Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Just a taxi I saw in the mall parking garage here on Guam.

Edit: made picture smaller since I can't tell how big it is on my phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ulfhednar posted:

An interesting Pontiac Aztek:

I'm not sure how much of this is actually an Aztek, though.

IIRC, that thing has an LS7 swap. Some form of LS swap anyway.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Delivery McGee posted:

I want to get knobby truck tires for my Interceptor, make it a sort of rally car.

There's a guy here on Guam I see rolling around occasionally that has a lift on his CV like the guys who run giant wheels, but instead he has some truck wheels and some 31" or 33" Kelly Safari tires on them. Looks loving hilarious, and every time I see it I feel a bit jealous.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

IOwnCalculus posted:

There was no sane way to get a picture of it, but while driving home I spotted a Miata slathered stickers. Among the most prominent: "Twilight Mom" and "NOBAMA".

:wtc:

Similar, saw a new Edge on the interstate here in Tampa yesterday that was covered in bumper stickers. Two that stuck out were "NOT MY PRESIDENT" with a picture of Obama, right above a "PROUD TO BE WHITE" sticker.

With the US Navy plate for Florida. Made me sad to be somehow associated with someone like that.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Negromancer posted:

Well theres your problem. I could not believe the constant anti-abortion billboards when I drove from Orlando to Gainesville. And the constant stream of cars covered with bumper stickers like that. I have never felt so out of place than driving a rental BMW 5 series there.

Really? Cause those seem like Civics in Tampa.

But yeah, this place is ducking ridiculous.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Just your average beater truck with no tailgate and sides painted to look like a Corvette. No biggie.

If the pic is huge let me know, hard to tell on my phone.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 16, 2014

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

D C posted:

This has nothing to do with "anti-enviromentalists".

Its just douchebags with trucks and they think its cool when they blow black smoke.

Right. Except they really do hate environmentalists and love to show it. Just look at any of the pages dedicated to rolling coal, selling stacks and stickers like "prius repellent" with arrows going to the stacks. Or the many YouTube videos of the same.

Also you fucks stop hating on two strokes.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Crotch Fruit posted:

Detroit Diesel two strokes are awesome even if they make mother nature cry, but the POS gasoline powered two stroke in your scooter sucks.

If you can't appreciate two stroke motorcycles, I really don't know what to tell you.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

honoraryblackman posted:

Big gently caress off Ayn rand bullshit

Way to break this goddamn page with that annoying bullshit.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

GutBomb posted:

Sorry, in the thousands of times I've pumped gas I've never had a situation where I had to go to a pump on the wrong side. I've gone around and backed in to an empty pump, or waited a minute or two but I've never felt the need to snake a dirty hose across my car.

Naval Base Guam. Sometimes the wait can be 30+ minutes for gas, if you're waiting for a left side access pump. Or you can usually wait two minutes for a right side access, pull up a bit more, and bring the hose around your car.

Also to make it worse is the station could only be accessed from one side, and you couldn't pull through then back up, or be facing the opposite direction.

Situations outside of normal do exist.

That said, I'd love to hear your view on motorcyclists who stay on the bike while fueling.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

HotCanadianChick posted:

When I was car shopping a few years ago I was looking at G35 coupes and every single one listed on Autotrader or Craigslist had a salvage title. Every single one.

This has caused me to come to the conclusion that the only people who buy G35s are the kind of JDM-boner shitlords who call their car a Skyline and promptly wreck it trying to Wangan Midnight it up.

More like they were leased by older people, then came off lease cheaper than a 350/370, on top of being somewhat fancy. It put them smack dab in the price range of early 20s guys who have nothing better to do than doriftuuuu them or donk them.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Throatwarbler posted:

Eh, why not a 4 door 4 series? Why not a 3/4 ton truck 4 series? They literally just came up with the "4 series" designation 6 months ago, it doesn't mean anything to anyone.

I thought, originally anyway, that the whole point of the 2 and 4 were to be two door versions of the 3 and 5. Then I remembered that BMW is hellbent on making no sense.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Darchangel posted:

See, that's what I thought!
Also, RE: the 435i Gran Coupe, how does a coupe have 4 doors? Doesn't coupe mean "2-door"?

The only company with more nonsensical naming conventions than BMW would be Infiniti, where everything is a "Q". God, that's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Nah,coupe can have 4 doors. Generally just denotes a lack of a B pillar.

