Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Clanpot Shake posted:

Is there a Star Wars goon IRC channel?

#sweote on synirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is there a good list of reasons to add boost/setback dice? Same for advantage/threat over what's listed in the table in the book?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Sorry my post was pretty unclear, my bad. I know in the book it says that players can lobby for boost dice, or that advantage can do more than just the stuff it says on the table. I'm looking for some narrative/fluff/in-character/etc examples of that to help show my group some of the outside the box options.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I believe I know the answer, but just looking for confirmation, but if I am getting shot at, and have a choice between increasing range by 1 (to add a difficulty die) or diving into cover (to add a setback die) I am better off adding a difficulty die, correct?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Has anyone been as crazy as to do up death star blueprints/maps ?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I do wish they would release softcover or spiral bound books with less fluff and just gameplay poo poo.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

If you did an imperial campaign, you could maybe do a black ops level one, decent starting xp and the reason you can't call in bombing runs every 2 seconds is you're operating on way off the books level black poo poo.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Fuzz I'd throw a character into an imperial game.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Need more bad guys rolled for Fuzz's game, or are you afraid to be bad?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

No, my character is about to kill us all.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So CPS, I gotta thank you for your players idea. Tonight in my RL game, the GM mentioned that we had to get intel from a guy out of 160th floor safehouse. I went "I got this", flew the hovercar up to the window, shot some holes in it. It didn't break, so our Toydarian slipped a frag grenade in the holes, boom. Other member of the team came in the front while the guards were distracted, grabbed the mark and off we flew.

Almost did it AGAIN later to different mark, I kind of hope it becomes our signature thing.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

If you have a smart phone that can run it, the dice rolling App is pretty good and we have a few folks at our table who use that vice a set of dice.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Addition - Murder

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Go the other way, make Social Justice Bot

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Perception works pretty well, tailor how much you give them based on threat/advantage.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Does anyone know anything more than what wookiepedia has on the Xanter-class deep-space exploration frigate? It's in Enter the Unknown and sounds cool as gently caress, but there's not any imagery or anything. Croatian?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I would stab a hobo for an advance copy of that, the mass combat rules would be great for Rebels!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

What about a droid book?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Fuzz posted:

Roll net Threat on everything? I usually have the Threat equate to negative consequences, like the hack was successful but the alarm triggered, or the explosion took out the enemy but now there's a hole in the hull and we're losing atmo. Maybe I should be enforcing more Strain penalties, then.

I would do a mix. If someone rolls 3 threat on something, maybe they suffer 1 strain and set off an alarm.

Strain, like Crits, starts out pretty meaningless but snowballs quickly.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I wonder what sorts of specs Bounty Hunters will have.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Pick up a WestEndGames Death Star Technical Manual and you'll be good.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Recruiting for a new game:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3637875

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

KomradeX posted:

Thanks for the name generator.

How do you guys deal with people being weary of the specialty dice. I had a friend day they souks have just used the d10 system din the 40k books. They're willing to give it a shot but I sort of hope they're not expecting the worse abdominal looking for conformation bias against it.

Tell them to suck it up, the dice work really well, this is one of the tightest systems I've played in.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Fuzz posted:

Anyone had any experience running a large field battle a la Battle of Hoth on this system? I tried to find rules in AoR, and they are scant at best.

They should be out in one of the next supplements, not that it helps now. For Rebels! I abstracted a lot, and turned a lot of groups into groups of minions which helped a lot.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So is there a way to get the character creator to stop being a pile of garbage and stop trying to print postage stamp sized pdfs randomly? So far only thing I can find is back up, uninstall, re-install, etc which is a royal pain in the rear end.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Rand Ecliptic posted:

I know, I want to love the Ghtroc, but the "official" deckplans for the ship (from Starships of the Galaxy, also on Wookieepedia) are so abysmally stupid I can't bring myself to. Why do I feel beholden to (not) canon so??

this one?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So I need some printable sheets for my RL game, do Age of Rebellion sheets not exist?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Madurai posted:

Well, except whoever did that picture of the Y-wing in EotE. Which also made it onto the Gold Squadron card in X-Wing Miniatures. Someone needs a word with QA.

What's wrong with it, what am I not seeing?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I tend to let melee players play a little loose with "engaged" based on the narrative. Though bad guys get that too.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

That looks drat near professionally done, I like it.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Now I really wish I had gotten that last frame to work right.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

So, if anyone is going to GenCon and needs to get their game on, I'm running six demo games in FFG's RPG room over the course of the con. Two of Edge, two of Age, and two of the new Jedi game. Come throw some dice with me, yo.

We miss you in irc, we have nobody to blindly support the Wayfarer anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

I've been busy with work and family stuff. Lots of goddamned deadlines. I'll log in later and tell you guys some more about how you're all wrong about the Wayfarer and how it owns.

Any public word on f and d beta coming out at gencon?

• Locked thread