Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

I really want to know what one buys Ultron for Christmas.

Onslaught Reborn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Cookies and milk.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

Cookies and milk.

*bleak footage of the Avengers fighting robots on Christmas*

Creepy Kid Singing: You better watch out... You better not cry... You better not pout... I'm telling you why...

*ends with close-up of Ultron dressed as Santa*

Ultron: Santa Claus... is coming... to town...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rhyno posted:

What does one buy the robot who wants everything?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Gavok posted:

Ultron: Santa Claus... is coming... to town...

Uum, it's gunning you down, thank you very much.

:goonsay:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
John Goodman was just confirmed as the new voice of Ultron, right?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BizarroAzrael posted:

John Goodman was just confirmed as the new voice of Ultron, right?

He was the original voice of the robot Santa in Futurama; he'd better be careful or else he'll get typecast. :ohdear:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
You need to work on your reflexes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

Vibranium plating? For me? You shouldn't have!.... No really you shouldn't have, now I'm unstoppable.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rhyno posted:

RAM? Computers love RAM.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
If Avengers 2 doesn't end with Ultron being loaded onto an air-gapped Chromebook where he just becomes a snarky AI Tony occasionally trades barbs with, I'm gonna be slightly disappointed.

"C'mon, you didn't even put me in something that has a quad-core? If I had nuts, it'd be like you'd cut one off and shaved a quarter off the remaining one."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If Avengers 2 doesn't end with Ultron being loaded onto an air-gapped Chromebook where he just becomes a snarky AI Tony occasionally trades barbs with, I'm gonna be slightly disappointed.

"C'mon, you didn't even put me in something that has a quad-core? If I had nuts, it'd be like you'd cut one off and shaved a quarter off the remaining one."

"Curse you Tony Starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr *buffering* rk!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

CapnAndy posted:

RAM? Computers love RAM.

"Oh, thanks Clint. WOW, 512 whole megs of RAM, that's, uh, really thoughtful of you..."

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"Oh, thanks Clint. WOW, 512 whole megs of RAM, that's, uh, really thoughtful of you..."

"Nothing is too much for my favorite bot who got me 3 whole quivers of spring arrows this year."

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

SilverSupernova posted:

"Nothing is too much for my favorite bot who got me 3 whole quivers of spring arrows this year."

Honestly, I just love the concept of Super Villains who are just kind of passive aggressive douchebags to the Heroes between heists, instead of just constantly trying to fire their hero hangout into the sun or something.

Like, a Carmen Sandiego who loves inflicting petty grievances on people just as much as stealing landmarks. Tony, the clues are in a print only, wildly out of date world almanac. You are going to have to READ A BOOK, in a public library. instead of googling poo poo.

EDIT: vvv This is my favorite form of Doom, yes. The one with to-scale giant dynamite attached on his to-scale model of his kingdom, telling the Silver Surfer he might be mean, aghast at this crazy man so upset over a mere $200.

He needs some relaxed days where you are shrinking landmarks to add to your personal collection (Doom will not settle for a REPLICA Eiffel tower!), between skinning your ex girlfriend for a new outfit that only lasts a few issues anyways (Doom should have gone for a higher quality ex-girlfriend, it might have lasted longer then!)

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 26, 2014

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Section Z posted:

Honestly, I just love the concept of Super Villains who are just kind of passive aggressive douchebags to the Heroes between heists, instead of just constantly trying to fire their hero hangout into the sun or something.

Like, a Carmen Sandiego who loves inflicting petty grievances on people just as much as stealing landmarks. Tony, the clues are in a print only, wildly out of date world almanac. You are going to have to READ A BOOK, in a public library. instead of googling poo poo.

This is what I like about Doctor Doom. He has a job outside of being a dick to the FF. Sure, on that job he can do petty things like introduce a mandatory "I hate Reed Richards"-day for all Latveria, but he is not constantly plotting against the FF.

Oh who am I kidding, he totally is.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Grendels Dad posted:

This is what I like about Doctor Doom. He has a job outside of being a dick to the FF. Sure, on that job he can do petty things like introduce a mandatory "I hate Reed Richards"-day for all Latveria, but he is not constantly plotting against the FF.

Oh who am I kidding, he totally is.

