Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I was going to ask why nobody was bringing up Howard the Duck on that float. Then I thought for a moment, and realized I did not register his presence the first two times.

Perhaps because my brain was trying to protect me from harm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

CzarChasm posted:

So, he gets the powers from the goggles?

How does he take them off?

By carefully using a pair of guns (please don't be loaded please don't be loaded DAMNIT)

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I know basically nothing about Kyle (Or, well. Green lantern beyond the casual outsider's knowledge), but the impression I tend to get is he's a pretty okay guy who keeps having a rough time just because he's not Hal Jordan of the special needs Lantern division.

I'm sure Kyle has done his own share of spectacularly moronic and questionable things though, because Comics.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

VanSandman posted:

Cobra takes care of its own.

Doesn't working for Cobra have a sweet benefits package or something?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

With the way he is leaping at your face from the card, now I'm just imagining Batman losing it and going on a holiday kidnapping spree due to :thejoke:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

Ahaha, holy Imperious poo poo.
There we go.

Gotta wonder though, were the planets Surfer ate like, really tiny? Or does all the surfing keep the weight off unlike ol galactus?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I know it is the wrong question to be asking. But why are Cyclops and Captain both wearing jackets and hoodies? Were they cold?

EDIT: Also, Captain is just kicking himself for forgetting he had a shield like, right there when Doom shot that guy.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 26, 2014

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Moronic question, why do they keep sending her friend to the principle's office too?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Clearly this is going to be the end of Hickman's Avengers, they must stop an incursion while the planet incursioning is one full of Stilt-men. Can the Avengers find the source of the incursions when they're between the rock and the stilt?! Feat. Iron Stilt Man, Spider-Stilt-Man, Wolvestilt, Captain Stiltmerica, Captain Marstilt, Stilt Widow and The Incredible Stilt.

Does the incredible stilt still have purple pants over his stilts?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

muscles like this? posted:

Someone should probably tell Hal that his wrists and ankles aren't made of metal.

He's just borrowing from the Magneto playbook. "Magnet powers? Yeah, I can basically do whatever the gently caress I want. And what I want is DICK PUNCHINGS"

On that note, has Magneto ever punched somebody in the dick? If not, why hasn't he? Or at least make Wolverine punch himself in the balls.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Gavok posted:

There was an older story from maybe the early 80's (late 70's?) where Phantom Stranger brought Batman and Robin to another reality where they're a day from the Waynes getting shot. Robin wonders if they should let it happen because the world needs a hero like Batman, but Batman refuses to sit back. Instead, he shows up in time and beats up Joe Chill, getting his own feel-good redemption before Phantom Stranger sends him back home. Later on, we see that world's young Bruce studying hard and dedicating himself to getting into tip-top shape. He's going to become Batman, not out of vengeance, but out of inspiration for the mysterious stranger who saved his parents. I believe that issue is Mark Waid's favorite comic.

Just hearing that is pretty great even if it's some what if/alternate dimension sort of deal :unsmith:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Eeevil posted:

I never really understood why the fake mother was okay with that, though. What did she want with half a baby?

Is having half a baby is still better than not having a baby in the first place?

The point was probably to make Solomon look like a smartypants and not any actual lesson, like "See this clever thing Solomon does, he's so smart and that fake mom is so dumb I can't believe she fell for it."

Which can be the only reason we need sometimes, which brings us back to marrying Hitler just to gently caress with him. How often has Captain America caused Hitler EMOTIONAL Trauma huh?... No, really, I want to know this.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Oct 20, 2014

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

smashpro1 posted:

How exactly does one blow a smoke skull?

They just said he was Grim 80's, so duh? Also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaMBKDA-vzw

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

mind the walrus posted:

Nah Cyborg is about 50% tokenism and 50% getting an Iron Man-style "tech hero" onto the JLA. It's exactly the same thing Grant Morrison tried to do with Steel back in the 90s JLA, but this time it's sticking. I've come around to accepting it a lot more than most of the other dumb New 52 stuff.

Now I hope there is some stupid joke in the comics that "Cyborg's part in a movie about us is being played by Shaq".

Also Cyborg has an arm cannon how is that lame :colbert:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

bobkatt013 posted:

Batman did abuse it recently since he needed to go to Apokalip

I want to believe Batman was asking "Are we there yet?" constantly like a petulant child, as Cyborg flicked the extradimensional portal on and off like a light switch. Don't make me turn this boom tube around Batman.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
How many living smaller than human animals/bugs/etc are there that could not gently caress somebody up if they were human sized?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cassa posted:

Injustice Year Three #6

Out of his depth Batman is one of my favourite characters.

