Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Little something I made - a trace of that crazy bat thing with some tweaking. I'd love to see some ultra-realistic drawings of this guys creatures. :allears:

I really need to invest in a tablet...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

ZearothK posted:

Well, he just gave you more monsters to draw in today's biology lesson!

I've been thinking about trying a Khaladihr. It's kind of a horrific transformation but the way nightmares mouth has been hanging open and his eye - its strangely endearing.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

ChairMaster posted:

Well he's got an electrofrier, I'm thinking that at least this particular wizard knows that magic's a scam.

He's going to try to get them killed since they brought technology with them. Maybe he saw what happened to the GREATEST loving PLANET EVER?

They're definitely using technology as pseudo magic and keeping everyone else in the dark. Science is magic. :science::supaburn: :ohdear:

Also like BiggerJ said at the top - the transformations/Deaths are probably done by the twolesy themselves. The wizards probably know about psychology and are using it to get the comfy seats. What better way to scare someone off your trail then the promises of a painful end? Even more so due to their deep beliefs in the supernatural and other spiritual beliefs.They wizards are magnificent bastards.

The wizards are essentially the bad guy from the living note-book saga, using their knowledge to their advantage and keeping everyone else in the dark again.
Almost a recurring theme in the story too.

They didn't know they brought the wrong guy, they didn't know about how bat-poo poo insane a certain race was, The guy didn't know about the danger technology would cause on that one planet, said one planet didn't know about who sired or mothered there children and it drove them crazy.

This whole story is about paranoia and jumping to conclusions.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Nov 20, 2012

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
"All over its body IT will have gruesome eyes!"
They're making up these monstrosities on the spot.
Like a game of H.P. Lovecraft improv.

BiggerJ posted:

Edit: I really, really want Ben (aka Not-Plume) to figure all this out and take advantage of it. He even has a friend who can back him up.
BiggerJ hosed around with this message at Dec 1, 2012 around 00:32

All they have to do is cast a "All the twosleys that are trying to kill us will drop dead spell", then all the twosleys trying to kill them will die.

"Allthetwosleysthataretryingtokilluswilldropdeadsix!"

scarycave fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 2, 2012

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

ZearothK posted:

Ben's tummy ache is most certainly stress at this point, or a reaction to alien food. Time for them to declare themselves mighty wizards.

:) - I am going to cast a spell on you all!
:stonk: - You can't do that! They shut off your magic!
:) - Fools they never shut off my magic! I cast a spell to make you think they did! That never happened!
:stonk: - :stare:
:) - That never happened and neither did your birth! I had you under a spell to make you think you existed the whole time. :smugbert:
:stonk: - But that can't be...thats impossible!
:) - Oh yeah? Do you even remember being born?
:stonk: - :staredog: No...I don't. Oh god! I don't exist!
:) - And neither does the rest of your species!
:stonk: - :psyboom:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Cat Mattress posted:

Here's the real Plume.

Great! Now how are they going to off him? Complete accident or self-defense?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Twitch posted:

This, but somehow it's going to involve real Plume, real fake Plume, and fake fake Plume in a comedy of errors/Mexican standoff.

After three panels of them pointing guns at each other, with one gun having blanks, and discussing how they're going to find out which gun is harmless.
Fake fake Plume is actually Jymre .

scarycave fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 5, 2012

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
He was probably trained in tickle torture! :gonk:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Started reading up on Hit-men again after a long hiatus, It started at the panel before Passion,Lies,and Fungus so yeah, Passion,Lies,and Fungus.
Couldn't stop reading, did the whole thing in one sitting, and it was amazing.
He's really got a good grip on these "things spiraling out of control" jokes.

Must have been a pain though for people who read his stuff weekly...

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
There's a slight chance they're going to make it off the planet before Plume comes back.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Just read through the invisible castle bit and I'm a bit worried about Annete...it might be because I haven't read it in so long but she seems a wee teeny weensy little itty bit blood thirsty. The end bit looks like it was Robo-Cop's day to do paper work at the office.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Dec 8, 2012

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
This thread is finally golden.
Also, I'm starting to feel bad for these guys. There whole evolution is based on making lies real. They even have to kill themselves if somebody wearing a silly hat says they are going die to protect their families.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
That ropes getting cut one way or another and the wizard of the Labyrinth is going to be super pissed, possibly setting off a chain of events where the wizard will start magicking everyone and start a big magic fight that causes the entire race to get messed up completely, Real-Plume is then totally going to get blamed for it.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Cat Mattress posted:

"I will revive your nephew! Resurrectix!" Now they'll hallucinate that the nephew is still alive, like an imaginary friend. Problem solved, in a :smith: way.

That's the most depressing thing I've ever heard. They probably do that if their kids pet died - if they have kids, or pets.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

ZearothK posted:

Dunkirk's survival instinct sure hasn't failed him yet. I mean, apart from picking this line of work.

Dunkirk is a magnificent bastard.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
:staredog:
Somethings definitely going on with Dunkirk. You don't think he's the Jyrme of this comic? The weird alien guy with some secret elaborate agenda?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
:staredog: I just noticed something...

scarycave fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 12, 2013

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

ZearothK posted:

That was a surprisingly clean get away they just did there.

This is way to easy. It's only a matter of time before Dunkirk tries to off Not-Plume to get "one more problem" out of the way.

