Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I haven't kept up with X-comics in a while, is Iceman permanently in ice-mode now or something? Seems like every panel posted he's always iced up.
It hasn't been addressed directly (at least not in WATM, but maybe in one of the other books I don't read?), but that seems to be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uncanny X-Men #139

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Mary Marvel one is from Countdown.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Except the throne. That's just a toilet.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Every version of Cap would have been revived post-Cold War at this point. The 616 sliding timeline puts his revival right around the late 90s or early 2000s.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fried Chicken posted:

hey now, Dick Tracy recently got taken over by a new team and is now great. If you want to complain, talk about Blondie or Nancy or For Better or for Worst or 99% of the insipid "dog comics" out there

Hey, Pooch Cafe is great and currently features Iron Mouse and Iron Fishmonger fighting.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I think it happened after I stopped actively reading, but they decided to make Polaris Magneto's daughter after decades of quite deliberately showing that she was NOT in any way his daughter (including having blood/DNA tests done), right?
Yep. It was some Austen bullshit.

Edge & Christian posted:

It doesn't make it any less weird to look at now., but they did not establish that Wanda and Pietro were Magneto's children until several years later. So at the time that comic produced, it was just Magneto punishing a runaway member of his Brotherhood, not his daughter.

Which is still creepy.
Yeah, it's pretty weird and creepy, but even after the revelation, they made it clear that neither of them had known their relation prior to that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I remember in the 90's he used his magnetism powers to cure Boom Boom's brain damage.
That was Rusty and Skids, actually.

(Unless there was also a bit with Boom Boom that I missed.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

(not sure what it's from, probably hawkeye?)

Social Media everyone.

This is amazing. Hawkguy is amazing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jetfire posted:

Anyone who's read Gulliver's Travels would know that this can't go anywhere good.
Or Geoff Johns's Avengers run.

Avengers (some volume) #71

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

Well they did have that one page where they describe Richards and Stark as the Explorer Supreme and Engineer Supreme respectively...

I can't account for Reed, but that really is the best description of Stark. He's an engineer, not a scientist. Waid is saying basically the same thing in Indestructible Hulk right now, so it wasn't actually the worst idea Slott had.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lobok posted:

I can't tell if Spider-Man is joking or if this is uhh, the "Superior" Spider-Man if you get my spoilery drift.
Considering it was spoiled like three posts up, I don't think you need to be subtle. But yes, that is Superior Spider-Man.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Metal Loaf posted:

Is that Alan Davis, or is it somebody with a similar style?

Stuart Immonen. I don't really see much Davis in it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Immonen was channeling Davis a bit. He's an incredibly varied artist when he wants to be.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Less concerning than the fact that Val wants to use nukes to power a time machine is the fact that apparently the FF have nukes just lying around the place where children can mess with them. Y'know, in the Baxter Building, which only comes under attack every other Friday.
They don't necessarily have nukes just sitting around. Val can probably build one while watching Saturday cartoons without much trouble.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Whoa, a new Stilt-Man?

Same Stilt-Man, new armor.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Archer & Armstrong #6

Thor: God of Thunder #4

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pirate Kurt best Kurt.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Matlock posted:

How do you even weld a dog to a face?
With a backpack-mounted welder. (Probably TIG.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dacap posted:

The biggest bullshit is that the band won the dancing contest instead of any of the dancers.

No, they were dancing when they got their FruitSlushes. They were inspired by the real fruit juices and vitamin C. DUH.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

Is Cyclops hosting a talk show now?

Please say yes.

No, he was just doing a press conference

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sly Deaths Head posted:

From what I've heard from a local comic store owner, the only time comic movies ever lead to significantly higher sales is if it's a stand alone story like Watchmen or V for Vendetta.

Generally, there's a bumpin collection sales around a movie, but that's about it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Exit Strategy posted:

Did... did they put on each other's shirts?

:confuoot:

I think they are both wearing Flash's shirts. A tank top, even a relatively loose one, for Felicia wouldn't be anywhere near that loose on Flash.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

I would like to go on record strongly doubting that there are millions and millions of nu52 Starfire fans :mad:

Probably not, but DCU Presents is an anthology series, anyway, so it doesn't actually matter.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

...bastard, that was so much better than mine.
I didn't even realize what I did. gently caress.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

dandaman posted:

He meant Logan. And the fact that he looks more like a "beast" than a human for some crazy reason.

Immonen's art was way off through the whole issue.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It's 1984. How do i know?

The only thing more 80s would have been an IROC-Z.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TheAbominableSnow posted:

I come bearing gifts.

They might be little large--I'm not sure what the limit is. I can edit them down if it's a problem.

These are horrifying.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Trinity was bad.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That is not Shadow Man at all!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Avulsion posted:

There was a short story in some special a while back where Forge was trapped in a giant fortress full of strange broken machines and some murderous pink blob that was trying to eat him. He had to repair the machines in order to defeat the blob and escape and then it all turned out to be a hallucination where he was really just fixing his brain.
That was in the Marvel Now teaser book and a teaser for this series.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

That is a good thing since he was dating a clone of his mom.
Excuse me, you mean a clone of the female portion of the genes he was cloned from.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How the gently caress is Silver Surfer anywhere below Super-heavyweight?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Alhazred posted:

Speaking of the Reign of Supermen, have the Rain of Supermen:

(52 #35)
Lex Luthor is such a glorious rear end in a top hat.

Someone please make me a LexCorp sticker to put over my Apple.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like how Black Adam looks like he is saying "Look! I took your arm!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mahfood owns.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's surprising that Glob Herman of all characters has managed to stick around. I guess Martha Johansson has shown up, too. And maybe Ernst?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think the plan is to publish singles on Comixology, then print trades when enough issues are in the can, which Bandette hasn't quite hit yet.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kid Urich does a lot of fapping those couple pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

So Sauron is Dr. Dinosaur now?

• Locked thread