not sure if it's the same for the sport but Ford told dealers if they sell a demo Bronco they'll lose a month of new stock and never be able to receive a demo car in the future.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Pham Nuwen posted:

Do they have demo cars out for the "regular" Bronco at this point? We've been thinking of test-driving one, since my wife's car is, well, perfectly fine, but about a decade old and I wouldn't mind getting something more fun w/ 4wd capability.

On the one hand, pandemic, but on the other hand, probably means you don't have the drat salesman trying to ride along... I guess give me a box of disinfectant wipes and I'd give it a shot.

Demos will be in dealerships closer to May or June. But if you haven't reserved one yet the current estimate is the end of 2022 before all reservations are filled.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Whole lotta totally functional venting going on here

https://twitter.com/Scrof/status/1357338294049116170?s=20

Gotta air out that frunk.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I kept reading the plate as "Stinky Kid".

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It will be interesting to see what happens with electric trucks. The F-150 hybrid this year is their most powerful and most efficient engine. The full electric might be even more so (at least the most torque). Will truck Bros trade the ability to roll coal and rev engines to get the most power?

Doesn't fix the size of the truck but it might change some of the culture.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Pharmaskittle posted:

putting the gas pedal all the way down and turning my head in the direction I want to go, trusting the car to figure it out like I'm driving a halo warthog

In the next update Tesla will remove the pedal. It will "know" when and how fast you want to go.

If you need to adjust the throttle while driving please find the option under 3 sub menus.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Blue Footed Booby posted:

What is an external door lock button?

On my car each exterior door handle has a button to lock the doors when you have the key next to it. That's how I lock my doors every time before walking away. There is also a sensor on the inside of the handle that unlocks the car in the same way (so it unlocks just before you pull the handle). Key never leaves my pocket.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Midjack posted:

Or you look at the fingerprints on the window frame and see which buttons they're pressing. :getin:

You press 7/8 9/0 at the same time to lock the car. That leaves 3 other buttons to use to make a 5 digit code that can't be cracked by Catherine Zeta-Jones.

:smug:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Buff Hardback posted:

For some reason, Ford has decided that the "grrrrr trucks" models get the rubber keypads, not the integrated into piano black ones that aren't going to wear out.

And for whatever reason (cost) the keypad on the Ranger and Bronco are not hardwired at all. They are basically remote fobs 3M taped to the door.

The only cool thing about them is that owners can move them. A popular spot is on the inside of the gas door.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Ain't no rule that says a dog can't drive!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I don't think I have seen Waze ads when using it through CarPlay.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The big Ford dealer near me only has work vehicles on their lot. White super duties and transits as far as the eye can see. And they are all pushed up to the road so you can't see that the rest of the lot is empty.

Their showcase spot (a little hill they usually park Raptors or Broncos on) has work trucks with like those utility storage cabinets in the bed.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Flyinglemur posted:

E: F/B

I was talking to a Car Person the other day and they said that the Ford plant has hundreds of Trucks built but that they can't finish them because of the microchip shortage due to that pandemic. Now, this 70 something year old farmer lives in rural SD so I took that with a giant grain of salt but I also don't know that he is wrong. I would say that he's the kind of guy that doesn't believe in the pandemic but he was hospitalized with it and came home on O2 and is still having lingering issues.

It's true.

https://twitter.com/dbf1958/status/1391784434442162177?s=21

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
They have also been delivering them to customers since the end of last year and have gotten good reviews.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Having been in both an Ecosport and a Bronco Sport I can say the Bronco Sport is much better.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

tuna posted:

A Jeep with every trashy bolt-on known to man ventured beyond the mall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efoZsUcci9Q

Although it was probably much easier to put it on that trailer to tow it out of the desert, I really love that the tow guy was able to drive it from where it was "stuck".

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Moatman posted:

I mean the steering was broken, not the drivetrain. That's why he kept messing with the rocks, they were straightening out the wheels.

:ssh:

I'm mocking the 100k Jeep that got "stuck".

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/verge/status/1411069062097129475?s=21

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Powershift posted:

train has gotten so long he needs 3 power units.

Omg. I live like 2 miles from this intersection but I've never seen this guy.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Marketing!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Scratch Monkey posted:

Shouldn't it be

87: Regular
94: Racing
96: Supreme
98: Extra Supreme
100: Ultra Supreme

?

Or should Racing be 100?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The French versions are much better…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umU_uMfi_yo

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I get that that "stakes" get higher and higher with all the stupid poo poo that gets added to cars, but this is the same thing I've heard for 30 years now about technology X that'll be so unreliable and dangerous and expensive that no one will buy a used car with it. First, it was fuel injection, then it was ABS, then it was ESP, etc etc. And people still keep buying.

With the news of thousands of chip-less F-150s sitting in parking lots around Detroit, the boomers on car forums are seriously calling their dealers to see if they can get one without the chips because “my old truck didn’t need fancy computers” and “it will be more reliable without the chips”. They just don’t understand that everything in modern cars is run by computers and that these trucks wont run at all without them.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yes, they can if the model is popular. Now whether they get it is another matter.

Who knows what they are trying to toss on a Bronco right now.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

GutBomb posted:

Is your friend just a terrible driver? How does a car take someone off-road? They’ve got their hands on the wheel and feet on the pedal, right? And as for not recognizing hazards, 99% of cars on the road don’t recognize hazards either.

I’m not defending Tesla here, but a Tesla can be driven like a normal car too, and if the car is taking them off-road and crashing into poo poo it sounds like they are just not using their car correctly and are going to have similar problems with an Accord or a Camry.

No you don't understand. Teslas drive themselves. You can take a nap in the back seat!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Remove all physical controls but allow video game controllers to connect to drive the car.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Memento posted:

https://i.imgur.com/YWmJX3M.mp4

"why would I get out of my truck to go and get Dairy Queen when I could drive through?"

Another angle.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT13Q6zl9QX/?utm_medium=copy_link

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Swerved right at a no right turn sign and almost hit pedestrians.

"A big improvement"

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Ford's lane keep system has worked well for me across two cars now. It just gives a little bump if I drift over a lane line. Just a nice safety feature to keep you in your lane. Ford also lets you pick between the nudge, the vibrate alert, both, or off.

The lane centering is less a safety thing and more of an auto drive because it just steers for you for the most part. It only works if cruise control is on and does have the "hands on wheel" sensing. It's super nice on a long highway drive.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 30, 2021

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Heads down display

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

wesleywillis posted:

Well, they're all trying to catch up with Tesla in that respect.

True. At least the steering wheel is still a wheel....Sort of....For now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Terrible because of the government

https://twitter.com/therealautoblog/status/1445440770471706624?s=21