BiggerJ posted:

LEAVE NO WITNESSES.

He's still looking right at us in every panel. :ohdear:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Sizone posted:

No, it's just Thorsby's drawing style. Hell, the rest of the characters are looking RIGHT AT US a fair amount of the time.

:ssh: That was the joke.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
New comics up, looks like Dunkirk and Not-Plume are already off to a good start on the new planet.
This has got to be a record for fastest bad luck on a planet ever.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Farmland Park posted:

I always thought it was something like they only got to know the planet they are about to go to at the last minute before they actually descend. Because of security/secrecy reasons, and due to Plume being an awesome expert on every alien species.

There was that one planet where the old people were jerks, where Plume got paired up with the chick. She wasn't briefed at all and expected Not-Plume to know everything so that's a pretty safe bet.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I want to know where they got those clothes from. Those little baby hands don't seem to useful for crafting of any kind.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

BiggerJ posted:

I've noticed that their eyes change color, possibly in relation to emotion. We just need to figure out which means what.

Those hands look about the size as Not-Plume's and Dunkirk's.

Compared to the size of their arms though, but yeah your probably right.
Still, I just get this feeling that most of the stuff on this planet was made by slaves or claimed as property.
Think about it though, we had a few preachers (who turned to a life of crime) come to planets - probably without any ID at all,
If that's a common occurrence then imagine how easy it is for them to get slaves.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 19, 2013

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Eeevil posted:

Actually, there have been different guns for every type of appendage so far. Here's all the ones I found with a quick search:

edit: Huugian guns aren't really significantly different from the ones the spies use, but I thought it was interesting that they have a slightly different design.

That's what I like about this comic. The little details. :allears:
Well as far as weapons go - nothing beats that one alien who used weaponized Embryos as grappling hooks/murder machines.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
These guys are hard-core. They didn't even use the mesmetron. Their so completely casual about the whole enslaving thing, hope we get a biology update soon about these guys.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

vyelkin posted:

The little touches in this most recent comic are great.

The way I read it, the audience machine tells her what her audience is like, and it has surmised that Not-Plume and Dunkirk are young with only a basic education. But more than that, the two colours of lights next to the labels tell us that (since Power is red and the machine is definitely on, we can assume that the other red lights are things the audience machine has detected from the joke) apparently her joke was not only about news gathering and topical humour, but also somehow involved racism, fatal disease, recent disasters, and animal cruelty. I wonder how that all fit in there.

It could be scanning the environment as well as the people in the room...
The only thing that would give - "Animal cruelty" would be on the wall where there's a guy ripping a worm in half on the wall.
We don't know about any recent disasters (on this planet).
This chick is certainly racist.
The joke was so bad that she needs to be quarantined?

Or that the joke was just so bad that it's considered a crime against nature and the machine is being ironic.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Sizone posted:

Theory: They will inadvertently make all 3 wives hate one another and escape in the chaos.

Theory: It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
This wife needs to work on her movie titles.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
"A story of two ugly old people falling in love seems less important because the audience would not want to have sex with these characters."

"A horror movie about old people getting killed would be less scary."

:allears:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
The best thing about the aliens in this comic is that they all seem to be some kind of social commentery. Done in the most hilarious and interesting way possible. :allears:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

my dad posted:

I'm interested in seeing if it's a one-way transformation or if it can be reversed.

It's all guys killing guys on those paintings and statues, right? We know that the wives hate each-other. If they all become male, this could likely end in a bloodbath.

I wouldn't be surprised if the husband ends up turning into a chick - maybe its like their testosterone is connected to their confidence?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
His arms and foot detached to escape the death-ray. :allears:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Sometimes I like to think this is like a bad soap-opera where the characters can't stop looking at the camera. :allears:
I'm honestly not sure what Dunkirk is going to do. Part of me is divided at "He was quick to off Plume so he's all about self-preservation and will do what will most likely ensure his survival" or he's going to kill the Koala guy or end up helping them escape.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Sizone posted:

Mastery of the body, shifting internal organs to avoid the spear, control of breath and heartbeat to appear dead, BEING A WIZARD.

He could have cast a DoNotDieiX Spell. :ohdear:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Wonder if they're going to end up fighting Dunkirk now. He's like the only guy around besides the Koala now.
I don't know if its just me, but I love when the guys that the heroes are working for turn out to be just as bad as the people that tried to kill/enslave them on the other planets. The real reason for war is ensuring survival of ones race over another's.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
"He will likely collapse to the grown" :ohdear:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Buzkashi posted:

Maybe some of the goods that the lunnhui trade between houses include genetic material

That sounds really gross. Your supposed to wash your hands afterwards for a reason. :ohdear:
There's definitely got to be some inbreeding going on. Also nice to see a race destroy itself over being to sympathetic.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jun 13, 2013

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Someones going to get nuked by the end of this...

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Did not see that coming. No.
At least they seem pretty reasonable (or at least this one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

ChairMaster posted:

They may have chosen the wrong side in this conflict to try to convince.

Chances are the other side would have been completely offended as well.
Whose to say that Athena stating the theory is going to be what starts the war by getting this guy worked up about his wife count,
and then it turns out Petrevolt let Athena and Not-Plume escape for that same reason. :tinfoil:

• Locked thread