Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Shai-Hulud posted:

Seeing as thats in germany im pretty sure its illegal to paint your car all chrome too.
He's got a red plate on it though so pretty much everything goes cause those are dealer plates for "test drives"

It's most likely vinyl. They've come a long way from metalized polyester films which cannot be stretched and last about 6 months outdoors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Who at Ford said "Let's build a thing that looks like a garbage truck raped a PT cruiser?"

:psylon:

Majere fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 6, 2012

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

veedubfreak posted:

Not even. That's pure abuse. Look at the clutch disk, its paper thin. He ran it past even the rivets that hold the abrassive in place. I'm trying to gather how he was even able to drive on it for long enough to cause that much damage.

Abuse yes, but that's just the backing, all the clutch material is that pile of hair on the bottom left. I'd say the pressure plate cracked and shredded the clutch up like one of those rotary apple peelers.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

BoostCreep posted:

I guess this counts as terrible. How do you even do this? Mistake the gas for the brake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hStcyDj830Q

"Samir, PLEASE!"

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Enourmo posted:

FL has a shitload of specialty plates too, but most of them shockingly seem to have been made by mildly competent designers. This was the only really comical one I saw (which I've never seen in the wild):

The default florida plate is pretty bad, considering the green text over the 1 shade lighter green leaves in the middle. Obscures the middle 2 characters pretty good!

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

BraveUlysses posted:

why the wouldn't you just go for a drive and listen to music what the fuuuuuck

He owns a 20 year old Subaru, ergo more time fixing it than actually driving it.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I would love one of them 80's brohams but sadly my garage is only 20' long

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

when are we going to get over the mindset of carbon fiber being "exotic" and "expensive"? it is neither in terms of manufacturing and end product forming. fake vinyl carbon fiber wrap is more expensive per yard at this point.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Look if youre an idiot dirt farmer and have to move dirt around then a pickup truck is for you. If you need to carry wood, tools, sheetrock, ladders, half a hardware store AND keep it all locked up, then a tall van is far superior.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Growing up in the NYC metro area, I always found it puzzling that you had to bring your car in for emission testing every year or two, but every single heavy truck was exempt from emissions testing. I mean real shitbox turbo diesel dump trucks from the 70's that just belch black smoke out as normal operation were totally cool. (this included the entire city bus fleet before they switched to hybrids) Those poor poor business owners that can't afford new trucks or literally any maintenance.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I don't think anyone in the "stance" crowd ever cared about things like "safety" and "drivability"

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

We're still making everything into an suv in 2022?

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Long-term investments are dead. Rape and plunder all you can as fast as you can is the new wall street.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I'm so glad my new car has "cross traffic monitoring" when reversing. I can not see anything when backing out of a parking spot because every single car is a comically oversized TRUCK or suv blocking vision.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Paintballs on .020 alu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Should you use a Harbor Freight 'off-road' jack on a 10,000 pound monstrosity?