Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Aravenna posted:

There is a "morkie" and a "yorktese" on my local Craigslist right now. What are these, maltese x yorkie crosses? I'm not sure which name is worse.

This reminds me of the super special hybrid "Chorkies" that someone was trying to sell on craigslist this morning. It was clearly a BYB trying to sell off their latest litter, so it was taken off before I could screenshot it for this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

This ad just stood out among the rest. The uncommon dog breed and the refusal to show pictures is kind of suspicious. Oh, and the fact that they only posted it today and they NEED this dog gone by tomorrow.

Edit: just watched the dogs 101 thing on this breed and they claim that this breed is thought to only have about 1000 dogs in the world. Why would one be in the middle of southern VA in this situation? I am calling BS on this ad at this point! (at least, I am hoping it is!)

cryingscarf fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 30, 2012

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

http://blacksburg.craigslist.org/pet/3240066525.html

Sorry for the link, I will try to get a screenshot up of it later tonight! I am sure specifically marketing to broke college students is the smart way to go.

I do think his ice habits are cute though :3:

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

That's right! Move over labs and goldens, malamutes are the new loyal American family dog. So come on college students, the elderly, families with young children and no dog experience, pick up your 50lb-120lb dream dog!! Live in an apartment with no free time whatsoever? No worries. The dog will just adapt.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Superconsndar posted:

I think that is a monumentally hosed up policy, holy poo poo.

I disagree. It would for responsible owners, but if they are actually responsible then the chances of their dog getting loose should be small. But if they are irresponsible owners, they will either say gently caress it and get the dog neutered and pay the $70, or pay the $300 and be more responsible about letting their dogs wander or keep them better contained in the future.

Edit: Missed the part where people just give up the dogs. Still disagree though. Sure, there is a chance the dog might end up being euthanized, but the fact that the people are giving up the dogs entirely instead of paying $70 tells me they shouldn't have had the dogs in the first place.

cryingscarf fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Dec 17, 2012

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Superconsndar posted:

If Moses slipped his collar on a walk and I had to pay $300 to get him back because I refuse to neuter him based on a shelter's perpetual THE PUPPIES tears, I would throw the biggest shitfit imaginable. Holding a person's dog ransom until they agree to do what you want based on your organization's dog opinions should not be legal.

I just look at it as a mandatory fine for having an intact dog running loose, but with an option to lessen the fine by fixing the dog because that's good incentive for owners who really don't care either way. There was an intact male that kept getting out in town (like once a week at least from what I saw) and I would have loved for this system to be in place so the owner would have some sort of consequence for his irresponsible ownership. But, that's all I will say on this now cause it is derailing from the craigslist fun.

Most of the obvious trainwreck craigslist postings for my area were already flagged for removal. There has been a noticeable increase in BYBs trying to sell their "BIG BULLBOXERS", malshis, peekapoos etc though.

Initially, I thought Whight was some sort of line of pit bulls, and then I realized they were trying to say white.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Translation: "We are sick of our old dog with his old dog problems. Someone else deal with it"

Just euthanize the poor thing at this point :(

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Suspect Bucket posted:

Buy our tiny, swaybacked, untrained fugly muddy horse. 600 bux. i lernt to write, skool is hard, comma key is good thing , yes?!?

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/grd/3510412716.html

I have never seen so much comma abuse before. Are they saying that they got pregnant or the horse got pregnant? Also, looks like they reduced the price to $400 since you posted it.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Is a puddle a type of designer dog? Or are they misspelling poodle?

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

RoboRodent posted:

This is exactly what I wondered. I spent a good five minutes trying to figure out wha've been trying to figure out what sort of dog a "puddle" would be.

I did some googling and cannot find a "puddle" designer dog. So that is how they think poodle is supposed to be spelled. I find this hilarious.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Genius.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Guys! Lets start trading our pets like pokemon cards. What can I get for a neurotic terrier mix??

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

platedlizard posted:

That's got to be worth at least one neurotic house cat, and I have several. Want to trade?

Sweet, I'll take three!

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Here are a few smaller ones I ran across today. There was one last night that got flagged and taken down that was a lady yelling about how mean people are because she has responded to a bunch of ads for puppies for her daughter and the people never respond and they are breaking her daughter's heart and she is willing to settle for a kitten too. Then went off saying that these craigslist people are forcing her to go to a pet store to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a dog or cat for her daughter. IT'S ALL THEIR FAULT :'( Someone posted an ad in response saying "Uh... why not go to the shelters?"

You would think a person would know how to spell the things they want to get but that is just asking way too much.

Intersexshun.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

A couple from the past few weeks:

Feel bad for the dog but are people really this irresponsible? (yes.)

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

drat it, Dex has never gotten his flee shots. Is this why I cannot trust him off leash? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Nyarai posted:

"I take her for runs weekly."

Well, I think I've found the problem. Exercise your dog more, and she won't chew your house. Idiot.

Technically it sounds like she USED to take her for runs weekly. Even better.

• Locked thread