Yet still polite enough to actually hang up the sign for her.

Or would that be rude enough just to spite Constantine? Both are fine.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ghostlight posted:

That is the only correct way, apart from pre-Venture Brothers where it was Vincent Price.

So, what is Doctor Strange's relation to Vincent Van Ghoul?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lobok posted:

It would be pretty agonizing trying to be attractive to Superman. You can never wear your granny panties, he can hear you fart from across the galaxy, and wrinkles wouldn't even be in the top 10 of disgusting things he could see on your face.

This is making me imagine the Clark Kent glasses have like, the WORST lenses just to help him get by in his day to day life.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

VanSandman posted:

Isn't the canon Marvel Explanation for characters acting in a way the reader doesn't like that it was a Skrull or an alternate universe version?

Where does this leave alternate universe skrulls acting in a way readers don't like?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Honest to god, I hope that thing is also quilted.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

goatface posted:

Why does Tony have a Gambit mask now? That was always the dumbest mask.
The Gambit mask looks GREAT!

On X-com rookies who do not rate power armor.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ghostlight posted:

It's just stupid. Like how many non-invulnerable heroes are running around with their faces completely uncovered, but no Tony needs to get shot in the face so he can show how awesome he is with magical power-creep science buzzwords.

Maybe he didn't buy it as an Item disadvantage and it's just thematic because he wanted some cool armor but not dealing with random attacks magically occurring out of nowhere every single waking moment not wearing it?...

I'm sorry, HERO/Champions system flashbacks :spergin: (More fun, buying a Alien Raygun as an Item. Being told that it both makes no sense and is impossible to let your allies borrow it, but still held to it getting stolen and shot with it by an enemy :downs:)

Comics relevant question, what exactly does Tony do after looking up faceshooter's kid?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ghostlight posted:

Oh I have that one from an argument about whether Magneto could affect Mjolnir.

[Journey Into Mystery #109

To be fair, Thor is covered in iron nipples so he may just be making an amazing quip rather than literally using the power of magnetism on a simile.

I've seen this before but oh my loving god I just love Thor's position in the last panel. I can't help but imagine him going "Wheeeee! :histdowns:"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Senior Woodchuck posted:

From the latest issue of Chew:

I always knew purple stuff was up to no good :downs:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Sentinel Red posted:

Why? Why would you do this when there's an actual Sonic thread you can keep all this godawful shite in?

So we don't have to go to the sonic thread for comic panels? :v:

Fake EDIT: In a kind and just world, there would be a "Blue-Ray Manta Ray" in a comic by now.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Scarlet spider, why are you so great?

Though the Santa didn't say Nohohoooooo, 9/10.

I do like that he took the time to pick out one, and say gently caress this guy he's not getting webs. I'm going to take the time to specifically string him up with xmas lights.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

SilverSupernova posted:

"Nothing is too much for my favorite bot who got me 3 whole quivers of spring arrows this year."

Honestly, I just love the concept of Super Villains who are just kind of passive aggressive douchebags to the Heroes between heists, instead of just constantly trying to fire their hero hangout into the sun or something.

Like, a Carmen Sandiego who loves inflicting petty grievances on people just as much as stealing landmarks. Tony, the clues are in a print only, wildly out of date world almanac. You are going to have to READ A BOOK, in a public library. instead of googling poo poo.

EDIT: vvv This is my favorite form of Doom, yes. The one with to-scale giant dynamite attached on his to-scale model of his kingdom, telling the Silver Surfer he might be mean, aghast at this crazy man so upset over a mere $200.

He needs some relaxed days where you are shrinking landmarks to add to your personal collection (Doom will not settle for a REPLICA Eiffel tower!), between skinning your ex girlfriend for a new outfit that only lasts a few issues anyways (Doom should have gone for a higher quality ex-girlfriend, it might have lasted longer then!)

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Gaz-L posted:

I could actually buy that his whole plot around her birth was so he could be the cool uncle.

"BWAHAHA, now Doom need only wait until her sixteenth year, and Doom's gift of a fake ID and promise to allow boys (or girls, Doom is progressive) to sleep over at the castle when she visits will seal my victory over RICHARDS!"

Fake? Doom shall provide legitimate diplomatic immunity as ambassador of Latveria!

• Locked thread