Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

If I'm reading OPM correctly, he works because the character is ABOUT how there's nothing to challenge him. Nobody wants to read only Superman stories about that. His power level is a problem for having him overcome challenges and working as part of a larger universe.

That's what silver age superman stories were. He didn't have any real challenges, so instead he was always dealing with a bunch of bizarre marriage schemes and transformations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

X-23 used to be a really bad character.

X-23 was always a really bad character, just one that was inexplicably blessed with good writers. Thankfully, avengers arena broke that streak.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

Secret Origins #46

Why isn't there a recent issue with the Legion doing American Idol style tryouts?

Screw Arm-Fall-Off-Boy, look at the guy on the far right of the top panel. His torso is a rocket. His crotch is the rocket's nose. I think the rest speaks for itself.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If the kid is in uniform and in a car, isn't it much more likely that he is out with his parents? Iron Teacher's crude mechanical brain cares nothing for the fact that the boy's mother is in the hospital; it only sees that he isn't in class. I just hope that someone had the forethought to include holidays, vacations, graduation and death to Iron Teacher's programming.

Also, "He can kill an alligator with one punch!" has a definite subtext of "So just imagine what he could do to you. OBEY."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

Do you mean a death in the family, or if the schoolkid himself is dead? Because I'm seeing a classroom stuffed to the gills with child corpses if someone programmed him wrong.

The latter. Considering its reaction to what may well be a death in the family is to assault a car and abduct a child (back to class), it is already too late for the former.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Uh... isn't Giant Girl like 15 in those books?

That's Wasp. It is easier to include her in the avengers when you don't have to pretend that her normal powers are useful.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
By Wasp I was obviously referring to Hank Pym's brief use of the name. Duh.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
No, that was provided by Wizard, who was very briefly deranged and dying after Black Bolt finally got sick of him repeatedly hypnotizing Medusa. I don't think Klaw is suffering from any particular brain disfunction. It was kind of a lovely miniseries that existed solely to drag characters back to their old status quo anyway.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

He doesn't throw everything into the sun. :saddowns:

That's Injustice Superman's job.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Funny Sonic panels are still good, right?

As soon as you find one let us know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Heh heh, I just obsessively collect sonic comics to make fun of them. It isn't like I'm a fan or anything despite never posting anything else in the funny panels thread. Likewise, the fur suit is ironic.

• Locked thread