Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Psh. That's amateur hour.

http://memosfromfury.tumblr.com/

e: also the not-as-good
http://shieldhr.tumblr.com

Sockser fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

MikeJF posted:

To be fair, back for most of his history when his Shooters were artificial and he didn't have crazy spider-powers added... were his powers really all that spidery? Super-strength/reflexes and the ability to climb walls. Pretty drat general. He could've been, like, gecko-man.

Didn't he used to (pre-films) climb walls by manipulating gravity or something absurd like that?

Uthor posted:

A good explanation of Spidey's Spider-Sense.

Ultimate Spider-Man FCBD, a comic version of the first episode of the tv show.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Uthor posted:

To be fair, that's not a giant Acme novelty safe.

I'm sure if I go digging I can find something of the sort in the newspaper Spider-man archives. I know I've seen him get pistolwhipped like, a half dozen times.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

MelvinTheJerk posted:

Here's a fun game for that first panel: Try to figure out which "Black Guy" he's talking about. Luke Cage was in New York at the time. Black Panther was in Wakanda. Ready? Go!

Wasn't a superhero. Just the city's resident black guy.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Well that's kind of a little creepy, innit?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Zereth posted:

He has also been known to use his magnetic powers to move around a chunk of ice.

Hey man, water is a polar molecule :colbert:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Found this in a completely unrelated GIS, so I have no idea what it's from:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Redrawing female superheros as Hawkeye:

http://www.themarysue.com/introducing-the-hawkeye-initiative/#10

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

This is amazing, I cant wait till comeone does the infamous catwomen buttbody one.

Will this do?

http://mattbors.tumblr.com/post/37135232395/my-submission-for-the-hawkeye-initiative#notes

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

MikeJF posted:

The sad thing about the hawkeye initiative is that most of them have way better anatomy than the original. I mean, look at her body there on the right, her torso just goes forever.

The sad thing about the Hawkeye Initiative is that it started as "look how oversexualized female superheroes are and point it out by drawing them as some male hero like, i dunno, hawkeye" and it quickly became a meme of just
"LOL LOOK AT HAWKEYE DOING A SEXY POSE ROFL"

Fuckin' hate the internet.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

He cut off his face like a year ago, if I remember right. But then, I haven't touched any comics in like a year so I could be way off.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Isn't one of Superman's established powers being able to yell really loudly?

Like, he could just sonic the symbiote off and call it a day.

Or heat vision it off and call it a day.

Or ice breath it off and call it a day.

Man, Superman is loving stupid.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

TwoPair posted:

More fun in Avengers Assemble #12: Hawkeye and Spider-Woman are having a debate about whether people still write checks in 2013.

In case you didn't get Spider-Woman's joke/reference in panel 3, Clint Barton is a child

Boner dollars are hilarious and anyone who thinks otherwise can go to hell.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I'm scared to ask but... what happens when you flip this book?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Mister Roboto posted:

Honestly, the idea that mutations can literally make you into body-horror freaks is a more interesting idea than them making you supermodels who have claws or laser beams. It's always touched upon here and there, but in the end, comics need to sell and that means we need sex appeal, so the hot people take center stage.

You should check out Wild Cards, I guess. As I understand it's a forums taboo or something but it's pretty rad. Alternate history mutation poo poo, mutants with useless powers, etc etc. Long-rear end book series plus a 4 issue comic from the early 90s (I think) (I haven't tracked down a copy of #4 yet. I should just loving buy it online) and then a 6-issue that came out just a few years back.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

KoldPT posted:

What Linux distribution do the X-Men use?
(Uncanny #3)

Omega RedHat :rimshot:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

*see most xmen comics

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Why is Deadpool wearing a sweatband?

My god, every page posted just raises more questions

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

It's Pavlovian. See Bat Signal -> Change costume -> Go see Gordon

But this time he was already in the batsuit so he changed into his 3-piece. Dude doesn't even think about it any more. Batsignal->Change clothes

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Gatts posted:

"Hey, so I was stealing some eggs and you broke my collarbone and punctured my lungs with a broken rib. Whazzupwidat?" No really, that seems excessive.

For context, an individual faberge egg is worth anywhere between 15 and 25 million dollars.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Who's the fourth dude in super heavyweights?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Zeeman posted:

The only one I don't recognize is the guy behind/between Daredevil and Wolverine. Guess I'd better buy more MARVEL COMICS!

