Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Atomic Robo: Why Atomic Robo Hates Dr. Dinosaur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Jimmy Olsen #133

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Derek Dominoe posted:

Wikipedia confirms this, or at least it is somewhere in the Jimmy Olsen series. I am really curious as to how that comic could result in something as awesome as the Fourth World.

Also, were Superman and Jimmy dicks to each other on every single cover?

http://i.imgur.com/hfUtA.jpg

SPJO #127, obviously.

Superman being a dick has long been established. But, sometimes, he did the same thing twice:

Superman #293 and Jimmy Olsen #115

smashpro1 fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Sep 8, 2012

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

Man-Thing has gained complete sentiance and now has the ability to talk to people. His language is X'Celsior! which will translate itself automatically to everyone in a language they understand the best. This sometimes gives Man-Thing strange accents, too.

Thunderbolts #176

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Rhyno posted:

He is until the next film which will be after the date on that!

I hope he's in the SHIELD TV show. :ohdear:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Mister Roboto posted:

That's the kind of fun stuff comics SHOULD be. Rockslide is awesome.

Rockslide is the greatest.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

TMNT Micro-series: Donatello

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

Marvel Point One features an unlikely cameo.

Buckethead?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

StumblyWumbly posted:

Go Wolvy!
Snikt

Deadpool in a box!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Team Fortress 2: Doom-Mates

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

While not a panel, I found this clip of the Axe Cop animated series to be really good: http://youtu.be/Fkh6IZdPp98

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Is there a way to copy pages from a digital comic? I got the new Mass Effect one-shot, and I'd like to post some of it here without resorting to :filez:.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Alright, I managed to get it.

Mass Effect: Blasto: Eternity is Forever

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Superman/Batman #75

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I posted:

DC Dictionary.

Don't you hate it when a goddamn whale eats your shoes?

And that's terrible.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

All this talk of the Super Dictionary, and nobody posts the most well-known part?

And that's terrible.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

That Dr. Doom panel might be the greatest thing I have ever seen. :stare:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Spot-on casting for everyone. Especially Groot.

I just heard "I am Groot" in his voice in my head, and it was fantastic. :allears:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

The best part is clearly Hank McCoy's new club.

Music class with Funkmaster Doop begs to disagree. :colbert:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

TwoPair posted:

More fun in Avengers Assemble #12: Hawkeye and Spider-Woman are having a debate about whether people still write checks in 2013.

In case you didn't get Spider-Woman's joke/reference in panel 3, Clint Barton is a child

Dollar bills aren't paper. They are a blend that is 75% cotton, and 25% linen. :eng101:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Somebody call Rick Moranis!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

Surely this is a fan comic or something? I hope I never see a retail product that uses Comic Sans.

I know that Comic Sans is based on the lettering from Watchmen.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Deadpool #7

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

When did Deadpool start wearing bell bottoms and a Daredevil shirt?

*Edit* And why did he stop?

It's just for the issue, since it's supposed to be Deadpool during the Bronze Age.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Where is Kraven on a date? That was the best one!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Plutonis posted:

That's not how Cousins kiss! :stonk:

It is on Krypton. :pervert:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

You leave the body on the windowsill in the sun like he was a pie, and hope Lex Luthor doesn't sneak up to try and steal it.

He's sitting like a pie, not a cake.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

But why would you moonlight as a costumed vigilante when you're already a vigilante turtle. :psyduck:

I know in the CGI movie, the team kinda fell apart for a while, so Raph became a costumed vigilante (who was easily recognized by Casey, since he looked like a giant metal turtle).

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Choco1980 posted:

Wasn't there also a time in the original cartoon where one of the bros donned a disguise and fought crime freelance too?

I know Mikey did in the 2000's series.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

There IS something broken with you, Ice King. :smith:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Deadpool #8

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

TwoPair posted:

And the silly jokes about the respective game series keep flying...

Shut up Mega Man, block puzzles are a bitch.

(Everything from Mega Man #26)

gently caress those blocks!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

wiegieman posted:

What we should take away from this is that we need a Rockslide solo book.

This all that I want. :allears:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

The West Coast Avengers/Marvel had a very strange spoiler policy in the 1980s:

WHO COULD IT POSSIBLY BE!?! I MUST BUY THE ISSUE TO FIND OUT! :derp:

Wait, why are there two Iron Men? Is one of them Rhodey?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Blind Sally posted:

I thought the first few arcs of Ultimate X-Men were fairly enjoyable. Not brilliant or game-changing, sure, but fairly enjoyable with decent art. It was definitely the weakest title of the lot, by comparison, and it got a lot sillier as time went on.

I liked the UFF arcs involving the Marvel Zombies.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

What, exactly, is Herc holding onto? :stare:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

"I'm beginning to think this isn't a real couch."

Swamp Thing #62

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

That is my favorite Dr. Doom moment. :allears:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Little Mac posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, your President of the United States.

Not MY President!

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I've been reading Carl Barks's Donald Duck stories and they are simply phenomenal. From Donald Duck and the Golden Christmas Tree:

Donald Duck is an ice-cold motherfucker:

(Don't know the exact source, but it's most likely from the same era.)

• Locked thread