Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

:catstare:

It goes on. Eventually there are pictures of dogs. And a jacuzzi. And a kitchen. And a baby swing. And a person. If you really want I can get the whole text but I haven't managed to read it yet.

The title, of course, is "Don't believe the lies......"

A Bait Dog For Your Pit Bulls.

*lhasa apso*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

wtftastic posted:

What if it starts trying to take down people!

Find a sadistic dentist who deserves to die, axe murder him, and feed him to the plant. Reap benefits in the form of endless fame and fortune.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ask for Spaz

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Serella posted:

Yeah, this cat is probably dead, but OMG SOMEONE MUST HAVE STOLEN HIM.

My parents literally believe that most of the outdoor cats we had growing up that spontaneously disappeared were all, in fact, stolen. Surely, some nice old lady decided to keep them and feed them fresh tuna and caviar on velvet pillows and there is no way that they were actually torn into confetti by foxes or mowed down by cars. :downs:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

My real guess is that he was being trained to fight and being pumped full of growth hormones, those muscles are far too developed to have occurred naturally.
Lmao omggggg is this a real post :3:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

It was, however after looking into the build of bulldogs I'd like to retract it due to :shobon:

I've never seen a dog like that, it looked like that dog that was missing the gene to allow fat storage and was crazy muscular

This is what an actual super ripped, ~muscled up~ bulldog looks like

this is a dog at pit weight (prob dried out)

This is a pet bulldog about a pound from what would be his pit weight

Pit dogs are not ham shaped. Pit dogs are not overly muscled. Pit dogs are never blue, like the dog posted. Pit dogs are not fed steroids. Pit dogs are not "trained" to fight. I have to say this for lurkers or I will go insane. :tipshat:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

wtftastic posted:

Super, then maybe that weird dog is just a bait dog. MAYBE.

This is the sound of me softly imploding.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

wtftastic posted:

You know I am just loving with you, right.

You know that I did not actually implode, right.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

PeaBeeJay posted:

But then there was this too. Some lucky ol'dog is getting a retirement home.

This is so sweet. I love this. I love old dawgs. :3:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Aravenna posted:

For Super, there is a pit named Ma'am. :3:

Omg wanna meet dat dawg and discuss Eating Faces over mint julips :3:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Also this dog is also available! The ad itself is pretty normal (posted by the local rescue) but... look at it.

Lab/bassett mix

It happens

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

zeteki posted:

I know hippodawgs are old hat but I've never seen such a spherical head. Truly a magnificent specimen:

Why would you breed a hippo to an OFRN. I see this so much and I don't understand why. If you love hippos so much, why would you destroy their pure, untainted hippo blood with the blood of an actual pit bull?

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Yeah nothing looks wrong with that except "hurf guard dog." Sound like they've got a couple of decent dogs and did the dumb thing that pit bull people do when they try to rent which is "refuse to lie about the breed of dog I own." I really don't get why people say "YEP ITS A PIT, CAN I STILL RENT HERE."

Bloodlines are thrown around more casually in descriptions of APBTs than they are in most other breeds because there's so much type variation that "APBT" could mean anything in the world and you can't even begin to have any idea what kind of dog it is if you don't at least have some idea of the lines it is out of.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Malalol posted:

An ad for 2 pits.
They haven't tasted blood you guys.

Well, there's your problem.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/pet/3449659995.html

I don't normally link a whole ad, but I feel like you guys need the full effect of enjoying those pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/6tXQ4 in case it gets taken down.

lol WHY do they always post pics of the dogs tied, WHY.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

flyable posted:

When we found Starbuck they held her for 14 days while they contacted her owners (she had a chip). When the owners didn't come for her, they released her to me to be adopted. I guess it varies, but I think most have a waiting period while they try to find the owner.

It could be she wasn't spayed and the lady didn't want to pay or something. My ACC has a rule where to get back your unneutered dog it is $300. It's $70 if you agree to neuter your unaltered dog instead of taking them back as-is. Seems like a REALLY good policy, except I was told a lot of people just give up their dogs entirely rather than pay.

I think that is a monumentally hosed up policy, holy poo poo.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

cryingscarf posted:

I disagree. It would for responsible owners, but if they are actually responsible then the chances of their dog getting loose should be small. But if they are irresponsible owners, they will either say gently caress it and get the dog neutered and pay the $70, or pay the $300 and be more responsible about letting their dogs wander or keep them better contained in the future.

Edit: Missed the part where people just give up the dogs. Still disagree though. Sure, there is a chance the dog might end up being euthanized, but the fact that the people are giving up the dogs entirely instead of paying $70 tells me they shouldn't have had the dogs in the first place.

If Moses slipped his collar on a walk and I had to pay $300 to get him back because I refuse to neuter him based on a shelter's perpetual THE PUPPIES tears, I would throw the biggest shitfit imaginable. Holding a person's dog ransom until they agree to do what you want based on your organization's dog opinions should not be legal.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

It's not the ACC that sets that fee. It's the board of county commissioners, and the ACC (as "an entity of the board of county commissioners") is required by law to collect it. Argue against the law all you like, but the ACC literally doesn't have a choice in the matter.

