Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

LesterGroans posted:

Big Grande has a live Teacher's Lounge for sale on their site. I'm only halfway through it and Bill Cravy's bit is making me cry laughing, so I think it's worth it.

They’re going to be doing shows in Atlanta at the improv theater I know people at…while I’m out of town. It’s killing me inside to have to miss that but maybe the live Teacher’s Lounge will help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Bang and Andy Daly on This book changed my life were excellent.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
super excited to get another podcast for a sport i will never watch (genuine)

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Looks like improv4humans is leaving Earwolf. I haven't listened in a long time, but I wish Matt well.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I subscribed. I really like when he does more narrative projects like My Dead Wife the Robot Car or Estates of Perfection. Hopefully this frees him up to experiment a bit more with those kinds of projects. Hoping it's not just a place for him to just do more Professor Bessor/Case Closed kinda stuff

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

Hoping it's not just a place for him to just do more Professor Bessor/Case Closed kinda stuff
I idolize Besser...but I had to stop doing the Professor Besser patreon, it was pretty phoned in. But ya, I'm signing up too, I'm excited for his scifi+music podcasts.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It seems crazy to me how many people in the wider earwolf podcasting circles seem to trash ucb and besser still gets the guests he does.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

He's bad with management but I get the feeling he's still seen as the heir apparent to Del Close as an acerbic, opinionated, but nonetheless masterful guru of improv.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
He's very bad at stand up as well

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Michael Jordan sucked at baseball.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Fezz posted:

Looks like improv4humans is leaving Earwolf. I haven't listened in a long time, but I wish Matt well.

There was a recent episode with Lisa Gilroy that was definitely worth listening to.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Brett posted a bunch about the i4h move on Reddit - https://reddit.com/r/Earwolf/s/gkpRQPgida

Big Grande confirmed their episodes will still be coming to their site in time

https://twitter.com/biggrandetweets/status/1697280530817905131

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
My dad disowned me for having ridiculous voice

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
My father was a Primp.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

If the I4H scene breakdown is interesting, I remember years ago when you had Besser, Roberts, Walsh live eps where part of it was talking about how to perform and how improv works, that was always interesting to me. Maybe that just happened once (or was a way to sell the UCB book)

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

GoutPatrol posted:

If the I4H scene breakdown is interesting, I remember years ago when you had Besser, Roberts, Walsh live eps where part of it was talking about how to perform and how improv works, that was always interesting to me. Maybe that just happened once (or was a way to sell the UCB book)

That was a really fun episode. If you have the ASSSSCAT dvd (and I kinda want to say this is on YouTube too?), there’s a commentary track where they do break down the scenes. I distinctly remember Ian criticizing his choices in scenes that for sure work, but it was a really cool thing to hear someone teach by critiquing themselves.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm really enjoying the extended Randy snutz universe of assorted weirdos and scumbags.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The Boys absolutely destroyed Drew Barrymore's typo-riddled message about restarting production of her show on this week's Pro Version. I wish they had a celeb apology like that to eviscerate every week.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

The Boys absolutely destroyed Drew Barrymore's typo-riddled message about restarting production of her show on this week's Pro Version. I wish they had a celeb apology like that to eviscerate every week.

Truly one for the ages. I was like "why did they tag when this was recorded at the start?". Was some of my favorite "type" of HH jokes, just saying the something over and over in different, stupid intonations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Lol that Earwolf is airing ads on Forever Dog shows.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The wolf dead

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

“I just came up with a new character. Psy Abelman. “

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Consummate Professional posted:

“I just came up with a new character. Psy Abelman. “

Lmao

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Threedom is going on hiatus?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

Threedom is going on hiatus?

They do that show in "seasons," it's just that season 5 has been going since November 2022. Last time they took a break, it was just for a couple months.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Well that is good to now, Threedom is one of my favorites.

Also, Born to Run is so loving good and it really fits the Scott's song analysis style.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

The Threevisiting reruns they’ve been doing is pretty much how they handled the breaks between seasons so not much is really changing, and I don’t think the break was even that long.

I’ve been looking forward to the Born to Run Springsteen episode, but I have to wait to listen on the weekend when I’m not encumbered with work

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Neighborhood Listen is coming to CBB world! Oh and some other stuff too, but who cares, more Neighborhood Listen!!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I love Womp It Up

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Later Wompler CBB appearances became annoying because it was just rehashing plot/old jokes endlessly, but Womp It Up was so good. They assumed if you were listening to the Wompler podcast, you knew the score, and they just went for it.

Though it was funny how Listler's Love Lockdown went from "People sending in jokey questions about dating" to "People writing in with insane stories of personal tragedy, seeking genuine advice from two people pretending to be a Grimace-shaped teenage(?) girl and an ex-sniper"

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Ronna and Beverly forever

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I'm glad a bunch of stuff that was trapped on stitcher premium is finding a new home, and I hope more of it ends up following.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I hope there’s some future Womp It Up coming too, it feels like ages. I also know I shouldn’t laugh when they use that name for the Stars program, but I can’t help it.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

Though it was funny how Listler's Love Lockdown went from "People sending in jokey questions about dating" to "People writing in with insane stories of personal tragedy, seeking genuine advice from two people pretending to be a Grimace-shaped teenage(?) girl and an ex-sniper"

There’s an episode where Jon Gabrus is on and drops some actually incredible advice that has stuck with me.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

I hope there’s some future Womp It Up coming too, it feels like ages. I also know I shouldn’t laugh when they use that name for the Stars program, but I can’t help it.

Yea, been too long, I'd even just love to get Lennon Parham back on CBB sometime doing some other random character occassionally.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Consummate Professional posted:

There’s an episode where Jon Gabrus is on and drops some actually incredible advice that has stuck with me.

Smoke weed everyday?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

GoutPatrol posted:

Smoke weed everyday?

Smoke weed every day, watch ‘80s action films, abortion is health care. Wisdom.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Joe Pera on Hollywood Handbook. Booyah.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I've been really enjoying Subtitles On, Sean's little shingle on The Flagrant Ones that's about writing and movies. I know Hollywood Handbook pokes fun at this stuff, but hearing about the actual craft and process is really interesting, and Sean is really smart about his analysis on the selected films.

Just heard the Aukerman and Diston ep on Studio 60 and it was fascinating hearing about the industry and profession from guys I am mostly familiar with as performers. I think this is also the most earnest/least antagonistic interaction I've ever heard between Sean and Scott :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

moot the hopple posted:

I've been really enjoying Subtitles On, Sean's little shingle on The Flagrant Ones that's about writing and movies. I know Hollywood Handbook pokes fun at this stuff, but hearing about the actual craft and process is really interesting, and Sean is really smart about his analysis on the selected films.

Just heard the Aukerman and Diston ep on Studio 60 and it was fascinating hearing about the industry and profession from guys I am mostly familiar with as performers. I think this is also the most earnest/least antagonistic interaction I've ever heard between Sean and Scott :lol:

There's a big hole in my week now that it's on indefinite pause.......and Footballz (while still a weekly listen) just isn't up to quality without Sean and Hayes.