Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I realize these aren't funny panels but A) it's Stan Lee and consequently B) these are wonderful. I love this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6P37LneIFs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

MindlessHavok posted:

I don't think that's a buttcrack. It's at the same level as her arm. From the angle of the mirror it's probably her oh gently caress it why am I explaining this

I think that's her back and the artist just all kinds of hosed up the angle he was drawing, like Rob Liefeld's explanation for boobs-Cap.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Piedmon Sama posted:

To pedantically spoil redbackground's joke, it's also an American gesture for "gently caress you." I haven't seen it since elementary school though.

Appropriate to your avatar, he may also just be giving the hammers.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I'm pretty sure Cap could get reasonably drunk. I don't think his metabolism works quite fast enough to purge toxins from him as fast as Logan's does. The movie exaggerated it a bit, I believe, though I can't check the OHOTMU (Marvel wiki be damned) at work.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Here's a panel. From Wolverine and the X-Men #20, a couple pages ago Warren summoned this energy sword, much to his own surprise as well as that of Mystique and the new Silver Samurai, depicted here as Warren rushes off to save Shark Girl from Mystique, or perhaps the other way around.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

JediTalentAgent posted:

In the Marvel Universe, a show about intelligent genetically engineered canine police officers would be treated more like a taken-from-the-headlines crime drama and less like a sci-fi story of make believe.

It probably is taken from the headlines. Watch them do a Dog Cops mini in a year or so.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Fuego Fish posted:

X-Men #57 (or so I have been told) shows that Cyclops has always been a bit of a racist.

Wow. In his bigoted rage his eyes even forgot to make the correct onomatopoeia.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

From Uncanny X-Men #47, the look on Bobby's face is the perfect mix of :stare: and :getin:.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

What the gently caress is this out of?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

With Hostess shuttered, delicious Hostess® Fruit Pies™ are now considered a delicacy.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Rhyno posted:

You want hosed up? The first time that page was posted in BSS it resulted in at least 10 probations. The conversation was just a wee bit disturbing.

If I remember correctly, that's what led to the "don't discuss comic characters' sex lives" rule.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Random Stranger posted:

And by these days you mean everything after his second appearance. So, since 1964.

But he'll never live that name down...

Even 20 years later he was referenced in Spider-Ham comics as Paste Pot Peep. It's just a more memorable name than "The Trapster."

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Dacap posted:

All of them have completely unnecessary armor too. Even Joker has armored shoulders on his purple suit.

He's just going '90s x-treem with '80s shoulder pads.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

She ends up giving the job to Storm, just because she likes Storm. Kitty is terrible at hiring people.

She could've hired far, far worse than Storm, like Beak if he's still alive.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Why can't Captain Daimio stop looking at Roger's junk?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Mister Roboto posted:

And to be honest Nick having a son, or 10 sons, seems perfectly reasonable to me. Guy's been sleeping with more women around the world than Quagmire.

I really wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those women were really sleeping with LMDs.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

Answer: Who cares? It's loving Detroit.

Maybe Detroit is how Earth should convince Galactus that he should never eat our planet.

"Look, Galactus, I understand Earth, in general, looks appealing. However, I suggest you take a look at this particular part of it. Do you really want to consume that?"

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Gavok posted:

Dormammu respects how sinister it is to charge $4.99 for a NYC hotdog.

Do they seriously cost that much?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Lars Blitzer posted:

Don't look at me, man. I bought into the Barkerverse line as well as the Midnight Sons set of comics they had going back in the day.

Please tell me you're not knocking Midnight Sons. Sure, Darkhold was kind of poo poo and I never read Nightstalkers, but otherwise it was actually good among a whole sea of '90sed-up crap.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

^^Maybe Cyborg is like some kind of robo-skink.

Cabbit posted:

They have got the brittlest drat metal in DC. Like, if you're gonna be a superhero, maybe spring for something that's not going to shred like construction paper the second somebody with super-strength gets ahold of you.

I'm supposed to believe these guys can develop complex cybernetics, but not a metal that Black Adam doesn't even need two hands to rend?

