Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I found the footstep sound a bit grating over the 4 hours I played yesterday, especially once you have a pet.

TShields posted:

Am I doing something wrong, or is it okay to be level 1 for like an hour? This game is in serious need of some XP balancing. Everything I murder is like 1-2 XP, and I've been wiped off the face of the planet a half dozen times by wandering wizard swarms. This game is fun though, wish I had someone to play with.

The first level or two are pretty tedious, It took me about that long to get to level 2 as well. After you get your second class skill you are suddenly able to wreck shop and stop worrying as much about enemy color unless they are red or a wizard.

Jinh fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sct
Mar 15, 2006

I don't want to go.

UglyDucklett posted:

I found the footstep sound a bit grating over the 4 hours I played yesterday, especially once you have a pet.

Oh man its terrible with a large group of people. I had to lower the game sound and play my own music to really get over it.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Even when it's just me alone with my pet I have to play some music, game is just too quiet to have such a sharp footstep sound.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
I've decided the sounds are just a troll. Every sound effect is awful.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Who else has tried to cross an ocean without a boat? That splash sound haunts me.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
:siren:The server crash:siren:

Caused by Scout's swiftness ability. Do not use this ability on an MP server. Don't!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
This game seems to be custom made to play music/podcasts over it. I'm not sure how you'd stay sane with just the sound effects. Maybe if one day they get some awesome procedurally generated natural soundscapes, but I won't hold my breath. Sound is usually neglected in projects like these and reasonably too because it's hard as gently caress and expensive to get right.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Gerdalti posted:

Caused by Scout's swiftness ability. Do not use this ability on an MP server. Don't!

See I thought exactly the same yesterday. Every server I went on seemed to crash when I used the skill but it turned out to be coincidence. But I've been using the skill again today and no crashes at all on any server I've been on because of it.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Vitamins posted:

See I thought exactly the same yesterday. Every server I went on seemed to crash when I used the skill but it turned out to be coincidence. But I've been using the skill again today and no crashes at all on any server I've been on because of it.

Just tested it on my server a few times (much to the dismay of the people on it) and it crashed every time.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Gerdalti posted:

Just tested it on my server a few times (much to the dismay of the people on it) and it crashed every time.

Hmm that's weird. I'll not use it when on your server anyways!

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
Well, the Picroma site is back up, but the patcher is still returning "Download failed" when trying to update Cube.exe, instead of just "unable to contact update server". :(

Gerdalti posted:

Caused by other things too at a minimum since it's crashed when the host has left a server containing him (a mage) and me (a rogue). :shobon:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This game just does not want me to buy it. Stores down, then the register page is down, now I finally am registered but the store page isn't loading :argh:

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Heh cool, you can doublejump if you dodge and jump at the same time and then jump again in mid air.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This game just does not want me to buy it. Stores down, then the register page is down, now I finally am registered but the store page isn't loading :argh:

Yeah, seriously. Between the store and registration pages being perpetually down, the $20 for the discounted alpha price(Minecraft is only like $5 more for the "finished" version, that price comparison is going to hurt sales a lot once the initial sales rush is done IMO) and the terrible sounding starting experience I'm probably gonna wait a while to hop on this.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Can't wait for programs that will render the area you have discovered. Some of these areas are pretty drat cool and I want to see the whole deal at once!

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

Does Hamachi make MP laggier than it would be if you just connected directly? I tried playing with a friend last night (he had a blue icon that said "relayed tunnel" if that makes a difference) but there was about a second of lag when I picked things up, which meant he got pretty much all the loot.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Is there a way to tame the bosses that appear in the world, or do their special abilities/size revert when you tame them?

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

The Crooked Warden posted:

Is there a way to tame the bosses that appear in the world, or do their special abilities/size revert when you tame them?

From what I heard they just turn into a normal sized cat or whatever. :(

Orv
May 4, 2011

maketakunai posted:

From what I heard they just turn into a normal sized cat or whatever. :(

They keep the boss charge explosion though!

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Orv posted:

They keep the boss charge explosion though!
What, they still dash and destroy terrain?

Orv
May 4, 2011
No the extra large mage staff effect that slowly charges and explodes.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Did the update server fall over?

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Orv posted:

No the extra large mage staff effect that slowly charges and explodes.
Oh. What the hell does that even do? All I've noticed is that it's a giant window for me (a rogue) to charge up my mana and unleash a full power special attack to knock them over.

AlmightyBob posted:

Did the update server fall over?
Yup. It's been up and down all day at various states of functionality, but I haven't been able to patch for at least five hours. An inconvenient time for the cursor.plx bug :argh:

It's 11:30pm in Germany right now so I'm not sure he's going to even get it back up before he goes to sleep :ohdear:

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 5, 2013

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Holy gently caress. If you guys have a water mage in your team please, please make it easier on their souls by unequipping your lovely pets. It is an absolutely nightmare playing a healer at times.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Well, the registration page just 404d. Looks like I'll have to stop F5ing for a while!

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Having just played with a bunch of goons on the CTS mumble, this game is the tits on co-op. Just roaming around shooting poo poo and demolishing bosses :clint:

Edit:

:smug:

Lugaloco fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 5, 2013

Orv
May 4, 2011

maketakunai posted:

Oh. What the hell does that even do? All I've noticed is that it's a giant window for me (a rogue) to charge up my mana and unleash a full power special attack to knock them over.

