Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Semper Fudge posted:

Justice League #0

Anyone else see that final pose and think of Beavis and Butt-head singing Iron Man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Cabbit posted:

Did I miss Silent Bob becoming the new Captain Marvel? Because that is very clearly Jay he's hanging out with.

It's possible he was hanging out with Freeburg from Freddy vs. Jason.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Waterhaul posted:

Everybody needs to buy Wolverine and the X-Men #17.

"HIS CHOPS ARE TOO RIGHTEOUS!"

Jason Aaron appears to have a habit of taking characters and concepts (Ghost Rider, Fat Cobra, Doop) and creating batshit amazing histories for them. God bless him.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Binary Badger posted:

This was in the last two pages of Strange Tales II

Awesome joke aside, the first three panels would have been one hell of a development in AvX.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Perry Normal posted:

The other side of this coin is Batman's trip to Canada to promote literacy and Zellers.

For some reason instead of going to the Stampede, Batman fights Joker at a generic rodeo in Edmonton. You can read the whole comic here.

I remember a discussion about this comic on this forum years ago.

"This comic was terrible. It was about the Joker declaring that he owned North America and that he was evicting everyone else."

"I don't know, that sounds pretty awesome."

"It was bad. There was a scene of Batman and some teenagers going to Zellers to buy cowboy hats."

"You aren't helping your argument."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Xander77 posted:

Many of you are feeling sorry for the puppet. That is because you are craaazy. It has no feelings.

We were talking about Big Bird, not Romney. Keep up.

I'm starting a new series at 4thletter where I'm going to start covering all sorts of crossovers. Comics, TV, movies, etc. I debuted it with crap-filled DC/Dark Horse joint JLA vs. Predators, where the JLA fight genetically engineered Predators with their powers.

So naturally, you get Super Predator.

And Plastic Predator.

But I will never, ever be able to wrap my head around this.

Instead of putting together another Super Predator -- which they have the technology to make -- they decide, "Let's just take a regular Predator and dress him in black. Who's up for lunch?"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Marvel Universe vs. Avengers #1 has a pretty funny and very obscure art error in there.

Can anyone spot what's wrong? Hint: it has to do with the Academy.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Waterhaul posted:

Well maybe it's not a mistake and Marvel Nemesis is just his favourite game :v: .

Considering Marvel Nemesis your favorite game sounds like a mistake to me.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Gavok posted:

Marvel Universe vs. Avengers #1 has a pretty funny and very obscure art error in there.

Can anyone spot what's wrong? Hint: it has to do with the Academy.

As a follow-up, I got this done when at NYCC.

"I said 'Hazmat', not 'Hazmat', dammit!" – Jonathan Maberry

"Wait! That's my character!" – Greg Pak

And it turns out that, yes, Marvel does own the rights to the Imperfects. So there's no reason we shouldn't be seeing Johnny Ohm in the Thunderbolts.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Thunderfinger posted:

It may be just me, but that sounds kind of interesting. It may not be a very good idea to do so, but at least it would be a new idea.

They've actually done it twice in What If and once in Peter David's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man run.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Sanschel posted:

David Aja posted a page from Hawkeye #6 on his Twitter, it's not terribly spoilery but linked here to err on the side of caution.

This is very possibly my favorite page of anything ever.

OK GO!

"UGH! Shellshock..."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Goon #43. Franky is a master strategist.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I posted:

DC Dictionary.

Don't you hate it when a goddamn whale eats your shoes?

THOSE ARE MY BOOTS
GIVE THEM BACK
YOU ARE A WHALE
THEY DON'T EVEN FIT

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Dacap posted:

From Ultimate Spider-Man 18

Someone needs to post the Blue Beetle version of this scene.

"Don't stare. Your mind fixates and then you find yourself surfing through some weird chatrooms."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Double Dragon #4. As Billy and Jimmy Lee take on a giant dragon, a mysterious, mustached man identified as Stan shows up to give them the advice needed to destroy the beast. The two are a bit cautious about how this guy knows so much about their powers.

:aaa: The greatest reveal.

Marvel's Double Dragon is high on the list of comics that were better than they had any right to be. Dwayne McDuffie writing most of it is a good reason as to why.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Ulysses S. Grant posted:

Avengers Assemble #11 was basically made for this thread.

And what better follow-up than All-Star Western #15? Jonah Hex and Amadeus Arkham are taking on Mr. Hyde and Arkham's been force-fed Dr. Jekyll's legendary formula. At first, he lashes out violently at Hyde, but then he runs off to let his id run free.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Soonmot posted:

You really need the next panel where Tony immediately starts to do it.

The best part of the whole scene is that Tony immediately starts to take his pants off without questioning it and it's only until a few panels later that he finds out why he's supposed to do it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Metal Loaf posted:

I'm more concerned by the contention that Venom fought Juggernaut on equal terms. Did this ever actually happen?

Three-issue arc by Ann Nocenti. First round, it's even until Venom gets distracted by something. Juggernaut curbstomps him to the point that Venom would have died from the injuries had it not been for a plot device. Second round, Venom is empowered/infected by this virus that makes him super-strong at the expense of making him even freakier-looking and more insane (the idea being to do Venom's own version of the Spider-Man black costume storyline). Venom wins this round. Then round three has Venom back to normal. They brawl until Juggernaut cuts out because he's not paid enough to put up with this. Venom wants to give chase, but his girlfriend convinces him not to.