Ah, that makes more sense if it's an actual ordinance. I was reading it as that being some ridiculous shelter policy and couldn't fathom how it was legal/enforceable. :downs:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Some bullshit about apparently ferrets will get out and kill all wildlife forever if they are pets.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Lmao, I would love to know what they are for

It's just funny because I can't think of anything in the world easier to manage than same sex dog aggression in pits. "Okay, you guys don't get to play together anymore." Wow job done!!!

I am glad he is rehoming the cool one and not the blue one because maybe the cool one will go to someone who isn't retarded.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Well that is the most hellish thing I've seen today. Lol @ the video of him spinning a live rat by the tip of its tail until it was all hosed up rather than just whacking it. Why yes, I do feed live!!!!

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Amberlyn posted:

I really, seriously don't know what to make of this. What do you think?

This is a thing. Crazy fat women love it.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

It's like when my friend fed her pet rat (which she'd had for like 2 years) to her snake because it didn't play nicely with her new gerbil when we were in middle school

They were supposed to be FRIENDS and the rats was VICIOUS and had to go and her parents agreed

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Bash Ironfist posted:

Thats how you should get rid of all pets. When the time comes, simply feed it to a bigger animal!

Well I kind of do that but it's different because,

e: all the rodents I don't like get fed to things, but at least I don't use their ability to get along with other species as a litmus

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Siochain posted:

Ya know, I totally understand where he's coming from.
Family friends of ours who lived on a farm waaaaay off the beaten path...I think when I was younger they were averaging 2-3 dogs dumped on their property EVERY MONTH.
This was a full-time farming family, the wife/mother worked part-time as a nurse with 4 young kids in hockey, etc. They tried at first. Any of the dogs that were super, super well-behaved/easy to adopt out they would try really hard. The rest had 5 days. We had no rescues, the only pound that would take "Surrenders" was 2 hours away.
Don't blame the guy who's at least giving a 1/2-assed effort. He can't take the time and money to care for them. So he's going to give them what he considers a humane passing.

Blame the loving asshats who dump their god-damned animals on farms thinking that they will magically live the best life ever.

This. When I lived out of town, dogs were dumped at the end of our road constantly, as in, several per week. Animal control consisted of like, one guy with a pickup and a crate in the back, and a shack with 5 or 6 runs attached to it. If you called about a dumped dog they would rarely come out, and you would often be told to just shoot them. After a while the ones who werent immediately hit by cars or killed by wildlife would form little packs and start harassing livestock and people. Often, there really WAS nothing to do but shoot them. There was no infrastructure in place to deal with a constant supply of dumped strays.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

platedlizard posted:

Odd, you'd think a breeder of fine bloodlines would have invested in a properly built kennel, at least.

Lol let me introduce you to some of my friends

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

kinmik posted:

I'm just going to assume "Razor's Edge" and "Gotti" are the sire and bitch and that they are about three times as hosed up.

They're the two bloodlines created by idiots in the 80s (by crossing in mastiffs and bulldogs and whatever else they thought looked cool) that started the whole blue hippo trend.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

redmercer posted:

It just means stocky pits with massive wide heads that don't try to kill every other dog on sight. No big deal.

Mastiff/pit mixes.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

lmao that guy owns

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

redmercer posted:

Not on your life

yeah redmercer is really mad about my opinions on pitbulls, he let me know via PM i guess?? so that would be a disaster :3:

Supercondescending fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 10, 2013

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

malcriada posted:

Whats sad is that, this dog looks more like a Dogo Argentino and they are calling it a pitbull :(

What are the chances that a random pit type dog is a purebred Dogo, vs a white randomly bred pit bull, if you live in most of the US.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Amberlyn posted:

"They can be either inside or outside dogs as long as they have a little house and enough water and food."

I don't even want to think about someone taking these little rat dogs then keeping them outside 24/7. :(

You would not BELIEVE the amount of "outdoor" toy dogs I see. A lady down the street from me has like, a small herd of mini dachshunds (hosed up BYB "teacup" ones, not ones that are like actual dogs) and they just run around her yard screaming and shivering and being filthy and I really do not see what the point is. :psyduck:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

I dunno, if my dogs were all curled up asleep somewhere I could see how I might not notice one as missing until an hour or two after in happened. If you're busy doing stuff and the dog is presumably sleeping it could take a while before you look up and go "oh poo poo where's the dog." Especially if the dog is a tiny chihuahua that sleeps all day.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

The listing has thankfully been removed, so I don't have a screenshot, but yesterday I saw a blue and gold macaw for sale on craigslist. It was sitting in a tiny dog crate with a broom handle jammed through it as a perch. Bout six inches of poo poo and shredded newspaper were in the bottom. He couldn't even stand upright and had to hunch to sit on his perch.

They ~didn't have time for him~ anymore and wanted 800 bucks for him. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

:allears:

Some pit champions don't even go for 10k, but these American Bullies? these are not your every day dog.

• Locked thread