Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

They should have Gelman write and record all of the ads for every Earwolf show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Holy crap, Matt Walsh, Seth Morris and Brian Huskey on this week's I4H. This is gonna be great.

Do you mind if I smoke pot in this thread, since it's not addictive?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

Racism; nobody wins

Just like Bestiality.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

I'm glad Scott retires most of the repetitive jokes right before I can't stand them anymore. The only one that really went on way, way too long was his inability to say the show's name - I just never felt like it had a point. Though I do wish he'd bring back asking how much his guests make, it makes everyone so uncomfortable in the best possible way.

"What number are you on the call sheet?" is quickly becoming the new "How much do you make before taxes?"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Well, beyond that, the app is just not very good. I'm subscribed to Howl, but just like feedmyleg, I stopped using the app after I went through the Exclusive Content they had at launch. I can only speak for the Android app, but it has no mini-player for the pulldown menu, it has no progressive play feature, and I don't think I was able to use it once without it crashing. As far as podcasting apps go, it's capable of the bare minimum, and even that it doesn't do so well.

Which sucks, because I really enjoyed the Mini-Series idea and thought it would lead to more stuff like the ADPPP.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

Are we referring to the "What is its mission?!" bit?

Overall it was a pretty mediocre episode, but this moment might be my single favorite thing from any podcast ever. I just picture the scene of Paul being so excited to have this stupid toy and June glaring at it with pure trepidation.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Tarranon posted:

has 'how did this get made' ever had any incisive commentary? i listened to a few episodes and it's mostly them being generally ignorant about anything specific to the movie half the time, and then wondering whether it's offensive/racist the other half, and then just sort of lolling at how bad/campy the movie is on the other half

i love paul scheer but it's exhausting

Deep Blue Sea has a nice balance because Evan Goldberg unabashedly loves the movie and Paul F Tompkins cannot accept that.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

That is funnier, but I hadn't noticed her doing that recently. Although every episode of anything with her is so full of references to that era, it very possibly could have slipped by me. One ep of her show I really like was the Neil Casey one, where his character was similar to Listler's and could contend with her in-universe "capabilities."

I couldn't really get into Womp It Up! because I've grown really tired of the Womplerverse canon, but that episode was great because Neil Casey's character fit in perfectly with the universe and you really didn't need any background info for it to be enjoyable.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

It's weird how podcast ad breaks are longer than the ones on TV now

I think I would actually die without the ability to fast forward

"Hey guys, do you have a small bus-""Squarespace lets you-""-.com and enter offer code-""Hey guys, do you like snack-"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I love them and liked the episode a lot but I was thinking that they seem to go against some of the improv rules Besser talks about sometimes (like the top of your intelligence thing) idk anything about improv though so maybe not and they're funny so I guess I don't care

scary ghost dog posted:

rules exist to be broken

I think that when Besser has like a random assortment of comedians on, he tends to step into his teacher role a little more and is more prone toward guiding the scenes where he thinks they should go. But when Wild Horses or another team that he knows works well together is on, he tends to sit back a little more and just act as another improviser.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Tarranon posted:

Don't forget all the wtf you can handle

He likes cats! Even tho he's a guy!!

To be fair, I think that like 80% of people who listen to WTF skip past the opening rant/ads and go straight to the interviews, which do tend to be pretty good.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Great I4H this week. Gemberlong and Atamanuik always bring it.

I love that they both started rattling off 9/11 facts immediately after the scene was over hahahaha

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

Hey Abbot and Costello. Let's just take the day off fellahs. We don't have it today...

This is one of my favorite jokes of all time. The first time I heard it I lost my breath laughing so hard.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I'm just glad that they happened to still be doing video podcasts when Improv4Humans did the bestiality debate episode because Lapkus's facial expressions at everything Gemberling said were priceless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Tavarin posted:

This week's episode of the Podcast Pilot Project is great and could probably be a fun ongoing concept

It felt like an 80 minute Superego sketch and I mean that in the best way possible (how could it even be taken in a negative way)