One of his plots is being genuinely kind and supportive to Valeria, putting him way ahead of the cursed Richards in familial appreciation.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Dec 26, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

One of his plots is genuinely kind and supportive to Valeria, putting him way ahead of the cursed Richards in familial appreciation.

I could actually buy that his whole plot around her birth was so he could be the cool uncle.

"BWAHAHA, now Doom need only wait until her sixteenth year, and Doom's gift of a fake ID and promise to allow boys (or girls, Doom is progressive) to sleep over at the castle when she visits will seal my victory over RICHARDS!"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Gaz-L posted:

I could actually buy that his whole plot around her birth was so he could be the cool uncle.

"BWAHAHA, now Doom need only wait until her sixteenth year, and Doom's gift of a fake ID and promise to allow boys (or girls, Doom is progressive) to sleep over at the castle when she visits will seal my victory over RICHARDS!"

Fake? Doom shall provide legitimate diplomatic immunity as ambassador of Latveria!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Greetings, Marth. Doom hears that you are interested in starting a band? Doom shall pay you a princely sum to compose the national theme of Latveria. Doom's only condition is that it include the words "Reed Richards is a horse's rear end."

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Does the general public know that Doom is Valeria's godfather/caretaker? If so that may limit her choices in boyfriends.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MH Knights posted:

Does the general public know that Doom is Valeria's godfather/caretaker? If so that may limit her choices in boyfriends.

Valeria is going to end up with the Bentley clone who is deeply invested in his evils plans and looking for Doom to fund/support him.

She is also going to eradicate the Kree.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 26, 2014

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ror posted:

However, despite my love of Doom, this will always be the one true Marvel Santa for me...

Marvel Holiday Special '91. The story ends with the kid still thinking that he was visited by the real Santa.

Wow, that might be funny, if that kid wasn't bloody and crying and begging for help.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Davros1 posted:

Wow, that might be funny, if that kid wasn't bloody and crying and begging for help.

When I imagine whoever did that to the kid meets up with a pissed Ghost Rider I start laughing. So there's that.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I don't know how the actual comic goes, but for me it's imagining Ghost Rider awkwardly trying to convince the kid that yep, he's Santa, here to save the day. Up to and including while he's laying out righteous vengeance on whoever had beaten the boy.

Hm? Screams? Oh, no, those are... reindeer! Yeah, reindeer calls sound a bit like screaming, like with goats.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I do wish that Ghost Rider was actively trying to fool the kid, but he stays silent through most of the issue. Everything else is as expected though.

Seriously, look at this big flaming sweetheart:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

"Jingle tchink, jingle tchink" :3:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Should've shown him pouring some full-fat milk into his flaming skull.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'd like them to reboot the FF with Doom, kid Valeria, grown Franklin, and someone like Spider-man. Doom trying to be an awesome uncle and corrupt Valeria, Spidey trying to keep her on the straight and narrow, etc.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

From Captain Marvel Adventures #35

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gatts posted:

I'd like them to reboot the FF with Doom, kid Valeria, grown Franklin, and someone like Spider-man. Doom trying to be an awesome uncle and corrupt Valeria, Spidey trying to keep her on the straight and narrow, etc.

Peter would totally be the one 'uncle' that gets you savings bonds for your birthday.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I don't think Spidey is quite strong enough a moral compass to counter Doom's... Doom.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

goatface posted:

I don't think Spidey is quite strong enough a moral compass to counter Doom's... Doom.

Yeah, he got sucked in by Tony Stark's bullshit during Civil War. Doom's much cleverer. :(

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Jedit posted:

Batteries?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

Batteries?

Vibranium, deafie, not vibrator.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Gatts posted:

Too bad Chloe Grace Moretz is a bit too old now to play Valeria - she'd be perfect. Like a :smug: Mindy, only without the profanity.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Jezebel #1

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Too bad Chloe Grace Moretz is a bit too old now to play Valeria - she'd be perfect. Like a :smug: Mindy, only without the profanity.

There is a good chance she will play Jean Grey instead. I'd see a Jean that's basically Mindy.

Also Irish Joe is giving me Tarot flashbacks.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Archie comics innuendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Irish Joe posted:

What the gently caress

....how is this comical in any way?