For content, here's something amazing from Incredible Hulk vs. Venom by Peter David.

This is almost exactly how I reacted when I first read that page.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

And so, Second Life is born.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

SirDan3k posted:

I'm guessing you mean Zubaz don't feel bad though I only know how it's spelled because Eddie Brock once forced the symbiote to become a pair and the artist wrote the name on the pants just to make sure everyone knew.

Venom: Funeral Pyre #1.

I wonder if there are any panels of Mac Gargan in Zubaz.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

CzarChasm posted:

The only way it could be worse is if the letters were scribbled on there in poor handwriting.

Don't forget the smeared bloody hand print.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Yeah, I want to see Bautista do this in the movie.

I fly for miles inside this fit of hunger!
A place where no one has thin mints, I FLY ALOOOOONE!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

laz0rbeak posted:

The adventures of Flash and Felicia's wardrobe continue! (via Amazing Spider-Man 341):

The Flash wears pants made out of goes fast. Flash wears pants made out of WTF.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Uthor posted:

Finally, they make it to space (this could be in the badass panels thread).

Incredible Hulk 271

In Marvel vs. Capcom 3, when Rocket Raccoon beats Hulk, he says, "Let's KO some space clowns again sometime, mate. For ol' time's sake."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

NoMoneyDown posted:

So this is a real panel that happened. I could have put it in the Ruination thread, and passed it off as Photoshop, but heavens no. This is a real panel.

Probably gonna mean a lot more to long-time pro wrestling fans.

Source: DC Universe Presents #18.

Can't wait for her to beat up Superman.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Choco1980 posted:

"I TOO CAN BE SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE!"

New best catchphrase.

I'm more in love with Hulk saying, "I am not so inclined!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Sizone posted:

Hulkshirt Doom as avatar, speech bubble contents as custom text. A perfectly acceptable alternative.

A socially acceptable alternative.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

From Mega Man #24, a brand new bromance is created.

Which leads to this ridiculous cliffhanger image.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

From Injustice: Gods Among Us #15. Superman has decided he's had enough of leaving Arkham's prisoners in the hands of man, so he's going to take them away. Damian betrayed Batman by joining Superman's side.

Batman causes Cyborg to go into convulsions, revealing that he's implanted a virus into him. Cyborg gets his bearings, but doesn't understand how it happened.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

SilverSupernova posted:

From Marvel Adventures: Super Heroes #5

The best part is that this is actually the major plot point that leads to Dormammu's downfall.

Dormammu respects how sinister it is to charge $4.99 for a NYC hotdog.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

ManiacClown posted:

Do they seriously cost that much?

As of Sunday, they are $3.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The Practice bromance continues in Sonic the Hedgehog #248.

EVIL BRO FIST!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Gorilla Salad posted:

When was the last time a decent game let you play as the bad guy anyway? Dungeon Keeper?

Injustice: Gods Among Us.

From the same Sonic issue.

:ohdear:

That's the problem with this comic. We're supposed to be rooting against these guys and we know they're going to lose.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

FredMSloniker posted:

Am I the only one who's a little sad that's not a parody of a Sega or Nintendo console? (Or maybe both, like a Dreamcube or something?)

The pun is still worth it.

Wily/Eggman gives me flashbacks to that issue of JLA that gave us Professor Ivo and TO Morrow working together. I have to wonder if Ian Flynn was using that issue as direct inspiration.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Matlock posted:

I still can't help but read that in The Rock's voice.

And just in case anyone thinks that was a simple, single art error in Injustice 17...

I just read the issue and it's kind of fascinating because you can tell that the artist is on a deadline. For the first half of the issue, the art is pretty decent. Not fantastic, but good enough that you forget that this is the same comic with BATFACE. Then about halfway into it, he starts rushing his art and we get pages like that. And panels like this.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Matlock posted:

Adventures of Superman 504

Personally, this was one of my favorite parts of Reign of Supermen, as despite being a mulletted, gun-toting guy with no powers and a black costume, Superman was still able to convince Steel that he was the real deal. Though perhaps that should be in the touching moments thread.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

ManiacClown posted:

In fairness, Black Adam is Superman levels of strong.

In the Injustice game, when you activate the Clash Wager between Black Adam and Superman, they have this dialogue:

Black Adam: My power equals yours!
Superman: Nobody's does!

Though to keep with the funny and be on-topic, the Clash Wager dialogue between Green Arrow and Killer Frost:

Green Arrow: How's your sister, Hoar?
Killer Frost: You are so dead.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

Prior to the whole poo poo with the Joker, the main difference between mainstream DC and the Injustice world is that Luthor is a good guy. I'm not sure why they went for that, but there you have it.

The reason is best summed up when Mainstream Aquaman first sees Injustice Luthor: "HOW are you still alive?!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

bobkatt013 posted:

This is Chuck Austen we are talking about. This only barely makes the top ten stupidest things he did in x-men if it even makes it.

Someone please write that top ten list. I would, but I don't want to reread it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Fake Edit: I moved Austen to the Chat thread

And now some content.

Wolverine v4 #19

Really, a Gorilla Man/Fat Cobra ongoing series is my dream writing job. The very idea is too beautiful for this world to handle.

• Locked thread