Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Reading spectacles and sunglasses look weird.

Apotheosis posted:

He looks like Willem Dafoe. :psyduck:

gently caress, I'd love to see that. I mean, it'd be like his Green Goblin but you could see his face, and not necessarily in a movie thst kind of sucks, so better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Amazing #611 was from 2009, so it's Peter.

Was that the issue with Yomamageddon?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

If getting your head cut off on earth gets you sent to hell, maybe getting your head cut off in hell gets you sent to earth? :shrug:

Well where was he going to go, Detroit?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It just occurred to me. Iron Jonah is basically Marvel's version of the DC Animated Universe's General Eiling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Wade_Eiling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjAO2NRcPqs (basically what I'm expecting Iron Jonah to do)

Fun fact: Eiling was voiced by J.K. Simmons, who played J-Cubed in the Raimi movies. And like J-Cubed, even after destroying several city blocks trying to kill some Justice League B-Listers in the hopes of attracting Superman (who was off-world at the time), he just leaps into the air still proclaiming he was 'right' even after they talk him down and tell him he's become what he hated, proving he'd learned nothing.

Sounds pretty Jonah-ish to me.

Another fun fact, the episode was written by Warren Ellis, who didn't know Simmons had been cast and would have liked to have knowingly written dialogue for him.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

What's with Carol's origin there? I've never heard of here being anything but a pilot before getting her powers.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Drakyn posted:

The other half of Kingdom Come was that super-heroes in general - specifically including all the silver-agers from the Good Old Days Before Those Danged Nineties - had become a bunch of self-righteous jackasses who'd decided they'd rather be above people than just being people.

Best-man still makes me break down completely and I'm not sure why.

I was going to pick out my old favourite, but kept reevaluating, there's so much gold there. "Fappo" is beautiful, and Punisher's bear-dad.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Madrox posted:

RARGH!!! GIANT HEAD OF TED KENNEDY MUST FEED!!!

Attack on Kennedy.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

fatherdog posted:

She is very unhappy/embarassed by the prospect of playing the love interest of the Amazing Lobster Man, and is keeping a smile frozen on her face so as not to offend her co-worker, as the dialogue indicates.

Mean-spirited alternative answer: she's been drawn by JRJr.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

The current Avengers movie canon is that Bruce Banner once shot himself in the mouth and the other guy spit it out. So an automatic weapon from a few feet away probably ain't gonna do it.

Was that filmed, or only mentioned in one of the films? I know it was in the opening cutscene to the movie tie-in game.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Metal Loaf posted:

My favourite Superdickery cover:

Neal Adams drew this cover; have you ever seen a more dickish smirk on a Superman?

I think what sells it is how Superman victimising Jimmy is kinda standard practice for these things, but here he's also tormenting Aquaman, and in a way that's hilariously specific to him.

Is the context for this lost to the mists of time? I know they did loads like this but what happened in the actual comic?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I dunno about "funny", and definitely not panels as such, but I thought I should post these somewhere:

From this Vice article. By Krent Able.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Cabbit posted:

Further context: Clint's been deafened and Barney has finally convinced the guy to start asking for help.

Didn't he used to need a hearing aid? Can't remember if it was magiced away or if Heroes Reborn deleted it or something.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

If he really wanted to mess with Hitler he should have turned back to Billy. Surprise, you married a little boy!

I have to imagine the next page was him socking Hitler, leading into the opening to Police Squad!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Darthemed posted:

Spider-Man & Batman: Disordered Minds

Wasn't there a bit, I think in the prelude to the Amalgam event, where Spider-man meets the Joker again, only Spidey doesn't remember the previous story and Joker does, presumably due to fourth-wall-evading madness?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

Soo... he's a cat?

Also known as "nature's bastard".

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Almost certainly posted before:

Deadpool Team-Up #890 (Machine Man)

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Gavok posted:

Thank you Bendis for somehow entering the recesses of my mind and making my "Never Happening Ever Exiles" comic cover idea a reality.

It's still missing Charcoal, but he isn't licensed. He's just a legal issue.

I'd be really interested in seeing the pencils for that.

Dare we entertain the possibility they will do weird goofy crossover stuff with Star Wars?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Esplanade posted:

This really needs Batman shedding a single tear and Kelly down in the corner making a sarcastic comment.

These all seem like they could be the art for Magic The Gathering cards with exactly the same names.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

FredMSloniker posted:

So why does Arishem the Judge have a coffee mug for a head?

Everyone knows where this is from right? Nextwave, I think issue 2 or 3. Read Nextwave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

John Goodman was just confirmed as the new voice of Ultron, right?

• Locked thread