Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
As far as console launches go.... That's fairly badass. Not many in the way of outright exclusives, but still, leagues better than the 3ds or Vita, or even what I can remember of the Wii,Ps3 or 360.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

Boy I hope that Miiverse stuff heads to the 3DS soon in some capacity!

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

Picked up a WiiU earlier in the week. Miiverse being the deciding factor. It's so stupid and dumb and fascinating.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/17/pokemon-rumble-u-launches-in-north-america-this-august/ Looks like Pokemon Rumble U will come out stateside at the end of August. Each figure will cost $4 and the game will be $18.

What exactly do the digures do? Isn't the core of the game that you're collecting alot of those pokemon-toys by the truckload?

Also I guess this game sells, but holy poo poo, it's incredibly boring. Even at 18$ it sounds like way too much of a stretch.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

Crowbear posted:

That Ittle Dew game that's coming to the eShop later this year just released on PC and Giant Bomb have a Quick Look up if you want an idea of what to expect.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-ittle-dew/2300-7697/

e: Spoiler: It has a real nice art style and plays like a 2D Zelda.

With this and the D&D Game (Among others), what takes the devs so long to get this stuff out? Is the WiiU really that much of a hassle to work on?

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

Quest For Glory II posted:

Didn't you hear? Nintendo's going ALL OUT with advertising and promotion now. Here comes their big second-half advertising push! Here it comes!

It's coming!

Is it weird they released a crazy hyped up trailer for a game they just... put out on the same day? (The Answer is Yes.)

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

If I cash in for those Club Nintendo Wii VC Games, can I play them on the Gamepad? Didn't the update allow Wii gameplay from the gamepad?

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

univbee posted:

You can use the screen but not the controls, which will require a Wii Remote and a classic controller.

Ugh, that's what I was afraid of. Oh well!

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

So the Wii Fit Meter is out, but why is it impossible to find? I've checked most stores online and off, and I've got nothing. I suppose I need to wait until the actual physical release date?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

davey4283 posted:

I've got 10 bucks eshop credit and I'm totally torn.

On one hand I really like old school RPGs and would like to try out Earthbound. I just finished ff2 on snes for the first time and loved it. The only problem is I usually only play rpgs once through.

On the other hand I could grab Doctor Mario and Mario 3 and play those over and over again.

First world problems.

Earthbound has a real charm to it that really should be experienced, if you haven't before.

• Locked thread