However, apparently Ze Germans have their own thoughts.

Per wiki " In Germany the definition of the coupe was finally divided into the classic coupe and 4-door coupe. This definition and concept of four-door coupe (instead of sedan) are evident in Germany, but they are not yet widely known in the rest of the world."

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Because of the B pillar, most likely. Or Ze Germans again.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Geoj posted:

Honestly if rednecks have to have "truck nuts" I'd prefer they do this.

I find some random large metal hardware strung onto a length of chain infinitely less offensive than an anatomically correct flesh-colored scrotum hanging off the hitch receiver.

The only thing I see truck nuts on anymore are last gen Prius poo poo mobiles.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Safety Dance posted:

.45 ACP is actually a relatively slow-moving round, and would probably just splash off of all but the least sturdy of engine blocks. A round with greater energy, such as .338 LM, would be better suited to disabling a motor vehicle.

:goonsay: :spergin: :goonsay: :spergin: :goonsay: :spergin: :goonsay:

10mm.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

kastein posted:

You too, eh?

I warned my parents they really need to change their transmission fluid on schedule. They'd never done it, and still have never done it. Bets on how long a 4R44E in a 2000 Ranger makes it with filthy fluid before it kicks the bucket? :suicide:

(it's already got some hard/slipping/funky shifts occasionally and they aren't doing a drat thing about it. Can't wait to find out.)

Going off what I've seen...300k, minimum. If you flush it now and make it nice, it won't last another 10k.

It will make it there and be absofuckinglutely horrible, make every noise in the world, and feel like it's going to explode. But it'll do it.

edit: my MiL had a 97 Grand Cherokee (that they promised to me but then sold to a crackgead for 1400, but I'm not bitter no sir) that hadn't had its fluid changed in 120k miles of stop and go, no more than 35mph traffic. Apparently the mechanic told them that he had never seen or smelled fluid that bad.

Same woman who swore up and down that jeep wouldn't do 70mph. The one time I had to drive it, I followed my FiL onto the interstate. When I hit 55, it was like a goddamn wall. Held it to the floor for a moment, then it bucked and chugged and shot a giant loving black cloud out the rear end and ran goddamn perfect.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 25, 2014

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Is hoonigan actually a thing that exists? Like a car-with-no-suspension club or a lovely-shift-lever manufacturer? Or is it just a phrase that's sold on stickers for no other purpose than selling on stickers like [what I assume] metal mulisha is?

Metal Mulisha has been around since the 90s dude. Freestyle motocross team, headed up by Brian Deegan.

All the branding poo poo is loving stupid, but it's at least a real thing.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

SaNChEzZ posted:

Or if you live in LA, cyclists can do everything wrong, and complain about how people try to kill them all the time.

I had a guy on a bicycle almost hit me on my motorcycle in Oceanside the other day, because he decided red lights didn't apply and tried to cross in the crosswalk. Almost t boned me.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Slavvy posted:

Lots of drivers will happily defend cyclists but very few bikers will. Because we're in the exact same situation every time we ride, except we have the benefits of protective gear, mirrors, an engine and brakes + tyres that aren't garbage. I'm unable to sympathise with cyclists when their behaviour and decisions seem to be directly intended to wreck their poo poo. Maybe other cities that are more cyclist friendly are different, I wouldn't know.

I would hit a cyclist and feel nothing. Seriously, I have no hatred for anyone based on race, religion, who they want to gently caress, or anything else...but assholes in lycra on a bicycle that cost more than my motorcycle and most cars that I've ever owned pretending that no loving laws apply to them have turned me to hating everyone I see on a bicycle that isn't obviously homeless or a day laborer.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
And that right there is why I think bicycling is a suicidal game.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

eyebeem posted:

Yeah. I'll go ahead and not get dragged into this mess.

I like cars, so I'll just leave the cyclist part of me at the door.

Well you already left most of it in the other car you rear ended.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

This Camaro is basically a red neck mobile, and looks like every other lovely 2nd gen you have ever seen. Except it has a stupid loving truck motor, and he wants more than you'd pay for a year old 5.0 or new Camaro.

$$$$$$$INVESTEDDDDDDD

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

InitialDave posted:

The basic mentality, that bikes are somehow not just another type of vehicle on the road, is the root cause for a huge amount of the problem on both sides.

Which is made even worse by "bike lanes".

