Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Enzer posted:

Wolfram comes off as kind of humble and this is his first time doing this from what I can tell. So lack of experience would point towards a lot of the hiccups so far.

Also the Google trends image someone posted up thread is an indicator to me just how huge of an explosion this was suddenly.

If I would hazard a guess, a lot of the people who know about this game only just recently found out about it because of things like the Yogscast and what not getting closed Alpha access. I mean, he didn't even have a website until just recently. :v:

But yeah, as others are saying, I'd rather let him get it fixed now then have the store crash again an hour after restart. Gives me more time to convince others to get this game. :shobon:
Man, this guy is gonna make like, a bazillion dollars once he works out the payment options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Orv posted:

For those interested it seems they're posting more in-depth info about game systems while they fix things.

Mission structure/systems and warrior skills.
Even though that was posted June 22nd, look at how many comments it has.

30,701 comments.
:stare:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Ever since I saw the preview video for this game, I just wanted access to that beautiful map screen, especially as it starts generating new lands on the fly.

That's worth some of the price for me right off the bat.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I'm guessing some goon will start a thread in Private Game Servers for Cube World, right?

It'll be nice if there are a few main servers to stop in on every so often like Minecraft (unless this works a little differently?).

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Anyone who finds this game too hard should REALLY try out a Ninja (Rogue class).

It's what I'd expect a single player experience to be because you can definitely take down 3 orange mobs no sweat.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I leveled up to around 5 to unlock the hang glider. Pretty fun and you have to balance whether to tap the space bar to stay high (and spend stamina) or glide for a bit.

I'm really hoping for more teleportation options in the future. At least a "Warp to Town" fast travel option would be nice, or more portal stones that are marked on the map. I wasn't able to find one yet when wandering around.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

sct posted:

We traveled... pretty far last night. (Upwards of 8+ hours of straight travel and exploration)

We didn't find a single stone that entire way and that's with us actually actively keeping an eye out for them. The spawn rate of those is going to have to be heavily tweaked. And yeah, there should be a town to town teleport option as well.

Here is the distance we went last night:

I'd say that similar to Skyrim/Fallout or other modern massive open-world games, you should be able to instantly fast travel to any point you've already visited. Maybe link it to the respawn statues and have them dotted on the map.

That would really encourage more exploration because you wouldn't be worried that you're going too far away from the towns. It's a headache making your way back at the moment.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Trove came out today apparently. It's a free-to-play Cube World/Minecraft looking MMO thingie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKxvzIw3bgU

Still no Cube World development, of course.

EDIT: Haha, this thread updates so slowly that I forgot people had mentioned this game a few times in the past. Well, it came out of beta, so I guess that's new information.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 9, 2015

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

im a girl btw posted:

I spoke to Wollay and he's going to post in this thread next Tuesday.
So did my uncle who works at Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

This feels like Bob's Game where the dev would post about working on the game, disappear for a few years, pop back up with more screens/video of the game, go insane, disappear again, pop back up... etc...

• Locked thread