Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Tusen Takk posted:

My real guess is that he was being trained to fight and being pumped full of growth hormones, those muscles are far too developed to have occurred naturally.

Um no. The dog looks pretty skinnyfat. It just has weird struture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

ButWhatIf posted:

It annoys me to no end that people are starting to have to put "standard" in front of the word "aussie" because there are so many goddamn stupid "toy" or "mini" aussies running around being completely pointless and aaaargh.

Oh god yes this. You have no idea.

wtftastic, odds are the pup's hearing is fine. It's probably at no more risk of being deaf as the rest of its littermates. Odds are the breeder isn't testing any pups for deafness though.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

wtftastic posted:

Are only double merle aussies at greater risk of hearing loss? I thought any merle dog with excessive white on the face or near the ears was at risk. Glad to know its not necessarily true.

I think it's kind of a crap shoot. The hearing loss is related to the amount of white shown on the body, and breeders like to see ears fully coloured, but I've seen quite a few heterozygous merle Aussies with proper markings and hearing loss. I think it's a low enough likelihood to not be too worried if you have a mismark with a white ear. Being mindful of it and testing for it would be good though.

It's a lovely photo, and the pups are still potatoes, but I don't see any mismarks there.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

I think that's two puppies.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

Double Plus Good posted:

Not craigslist, but a particularly dumb Yahoo question I found when Googling "average chihuahua weight"

Yeah, I'd really like to make sure that my dog is a deformed minimicroteaspoon size before it grows into a massive 6-8 pound standard chihuahua. HUGE!

Funnily enough, the breed standard calls for Chihuahuas not to exceed 6 pounds. An automatic disqualification is a dog that exceeds that weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

:allears:

Some pit champions don't even go for 10k, but these American Bullies? these are not your every day dog.

Like houses, they are worth what people are willing to pay for them.

• Locked thread