Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.

Cymbal Monkey posted:

I got this year's list of amazing names from a local preschool teacher! They are as follows:
• Theron
• Zalo
• Kaydn
• Nazim
• Zavanya
• Kadrea and her mother Qadriyya.
• Kidd

Keep in mind, I live in a small town in the US that is excruciatingly white. These aren't immigrant names, these are "my child is special" names. I have confirmed that every one of these kids was white and had American parents.

Oh, more names from previous years:

Tuesday Noscel (pronounced Nozzle) and her friends Tony Crap and Brona Maloney.

Theron is my cousin's name. He was named after a great uncle, so it's a very old name.

On the other hand, my brother's best friend in grade school was Sir Dorian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
I remember a few years ago reading an article about a baby named "Urhines Kendall Icy Eight Special K," with that first part being pronounced "your highness." I think there is/was a college football player named Yourhighness as well. At least the first dude can go by Kendall.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

My brother named his youngest daughter Caldie, my paternal grandmother's maiden name. She was originally going to be Doris, but my sister-in-law put the kibosh on that. We're all used to it now, but some relatives were threatening to call her "baby girl" for awhile. She was also nicknamed CJ at first since her middle name is Josephine, but people got over it.

An old friend of mine named her daughter Analese, as in "anna-leece" and the spelling drives me batty.

A girl I went to high school with was Araby and her valedictorian speech revolved around where the name came from, which I've since forgotten because it was boring.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

b0nes posted:

Topasuri female
Jibarri male
Trella female

Whitewater. What a surprise.

Content: we used to have "Ziggy Stardust" as a regular customer. His license confirmed that it was indeed his legal name.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Just went shopping, and my cashier's name was Midnight. Before you ask, yes he was black, but not as black as his name would suggest. He was more milk chocolatey.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Just had a little girl named "Charleigh" come through. Like Charlie, but girlified.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

An old highschool friend of mine named her kids Beckett Daniel-Brennen [Lastname] and Ayzlin Illyria-Marie [Lastname]. Yowza.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Indalecia, nicknamed Indy.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Tuniscera. I googled it and got nothing. If someone can tell me this is a traditional name from somewhere I'd feel a lot better.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Jazz'shray. :shrug:

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

New names I've come across: Vilisity, Tomorrow, and Phoeron.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Euneek.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Gargantus.

I...I got nothin

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Toddler by the name of Major Swagg.

Almost forgot "Giovaughni"

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Dystince

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Names I came across today:
Reunitie
Entity
Kinda

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Little girl named Sovereign Heart
Little boy named Knowledge Wisdom

DemonDarkhorse has a new favorite as of 04:29 on Dec 28, 2016

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

stubblyhead posted:

Phenix

I'd say split odds between hippie new agers and Mormon.

2 completely different families, btw, with very different demographics. They should join forces and create the planeteers though.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Little girl names Sovereign Heart, which is cool for a racehorse, but not a child

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Johnnakay
Tomorrow
Laqetiaa
Eboness
Chuntay, which i originally saw as "cunty"
Castiel
Johnnathin

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Normerstine
Earnbroshorn

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Victahrei

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

someone named their 2 boys "major" and "lazer"

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

last name watermolen. not a typo

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

found a "jenova," which i called out on facebook for being loving nerdy and was told by a friend that all the names of her future children were going to be based on video game or book characters and to not be that judgy lady. nope, sorry if you name your kid cloud sephiroth im gonna judge the gently caress outta you.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

nycoulle

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

sisters uniquia and umiquia

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

DemonDarkhorse posted:

sisters uniquia and umiquia

I was wrong on one of these, it was umunique.

other notables: galaxy, kiveelshila (goes by kay), and joshualynn

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

urhieness

i've seen the name before, just never spelled like that.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

shmaryon. i swear its not a wayne gretzky joke

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

kimily

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Slippery posted:

Dick Bong has perhaps the most curious afterlife of any fighter pilot because it seems like he gets name dropped on SA like, monthly. which is a lot for a dude so unconnected with the day to day business of the forums.

come to southeastern wisconsin, home of bong recreational area. i've lived here 37 years, never fails to make me giggle.

lets talk about dumb twin names:
england and egypt- these two also have the same middle name
jaimyriah and jairyeiah
andrea and adrea (not the worst, but each blamed the other for identity theft)
uniquia and umunique

and a rando: inglish

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Slippery posted:

Yeah I've driven past there a bunch of times and I always wonder how often that sign must get stolen. I assume it disappears pretty often.

not as often as youd think. its kind of revered.

more names!

joandy
holly berry
exploit
glacier
cabeatrice

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

ya heines
hevenly

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Woebin posted:

It's time for the 2019 Name of the Year brackets!

Truman Peyote would be a good forums username IMO.

jizyah shorts is :discourse:

found laidyluck the other day

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Lady Disdain posted:

I love the non-white first name + seriously white surname combo. I know a young mixed race girl with a Korean first name and the surname Eddlebuttel.

my japanese teacher in college was suga-sensei, despite her last name being the incredibly white "borgmann"

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

fudgicile fieldtric

idk if its a misspelling of "fudgecicle" or some other random word.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

schnelle

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

Debettignies- apparently a fairly common French surname, but for a first name in the midwest?
Teflon
Kapedushaun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Processed some paperwork for a guy named Narkevious yesterday. I don't usually mind those kind of made up names that much but giving your kid a name where people will surely call him Nark just seems cruel.

It's the misspelled versions of common names that get me, such as:

Jeramey
Taelor
Isacc

have i got two for you then: karheign/karen and moniqeuca/monica
also found today:
Ny Omi
icy
saulvija
braily
quorra
tnise