It eventually does the same effects as the Fire Mage's first spell, knockdown/back and damage. I'm not sure it's working on bosses proper though, that or they always cancel it to run after me or I knock them down. :shrug:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

I've still got that lovely starter lamp. Screw you and your gold star lamp. :(

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Lugaloco posted:

Having just played with a bunch of goons on the CTS mumble,
Oh yeah, I mentioned it in IRC, but I made six Cube World channels for use on the Camping the Stairs Mumble server. A lot more fun when you can actually talk :)

aaaaaaaaaaa heal meeeeeeeee

nutranurse posted:

Seed "209222", starter town general store.

superv0zz
Jun 24, 2006

Touch it.

nutranurse posted:

I got this lamp in my starting city using seed 062011 (instead of 209222).

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I leveled up to around 5 to unlock the hang glider. Pretty fun and you have to balance whether to tap the space bar to stay high (and spend stamina) or glide for a bit.

I'm really hoping for more teleportation options in the future. At least a "Warp to Town" fast travel option would be nice, or more portal stones that are marked on the map. I wasn't able to find one yet when wandering around.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

maketakunai posted:

Oh yeah, I mentioned it in IRC, but I made six Cube World channels for use on the Camping the Stairs Mumble server. A lot more fun when you can actually talk :)

aaaaaaaaaaa heal meeeeeeeee

Seed "209222", starter town general store.

And for those of you that refuse to write things down: you can get a 3 star lamp in the first town if you use the seed "BOOBS" (80085) That should be easy enough to remember.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

JazzFlight posted:

I'm really hoping for more teleportation options in the future. At least a "Warp to Town" fast travel option would be nice, or more portal stones that are marked on the map. I wasn't able to find one yet when wandering around.

I hope in the future the game lets incoming players join where other players are, at the very least. It was somewhat hilarious to have players join our server and ask us where we were and all we could tell them was to journey west until they got to the next region. :v:

Also, I've never seen portal stones. Hopefully they'll help alleviate the cross-region headaches.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
This game needs some UI work. It's a goddamn crime that I can't cycle through healing items while running.

sct
Mar 15, 2006

I don't want to go.

JazzFlight posted:

I leveled up to around 5 to unlock the hang glider. Pretty fun and you have to balance whether to tap the space bar to stay high (and spend stamina) or glide for a bit.

We traveled... pretty far last night. (Upwards of 8+ hours of straight travel and exploration)

We didn't find a single stone that entire way and that's with us actually actively keeping an eye out for them. The spawn rate of those is going to have to be heavily tweaked. And yeah, there should be a town to town teleport option as well.

Here is the distance we went last night:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

This game needs some UI work. It's a goddamn crime that I can't cycle through healing items while running.

It's also a goddamned crime that I can't cycle through status-bars so I can see everyone's health. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE DYING, OH GOD YOU'RE NOT EVEN ON MY SCREEN. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Being a healer is stressful, guys.

edit: There was a boss on the goon-server who spawns bizarro-clones of your characters (they look the same, but have the sub-class swapped) and this made it a huge problem for me when I was healing.

LUGALOCO, WHY ARE YOU ATTACKING ME? WAIT WHAT. YOU'RE DYING. WHAT IS GOING ON. 'Press 'r' to Revive'.

sct
Mar 15, 2006

I don't want to go.

nutranurse posted:

It's also a goddamned crime that I can't cycle through status-bars so I can see everyone's health. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE DYING, OH GOD YOU'RE NOT EVEN ON MY SCREEN. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Being a healer is stressful, guys.

I think you can press V to toggle everyones health bars on at all times. It's something like that. You can double check the keybind in the help menu (F1)

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

sct posted:

We traveled... pretty far last night. (Upwards of 8+ hours of straight travel and exploration)

We didn't find a single stone that entire way and that's with us actually actively keeping an eye out for them. The spawn rate of those is going to have to be heavily tweaked. And yeah, there should be a town to town teleport option as well.

Here is the distance we went last night:

I'd say that similar to Skyrim/Fallout or other modern massive open-world games, you should be able to instantly fast travel to any point you've already visited. Maybe link it to the respawn statues and have them dotted on the map.

That would really encourage more exploration because you wouldn't be worried that you're going too far away from the towns. It's a headache making your way back at the moment.

sct
Mar 15, 2006

I don't want to go.

JazzFlight posted:

I'd say that similar to Skyrim/Fallout or other modern massive open-world games, you should be able to instantly fast travel to any point you've already visited. Maybe link it to the respawn statues and have them dotted on the map.

That would really encourage more exploration because you wouldn't be worried that you're going too far away from the towns. It's a headache making your way back at the moment.

Yep. It should also be saved to the map itself, not the player. That way when someone new joins they can port to any place that has been already discovered in that world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Oh the number of times I have died because I left my healing food item selected after I moved onto the next dungeon area. It is doable if you can round a corner, but man does it suck to hit the button and see your Frogman sit on his rear end and pull out a muffin in the middle of a vampire attack.

nutranurse posted:

Press ctrl to cancel the animation!

Or you can dodge out of it too, it's more a case of realizing I don't have a potion there when I need it. The muffin animation just makes it entertaining.

Underwhelmed fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 5, 2013

• Locked thread