Cloak, of Cloak and Dagger? Maybe?

So little of him is visible and generic that it's really hard to tell.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Who're Hippie Jesus and the red "grrr" guy?

I can answer one of those,

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

This might be more sad than funny.

Source: Tumblr.

What's truly upsetting is that Pepperann's expectations are exactly what reality is :(

e: ugh I can't get over how upset this is making me

Sockser fucked around with this message at 18:33 on May 16, 2013

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

TheCIASentMe posted:

Find and go to a better comic book shop. Atomic Empire is my local shop and is staffed by about 60% women.

I'm a dude, but I'm a software dev and being a feminist and the amount of women in my field and what bars entry to STEM fields for women and blablablabla

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

15 years and it's only gotten worse, if anything

But enough of that derail, whatever, funny panels

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Alhazred posted:

And what's up with Supergirl's costume? It looks like it was so short that she had to glue a piece of cloth to cover up her crotch and add the cape to cover up the rear end. And isn't she supposes to be a teenager? That costume is just :stare: upon :stare:

There was some blog, I'll never be able to find it again, but basically it picked apart female costumes and redrew them as less sexual and more functional, and they always referred to Supergirl's old costume as a 'frilly belt'

The new costume is even worse. What even is that?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

There was some one-off book I remember reading where Logan's skeleton is all loving mangled and Kitty Pryde pushes him around in a wheel chair and then kills him by phasing her hand inside his skull and just kinda jumbling the bits up real quicklike.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Wanderer posted:

I just reread that a couple of weeks ago. It's Hisako, not Kitty, and she holds him down in a fire until he dies. It takes about eight hours.

Illuyankas posted:

You're probably mixing the Ghost Boxes What If Wanderer's talking about with the What If where Wolverine gets brainwashed by Hydra or something, singlehandedly kills every other hero in the world and then Kitty leaves her hand in his head after he severs it to finally kill him. I think she bleeds to death after? It was a pretty dumb story.

Yeah I got the two conflated. Thanks :)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Unfit For Space posted:

Why is the ad infamous?

This isn't the best one but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNfhNW0GDew

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Source: http://marvel.com/news/story/20743/get_ready_for_marvel_lego_variants_in_september

Proportions are more accurate than the real cover :lol:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Slashrat posted:

I can't help but laugh at the hilariously out of place "thumb" they added to that mini-figure hand in the instructions

:confused:

A minifig hand is one finger and one thumb. Which all of those shots have??

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Lobok posted:

Being an atheist is one thing, but in a comic book world I think it'd be more prevalent to have people who reject belief in any kind of laws of science and would be kind of anarchist and devil-may-care about everything, possibly anticipating death or the end of the world at any moment. If you lived in a world where it's a long shot but not implausible that one day you could be walking down the street and suddenly gravity disappears for a while or your aunt turns into a neon Godzilla during every blue moon you could be forgiven for just not giving a gently caress about anything. Like hey, I'm going to jump off this tall building, wanna come? Nah, I'm not suicidal I just want to see what happens, y'know? Maybe someone will catch me, maybe my latent mutant power will kick in, maybe I'll fall through time, or maybe I'll die. And if I die, I might come back to life, whatever.

"My name's not Ben Parker so I'll be back eventually."

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

David Alleyne is now my favorite mutant.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81vLH7ITNbE

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

redbackground posted:

You're right, I have no idea what I'm doing oh wait, it's exactly as I said, they're all from #34.

Reed Richards Wore a TShirt
Spider-man had hosed up eyes
Iron Man was Fat
Iron Man was a Lady
Wolverine was a cat
Thor had Kyle Rayner's Red Lantern helmet
Captain America was actually MC Bat Commander
Doctor Doom went to Medical School
Sue Storm's Suit didn't turn invisible
Dr Strange was Groucho Marx
Ant Man was a dick
Wolverine's claws were on his feet

and a few others I can't quite place

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Well, technically, the whole thing's dead flesh since it's hanging off his face, ain't it?

Anyway, back on topic with funny things, here's a flashback to Barry Allen's first time meeting Hal Jordan.

The Flash Annual #2

http://www.theonion.com/video/green-lantern-to-fulfill-americas-wish-to-see-lant,20741/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Zereth posted:

I don't have the image on hand, but there's also one where he stops some ice falling on him. Magnetically. So they were really "anything he loving wants as long as he mentions magnets while doing it".

Water is a polar molecule v:v:v

• Locked thread