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Raluek posted:

Maybe you're trying to trap me with how the name Vortec existed before that; if so you're right and I should rephrase what I said. The L31 Vortec 5700 was introduced in model year 1996. While true that they were making V6s or whatever before that with the Vortec name, the engine (and heads associated with it) that people generally refer to as a "Vortec 350" did not exist in 1991.

I just don't get why these guys do motor swaps with such poo poo engines. Of all the small blocks available, why would you do that to yourself?

Hell, even the TPI 350 would be better. If nothing else because that intake looks badass.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Fucknag posted:

Or just live where it never freezes, ever. :smug:

and then bitch about the heat like an rear end in a top hat for the other 11 months of the year

Yeah see that's why I moved to socal. And then it snowed.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BoostCreep posted:

Where did it snow in socal?

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Fallbrook-Temecula-Murrietta-See-Rare-Dusting-of-Snow-287212191.html

I live in Murrieta. I built a snowman in my backyard, and Temecula got 3+" in some parts.

Not to mention it's been dropping into the 20s quite often.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

HotCanadianChick posted:

Currently 45 degrees and clear up in the frozen wastelands of north Portland. I might actually have to put on a long sleeve shirt before going out. :smugdog:

Last time I was in Portland it snowed in March and was mid 40s on the 4th of July.

I attract bad weather :(

Then again I never once understood heroin addiction until I lived in Portland/Vancouver for 8 months. Suddenly it made sense.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

eyebeem posted:

Yeah, that was loving weird. I just moved to San Diego from Palm Springs, and it snowed at my gym. In Oceanside. Oceanside. Snow. There was a group of us in the parking lot standing there dumbfounded trying to make sense of it all.

I work on Pendleton and was so loving glad I didn't have to drive with these people when it snowed. Traffic in Oceanside sucks enough when it's nice and sunny.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

88h88 posted:

It would appear so but for some reason there's some weird optical illusion going on with this photo which makes the back end seem to be massively tall and with acres of flat, boring steel surfaces on it.

Odd.

Nah, the CTS coupe is just loving ugly.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tindjin posted:

This pulled up at one of my favorite breakfast places in town. Did not think that I'd see one in town and it had local plates.

I know some people might argue this is the wrong thread but in person it really does look idiotic. I watched them pull out and it just didn't look really stable pulling out of a dirt lot and the bumps trying to get onto the street.

I passed one on the interstate yesterday and it was getting pushed by the wind more than I was on a bike.

That said, it was being driven by two women in their sixties wearing fur hats.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BlackMK4 posted:

$20k will buy you a >200whp Panigale... or you could have $6k left over after you buy a ZX10R that needs a flash and full exhaust to make 200whp.

But that's not flashy enough for lay people to know he has money to waste.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Slavvy posted:

A panigale's plenty flashy for most people and doesn't look like a Tamya car.

This is almost exactly what every ducati is used for.

What's a base model Atom go for nowadays?

Most people can't tell a Ducati from a Hyosung.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BlackMK4 posted:

I ride a Ducati, I will tell you otherwise. Everyone knows what they are and think they are awesome, I have no idea why.

Really? No one I know who isn't into cars/bieks knows or cares what they are. Then again, you have a 749 don't you? Older ones seem much flashier.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
It's more your general attitude that just screams "i have money pay attention to me". More so than owning a supercar does, because you brag and go on about a goddamn stroller and your company vehicle.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

PCOS Bill posted:

Ugh just go buy a new car already you disgusting poor what's wrong with your taste?

The original exhaust probably rusted out, and the fartcans are cheaper than OEM replacements. They likely DID service that.

Not to mention at this point it was probably purchased with that poo poo on it, and replacing it with a better option comes behind food and housing.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Crotch Fruit posted:

I still remember the last time the roads were iced on a work day:

:v: The roads sure suck today.
:classiclol: Snow doesn't bother my Subura one bit, it has all wheel drive!
:v: But what about stopping?
:classiclol: It has all wheel brakes too dumbass!

Well, they're not technically wrong

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

GutBomb posted:

... Is maybe the one that suggested it?

Nah, people can't enjoy different things.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Gorilla Salad posted:

And both missing the point entirely.

Referring to women as "females" is the weird and creepy sort of thing the MRAs at Reddit do.

I do it thanks to the military :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Saw a woman who looked like Lucille Ball in a C7 yesterday. Seems to be a popular old lady car.