In fairness, Black Adam is Superman levels of strong.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

"Is… this your hand?!?" [bows to audience]

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

prezbuluskey posted:

My favorite part from his miniseries was when Taskmaster has to save the girl hes been traveling with from a musical mexican drug cartel:

Gods above and below, do I hope they bring back Don of the Dead. That was such a horrible yet well-executed pun that he needs to come back sometimes.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Gavok posted:

It was House of M. There were no nifty scenes in Ultimatum.

No, I seem to remember us agreeing that the Multiple Man suicide bomb dogpile on Giant-Man (ans MM as a reusable suicide bomber in general) was actually a good idea.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I find extra amusement in that the Euro symbol isn't even a letter, properly speaking.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

According to (probably true, given what I've read here) legend, he's also Kirby's inspiration for Mister Miracle, so he's also got that going for him to boot.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

I'm still in the dark, care to enlighten the foolish and/or obtuse?

It's something with the mentality of DOOM landing in a monument to freedom of the individual.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Ghostlight posted:

I think Black Bolt is being intentionally ironic there, given the levity with which he is otherwise treating the conversation.

The part I love is how Namor— of all people— is asking "Why would you sleep with a woman who ______?" of absolutely anyone.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Say Nothing posted:

I tried finding a funny Psylocke panel in reply to this, but all I found was pages and pages of the same spine twisting 'boobs-butt' pose.
Source: Every comic Psylocke appears in.

The singlet thong and chronic "boobs-butt pose" are why I hate this character. She has no purpose other than Chris Claremont spank material. At least she looks different now, but who knows how long it'll last?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Choco1980 posted:

Sometimes I think I'm the only person who thought she was a more interesting and worth-reading character before all that nonsensical ninja-body-swap bullcrap.

I've never read her before that. When was the change?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I have no idea why Juggernaut has a bloody shovel, but between the look on his face over it and Dr. Octopus riding a horse that clearly has murder on its eyes, I don't care why. This image is wonderful.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

This isn't from any actual comics, but some furniture company decided to do something bizarre and wonderful on its blog. Example:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Seldom Posts posted:

It's either that or 'unfrozen caveman lawyer.'

I wonder how many goon lawyers we have--it seems like every thread I follow, someone outs themselves as a lawyer.

<-Sadly.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

bobkatt013 posted:

First year law student :(

Don't go back for second semester. Unless you know for sure you're going to be one of those top 10% of your class yutzes AND you're the kind of twisted mutant who thrives on stress, law practice is a bad life. Also, no, you can't "do anything with a JD" unless "anything" is "be pigeonholed because everyone else wonders why you're applying there instead of making loads of money as a lawyer."

Sorry for the derail, but the youth need to be educated.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Bloodly posted:

...Doom's done surgery(Though I don't believe he's an actual surgical 'doctor'), Samson shouldn't be here(Dr of psychology), Midnight's done surgery even with his blindness, Light ain't a medical/surgical doctor, Octopus I don't think is either, Strange should be here physically since he's qualified, Fate I forget, and I don't know anyone in the gallery.

Doc Samson is a psychiatrist, which means (as opposed to a psychologist) that he does have an M.D. I wonder why Doctor Voodoo wasn't in there.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Please never mention Madrox and Mark Millar in the same sentence again.

Why? It was Loeb who did the suicide bomber thing with him, and I've got to admit that was actually a good idea.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Dare I hope those animal covers lead to a relaunch of Peter Porker: the Spectacular Spider-Ham?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Unless I missed something big, he is indeed still a Vietnam vet. It's integral to his character due to the nature of the conflict. His most recent rejuvenation was when Daken killed him, Morbius stitched him back together into Franken-castle, and the Bloodstone regenerated him on Monster Island. Poof, Frank's young in body and has all his ribs again.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

Disney owns all of the Muppets that aren't Sesame Street, it's gotta be either them or Sesame.

It would have to be Sesame, then, because of Disney owning Marvel.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I don't know which I want most: the clown (of course), Mickey, or Donald. They all have wonderfully horrifying expressions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

smashpro1 posted:

Nah, business as usual is just killing dudes like it ain't no thang.

He may be particularly pleased with himself for a bold, innovative new method.

• Locked thread