Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
remix 2 owns pretty hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

japtor posted:

The hell with remotes and pro controllers and all that crap:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Az_2FSVrcuM

holy poo poo that looks like the hardest thing ever

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TUS posted:

I haven't owned a Nintendo system since Super Nintendo until today. I bought me a Wii U and am pretty stoked. I played like 10 minutes of Mario Kart a week or so ago and fell in love with it and got that and Wonderful 101 with the Wind Waker HD bundle. Not really sure what other games are mandatory until Smash Bros, but Im open to suggestions.

Get Remix 2 if you were a fan of good NES games. Remix 1 is good too, but 2 is way better.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

homeless snail posted:

How much you like NES Remix 1 totally depends on how much you played of the first run black box games. If you don't have any nostalgia for Baseball or Ice Climber or Pinball or Wrecking Crew its a way harder sell. Its easy to say Remix 2 is better because it has SMB3 and Kirby but as an overall package it appeals a lot less to me personally.

So you should just give Nintendo all your money and buy them both.

Were you born in the 70s? I find it hard to believe someone feels this way about nintendo games unless they sort of grew out of games during the lifespan of the system. I had most of the remix 1 games growing up, as well as most of the games from remix 2, and I really have very little nostalgia when it comes to games like Golf, Baseball, or Pinball. Wrecking crew was one of my favorite games though, and I played the poo poo out of my DK/DKjr combo cartridge.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Bases Loaded was way better than Baseball

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

kalonZombie posted:

Leagues better than Mario 64, for sure. Not as good as the Galaxy games, but honestly the Galaxy games are so close to perfection.

I was just replacing my old copy of Galaxy, and decided to read the reviews on amazon. They are mostly positive obviously, but some of the 1 star ratings really made me sad that some people have no idea what a good game actually is

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Fremry posted:

You can use your Club Nintendo points to download Super Mario Brothers 2 or Kid Icarus to put yourself the edge.

I just did that with SMB2 to get there

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Dramicus posted:

What are the chances of Pikmen going on sale any time soon? I'm wondering whether to use my free money on it as a sort of discount, or whether to just pick something else up for free.

Oh nevermind

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kaubocks posted:

Kinda feel like buying a new WiiU game. Leaning towards Super Mario 3D World, downloading the W101 demo in a last ditch effort to make myself interested in that game. Any other games work well in short bursts running typically off the gamepad only?

NES Remix 1 + 2

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Narcissus1916 posted:

And I grew up with the SNES one, so I really don't want to play the NES originals.

lol :rolleyes:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Zack_Gochuck posted:

Yeah, I mean, it's not my favourite Mario game, but calling it a bad game is a bit of a stretch. You know what, though? PS1 outsold Nintendo 64 almost 3-1, so he wasn't the only one who felt like that, evidently.

Yes, because Playstation Outselling N64 has everything to do with gamers hating Mario 64

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
anyone who believed there was a gamecube game just randomly made available on the e-shop are dumb

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's not unprecedented, eShop in both europe and japan put a Nintendo DS game in the eShop without any fanfare

Nintendo 64 and DS games are expected to come out for virtual console in the near future. I have heard nothing about Gamecube, and would expect it would be a pretty big deal when they do become available, as they haven't been available in digital format previously, whereas N64 and DS are both available on other platforms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jsor posted:

I didn't finish it due to real life, but I do remember issues with the day length breaking up pacing on completing "big" objectives like bosses. A lot of times I had issues beating bosses AND getting the corpse back before time ran out. When I restarted I didn't have the issue the second time, but weird breaks in pacing might be expected on your first time.

you can stop fighting the boss and come back the next day and he will still be at the same life, and the body stays there if you don't bring it back that day

but yeah, the limited time does sort of suck

• Locked thread