Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Saw this fine piece of art this AM. The front looked even worse.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

holy poo poo

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I am tempted to buy an old bug only to do that.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

My 65y.o. Mother really, really wants a juke. I am doing my best to get her to like an impreza of something.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6afMI3EJL4

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

veedubfreak posted:

That's less of an "oh gently caress I can't fit" as just a suspension malfunction.

Mechanical fault or not, it's the presidents car in similar but more awkward predicament.

That was why I posted it. :)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Holy gently caress
:aaa:

Will look awesome when the ziploc container starts on fire

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

assfucker420 posted:

These are both cool?
Was that a rhetorical question? No. This is the other thread.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

King Ranch models are literally everywhere in Alberta.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

VikingSkull posted:

holy poo poo.....

haha no poo poo.

Judging by the cluster photos, it's hosed anyhow. Showing 3K @ 20KPH when he was taking the photos.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

ijustam posted:

Is that 4Runner painted in bed liner?

That's a thing here in Southern Alberta and seems to be getting more and more common. Especially with hutterites.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I have never in my life seen a Hutterite driving a modified car. Usually they're beat to poo poo Suburbans.

Your Hutterites are poor I guess.

Ones here probably don't drive anything other than a turbo diesel 4x4s that are 2009+ at worst. We're talking King Ranch poo poo.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

InitialDave posted:

They're handbuilt by a company called RML here in the UK. The process is on a par with building a production-based race or rally car - expensive, yes, but you could bring it in for well under the £400k they're charging. That's about how much a WRC car costs.
A WRC rally car =/ street car with all necessary safety equipment and testing.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

GutBomb posted:

How is it any more dangerous or distracting than having a conversation with someone in the car? Dialing and texting I can see, but how is talking to a disembodied voice over your car speakers any more distracting than a passenger?

Not questioning you. Questioning the result of the study.

I was listening to a podcast (while driving :haw:) a while ago and they mentioned a study that it had to do with with quality of the voice. A person sitting next to you is (comparatively) loud and clear. A conversation through a cell is compressed/low sample rate and hence you have to "think" that much more to understand what is being said. Sorry, can't find the cite but I think it was on a Skeptics Guide to the Universe podcast.

FWIW

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

gileadexile posted:

:west virginia:

:alberta:

Example:

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Custom-W0QQAdIdZ425385800

10 years old with 200K on the clock, but puts on new paint, leather interior and rims.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Giblet Plus! posted:

200k is nothing on a diesel.

True, but there is more to a truck than its engine.

It also isn't worth anywhere remotely close to $20K.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Being he's got a new driver sticker, is he still royally hosed with ICBC if it is a mechanical issue?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

veedubfreak posted:

I was following one home the other day, and decided to open my window so I could hear the engine. I was so disappointed, it just sounded like your standard v8 mustang :(

Interesting. There was a guy who had one where I used to live and I thought it sounded great. But he also drove like a maniac :getin:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

^^What? If Elton John was a Cadillac definitely belongs here.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

88h88 posted:

Those double headlights always look loving weird to my European eyes.

Oh gently caress that thing :psypop:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Tape civic

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

It actually looked surprisingly good from a distance. You have to get about 30' from it realize what it is.

And yeah I agree it's not "terrible" but it isn't AI either. Just humorous. I like the pink striping. I also think I know who the owner is and she's about 30 years old.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Is that a Prius front end?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Holy gently caress. Anyone stupid enough to be taken by these clowns deserve what they get.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Jonny Nox posted:

Do you know what city can't handle winter driving?

loving Edmonton.

'tis true, but at risk of a lovely driver dickwaving session, as an Albertan who lived in the lower mainland for 10 years you haven't seen lovely drivers until you've spent time there. Especially when it rains or snows.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Linedance posted:

Google car with a cover over the camera?

Google car taking a picture of another google car is sort of cool

Here is a beauty that I see roaring around town. Photo can't do the HIDZ justice when blazing in glory.

Not seen: horrible fart cannon exhaust louder than diesel bro trucks. Babby seat.

It's a pity actually. I like the style of lancers of that vintage. Take away all the poo poo it's a nice little family car.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I think the 360 is sexy as hell.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Managed to put it between those trees @ 45mph. Oncoming car drifted into my lane and I had nowhere to go but offroad. :(
That sucks. Did he stop?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I hate that dukes of hazzard/confederate poo poo, but that's kind of cool.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

the gently caress?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I expected the branch to land on the parked car

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

some texas redneck posted:

Looks like a 6th gen Buick LeSabre (86-91) - specifically, 87-91 (86 had sealed beam lights).
Wiki needs some image standards for that 86

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Holy poo poo, that looks clean as hell.

Edit: Obvious "Vette" funny bits

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

^^ ouch

`Nemesis posted:

Spotted at the local grocery store....

A little old lady who could barely walk was the owner of it.... sad
We've got an old hoarder like that here too. He'd loving grab anything on the side of the road, stuff it in the car, repeat. He'd do this until the car was full, park it at his farm, buy another $500 jalopy and repeat. He probably has 20 cars on his farm just outside of town. I can take a photo if anyone wants.

A co-worker saw him pickup a roadkill rabbit and throw it in his car.

Guy is obviously mentally ill though. About 15 years ago he had a fire in his main house and when the fire dept came to extinguish it they couldn't find his wife to rescue her due to all the poo poo piled in the house so she died in the fire. :(

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

The CVT in the Subaru has really grown on me. Took some getting used to, but having the engine go right to the power band and staying there when passing actually works pretty well in practice but seems really disconcerting at first.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

sadnessboner posted:

I never knew cougars existed between the barge they became in the 70s and the horrible new edge model from the turn of the milennium. Are they any good? Their anonymity suggests not

Basically a T-Bird, but I've always liked the notch back style over the T-Bird.
To this day, I would love a minty 1990-ish Supercharged XR7.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

At least it looks like he took out a red light/speed camera doing it :haw:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

dpidz0r posted:

There were two more behind that guy also with student driver signs. I'm wondering if they just didn't have any wide load signs so put those on because they were at least yellow? Or maybe it was an actual convoy of student truck drivers.
That's probably all it was. I have seen small groups of students doing their class 1 up here convoyed together.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Snowdens Secret posted:

I have a motorcycle I need to sell and am dreading the hell out of listing it. If you think Craigslist car buyers are bad you should see the squids that roll up wanting a test ride. I get the vibe that criminals looking to steal your ride either right then and there, or late at night once they know where it is, are more common with bike ads than with a car you can ride shotgun in, and lock.

Meet up at a police station parking lot and no test rides without cash shown and a signed agreement that a wreck/laying down means you bought it regardless of fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Wolfsbane posted:

Wow, a clean '89 Corvette, those are pretty rare in the UK. I wonder...

... gently caress you, whoever decided that poo poo was a good idea.

That's a C3 so more like 79, but yeah. They were pretty much the worst vette so I guess it's better that than anything else.

kastein posted:

Stolen from the pirate4x4 hackjobs thread

Is that "bumper" a piece of downspout?