Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pimpmust posted:

Oh that's one of the GOOD art-quality pages from that issue (not the bad-art thread, but these are pretty funny).

Behold:

Because for some reason this is a "Beach" issue.

I think one of those are supposed to be Kitty Pride? Or possibly Bombshell (they all have the same face).

Are these two consecutive panels? Because unless I'm reading it wrong, that dialogue exchange between the two panels doesn't make sense?

Filboid Studge posted:

John Wraith uses the phrase 'exit wound like a chicken pot pie' to describe (I think) some kind of mercury-enriched bullet in a late-80s Wolverine book. Wonder if it was the same writer.

Larry Hama also wrote Wolverine for a while, so probably.

Also, edit:

Larry Hama's wikipedia page posted:

[Hama] then served in the United States Army from 1969 to 1971, during the Vietnam War, where he became a firearms and explosive ordnance expert

So if Hama says it leaves an opening the size of a frozen pot pie, I'm going to guess that he has a pretty good idea what he's talking about.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

xiw posted:

'SNOW MEXICO'

Reminds me of that Dave Attell joke: "Eskimos, or as I call them 'Snow Mexicans'."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Cangelosi posted:

When I had posted that pic, I had thought it was Tony Stark. I apologize. In order to make up for this mistake, I will actually post a real Tony Stark picture.

(Iron Man #219)

Wow, just learned something new. If you make Forbes' Fortune 500, you get a t-shirt! That's a pretty sweet deal.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Wanderer posted:

It's photoshopped. The original panel is from a relatively recent issue of X-Factor. Doom was painting Layla Miller.

Schneider Heim posted:

Why would Doom paint Layla Miller?

Say Nothing posted:

Wait... we are talking about adult Layla Miller here, right?

Jerusalem posted:

Maybe she called his artistic ability into question, Doom's not gonna stand for that.

Lurdiak posted:

Layla had a lesser version of the weird uncle relationship Valeria has with Doom. I doubt it was an erotic portrait.

Jerusalem posted:

Yes, we've already ascertained he wasn't painting Namor.

The writer and artist hosed up big time on this. Everyone knows that the only subject worth the artistic abilities of Doom . . . would be Doom. Why would he paint anyone other than himself?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Lobok posted:

It's so she can have a bikini on and thigh-highs. Maximum sex appeal!

" . . . and on that day, many a furry were born. Amen."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ror posted:

However, despite my love of Doom, this will always be the one true Marvel Santa for me...

Marvel Holiday Special '91. The story ends with the kid still thinking that he was visited by the real Santa.

Wow, that might be funny, if that kid wasn't bloody and crying and begging for help.

• Locked thread