Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Kharmakazy posted:

Why the hell is he always sitting down?

When you are Darkseid every chair is a throne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

The looks on She-Hulk's and Wolverine's faces in those two middle panels could be straight out of a Kate Beaton comic.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Wanderer posted:

There's something really entertaining about the panel with Kaine crushing the coffee cup that I can't quite articulate yet.

It's his perfect transition from :stare: to :black101: that slays me.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

Looking at how his face and shoulder are drawn, hmm, I think he looks pretty uh, moist.

He fought the little man in the boat!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

So, who won?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Is Cyclops hosting a talk show now?

Please say yes.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

goatface posted:

Does he always have to be right and have the final word?

It's probably why they call him THE END.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Gatts posted:

At that point they should just have him go liquid metal like the T-1000 where his body just finds itself and merges together.

That reminds me more of the Thing. From the Carpenter movie, not from FF.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Bloodly posted:

They're leg stretches. Start from where his legs are crunched up, and stretch your legs out, trying to reach the last silhouette. Then back again.

If done correctly, it kinda looks like you're riding a bicycle. Which makes Ghost Rider the correct character to do this.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I like to think that's just Gambit's default method of entering anywhere. "Here, let me get that door for you sir" "Nah I'm good" BOOM

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Who's more extreme and 90s than extreme 90s Thor?
Thunderstrike!

Things just got ugly indeed.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Archyduke posted:

alas:

(from somewhere in the first three issues of the Len Wein/Steve Erwin Gunfire series.)

That sounds much more like he's basically Gambit without any control.

Which is not nearly as funny as a guy who turns everything he touches into guns.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Pugs are also the ones that, due to the malformation of their head, can't properly breathe, right?

That cute wheeze? That's your pug struggling to breathe.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Sure you haven't, Bruce :jerkbag:

edit: Although now that I think about (why do I think about this?) I can totally buy that Bruce has never watched one of "those movies". He has his Rogue Gallery for release, after all.

Grendels Dad fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Aug 2, 2014

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I love that all the people keeping the Avengers, FF and the military busy have the same posture.

Also, I imagine Namor's "We don't have them down there" in the same tone as that guy from Clerks going "I'm not even supposed to be here today!"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

It's funny because the whiny guy sits on a couch, and where I live couches have pillows that serve perfectly well as silencers.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Or Superman could catch the gun. But I guess throwing it so that Supes can catch it and still have it look convincing is a bitch to figure out. They should have gotten the guy who used to throw Steve Austin his beer cans, he had perfect aim.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

What the hell are the Rings of Vice?

Fabulous is what they are.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

I think that's the trope they mean - where people fire until they're out of ammo and then just ineffectually throw the gun at their target for whatever reason.

(the reason is the gun is useless without bullets in it so why not?)

I hope later on the gun thrower gets his hands on some bullets and has to throw them at Superman too because he's all out of guns.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

funtax posted:

But if you watch closely, there's a splice right before he throws the gun, meaning they probably did at least two takes. I'm trying to imagine how terrible the end of the first take must have been that the decided to go with the "throw and dodge" version in the final cut.

He probably hit Superman in the first take.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Why is Thor talking like that? Where are his thees and thous?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

goatface posted:

I like that Hulk, he looks monstrous. Three toed and with a frame that's significantly different to just super-roided human.

He kinda looks like my 11-month old son. right down to the color and number of toes.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Greek Mythology is a soap opera and/or WWE.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Leave the poor doctor alone. Clearly Hal has a steely junk and what's a man with a magnetic fist to do?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

General Ironicus posted:

At least Ken Penders surely learned from that and didn't make the same mistake twice.

Oh dear.

This might very well be the ugliest thing I ever did see.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Uthor posted:

Now what's the Colonel's secret recipe?

It's people.

AnonSpore posted:

Why do kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

Same answer.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Her bra is made of bones growing from her chest :stonk:

It's like someone tried to make Doomsday sexy.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Chinston Wurchill posted:

We'll miss you, Superior Foes. :smith:

At least things went out with a bang. Or perhaps...a shock.

But can I shock the Mocker?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Waterhaul posted:

Possibly :v: He explains it earlier in the issue, plus the suit is basically a symbiote now.

I wish comic book writers would stop putting in "transparent" if what they really mean was "invisible".

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Selachian posted:

Tarantula had a gun that fired a sticky nylon line that he used to swing around. I don't know of any earlier characters who had similar abilities. The pulp Spider (Richard Wentworth) carried a thin, strong silk rope that he sometimes called "the Spider's web," but it was just a rope.

Ah, the days when "carry around a strong rope" was considered a superpower.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Hear hear!

Rocket skates for life!
(source: The 80s Rocket Raccoon miniseries)

It looks like he is ascending on a pair of balls.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

So why does Arishem the Judge have a coffee mug for a head?

Too Much Coffee Man came up in the world.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Section Z posted:

Honestly, I just love the concept of Super Villains who are just kind of passive aggressive douchebags to the Heroes between heists, instead of just constantly trying to fire their hero hangout into the sun or something.

Like, a Carmen Sandiego who loves inflicting petty grievances on people just as much as stealing landmarks. Tony, the clues are in a print only, wildly out of date world almanac. You are going to have to READ A BOOK, in a public library. instead of googling poo poo.

This is what I like about Doctor Doom. He has a job outside of being a dick to the FF. Sure, on that job he can do petty things like introduce a mandatory "I hate Reed Richards"-day for all Latveria, but he is not constantly plotting against the FF.

Oh who am I kidding, he totally is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Doesn't even look like blood to me. Is the joke that she shat herself?

• Locked thread