Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

they will be blackballed and never work in this town again.

I hear there are other towns to work in where they pay you for your labor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Politicalrancor posted:

Has anyone ever got through a full episode The Apple Sisters? It's loving terrible.

I listened to one episode because I'll listen to anything Paul F. Tompkins is on. What's that, he's on more than one episode? I'll listen to almost anything Paul F. Tompkins is on.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Joss Whedon does standup?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Seems like kind of a waste since Scott could like Phish at any point and the show will be over.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

A religious discussion show called "Analyze ><>"?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Max22 posted:

Unfortunately, someone was complaining about "Fortunately, Unfortunately" last week.

Fortunately, the game is always a hilarious disaster and they're gonna keep doing it for a long time to come.

Unfortunately, the heat death of the universe will render everything that ever happens ultimately meaningless. There. Now it's done.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

docevil :arghfist::mad:

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Eltoasto posted:

Also don't go to FYAD it is a terrible place.

How bad could it be, I don't even post there anymore.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Besson posted:

Woah woah woah. When did bing buy Earwolf ads? What a mindfuck. Some meta joke type poo poo right there.

For a couple weeks a few months back you couldn't listen to a podcast without hearing an ad for Bing, earwolf casts included, with the notable glaring exception of Comedy Bean Bag.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Mr. Squishy posted:

Do you really regularly listen to WC despite having a strong dislike for Howard?

I love Howard but not enough to make room for Who Charted on the regular. I dislike How Did This Get Made, but not enough to skip listening to Mantzoukas shouting about things being in-sane on a biweekly basis. I have a complex relationship with Earwolf podcasts.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

The_Rob posted:

All I'm sayin is that those guys bus me up and I usually laugh my whole butt off.

In general I prefer the sort of humor you get out of the U.C. Berkeley theatre.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

The Ape of Naples posted:

He was on Hollywood Handbook this week talking about the show so it's still coming out. He mentioned that Marc Maron is the first guest.

Everything you hear on Hollywood Handbook is 100% true.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

It's not episode #1, it's episode #001. I choose to believe he's planning to ride this train for hundreds of episodes.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

The Senator Giroux posted:

It speaks volumes for how fully realized Marissa Wompler is that knowing she'll be with Don makes me worried for her.

It makes me worried for Don.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Zsinjeh posted:

I'm so pumped Hollywood Handbook is Marvel canon, I can't wait for them to get Thor on

They're such nerds, you just know they're going to get into the hairy details of some classic Silver Age storylines.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Tacier posted:

The former pope sounds a lot like Andy Murray.

If he had anything to say about ice trolls I'd swear it was Bjork.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Help Im Alive posted:

But what happens when Hollywood Handbook gets cancelled? :smith:

Hollywood Handbook can't get canceled. If it ends it will be because Hayes and Sean have shared everything there is to know about kicking butt and dropping names in the red carpet lined back hallways of the industry they call showbiz, and all of us in the popcorn gallery have jobs making all of the movies and TV.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Zsinjeh posted:

The room being very hot has been the catalyst for some of the best shows they've ever had. It's vital to comedy!

Also if you exercise in a hot room you will lose weight. Climbing Mount Everest? Idiots!

The real workout when you climb Mt. Everest is all the bending over you do picking up your mother's thimble collection that you keep knocking down as you tell your parents The Story of Everest.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Beeez posted:

Oh don't worry, it's just them hinting that Hollywood Handbook will be cancelled if they don't start making some money from it. As a mostly-broke person, I'm concerned.

It probably costs a lot to book all the a-list Hollywood celebs they have on the show. Maybe they could save a little by switching to a format that focused on a lower tier of entertainment, like reality shows or something.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Groucho Marxist posted:

I think Scott has said that he wants to be personally involved with the editing but hasn't had the time with the tv show being shot right now.

Then he signed a deal to do 40 episodes in a year. I'm going to assume he did that for the sole reason of stalling the release of AP5.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Brock Samson posted:

He's not a people?

"Andy" isn't short for "Andrew." He is a literal comedy machine.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Zsinjeh posted:

The latest U2 podcast has the most dangerous amount of actually listening to, and talking about, U2. Thus far my least favorite because of this :smith:

I'm glad they finally got around to an episode of I Love Films after spending so much of the opening taking about films.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Scott posted:

The first episode you heard is us tearing through U2's discography, we did 3 albums and an EP on that one. We then slowed to a glacial pace. (Scott: "I'll say") Episode 2 covered one album. Episode 3 covered another album. Episode 4 covered another album. Episode 5 did not cover a single album.

When I started listening to U Talkin U2 to Me? literally all I knew about U2 was that Bono wears sunglasses and The Edge wears a toque. Now I know that there are 2 other guys in the band.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Guys stop quoting it or I'm just going to go listen to all the RSS episodes again AND I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT

What are you so busy with? Do you have 30 companies?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

tnimark posted:

This week's HH is one of the best they've done.

Jordan Morris is pretty good at podcasts.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

jakefogelnest posted:

The rumors about Barnacle Jim appearing on my podcast are not true. That's a hosed up rumor. Stop harassing me online.

They would have to be; Jim's is a face too long for podcasting.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

GraPar posted:

I love that an episode of You Talkin' U2 To Me, one of the dumbest, best podcasts ever, was the first thing recorded in the new Earwolf studios.

I'm concerned that it sounds like Scott and Scott have been discussing a format switch once they've covered every possible U2 related topic in exhaustive detail. Are these guys even going to be worth listening to when they aren't talking about U2?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Conduit for Sale! posted:

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. OBAMA DID 9/11.

umm, 9/11 was way too successful for anything that Barack Hussein Obamacare could be responsible for.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Mob posted:

How come when this guy does it you guys get mad but when those HH fellas talk about those loving FLYOVER STATES you hooples just guffaw and slap your knee? Get your double standards straightened out.

Hayes and Sean explain complicated Hollywood concepts that us dumb flyover hicks aren't smart enough to know because they're helpful guys. Jared Foglenest is just a meanie who shills for lovely footlongs.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

What's everyone in this thread going to spend their $100 Amazon giftcards on? I figure we're all going to win one, since nobody listens to Hollywood Handbook.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Drunkboxer posted:

The problem is PFTs podcast is already that basically.

The Pod F. Tompkast is mostly Paul's rambling musings over Eban Schletter's accompaniment. The character bits are a minor distraction. The real problem is that he needs to start doing them again already.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

GraPar posted:

I am dying for Adam Scott to do a comprehensive R.E.M. podcast.

R Ewe Mumbling REM Ere Me?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Explaining to Todd that he's the titular Glass at minute 124 of 133 is the cherry on top of a perfect sundae.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

They need to do another episode where they cover this "Pinkerton By Weezer" U2 album.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Power of Pecota posted:

I gotta ask, are you poppin' my stones?

Just blue turtlin here, but I don't think he is. Let's check out the 2's Clues to be sure.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

The Senator Giroux posted:

I can only remember 3 members of U2

Bono, The Edge, Ed, and....

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Dark Weasel posted:

Hey Jeff before you check out go call up your boy for us and let him know that this Squarespace song ad y'all been runnin can go gently caress itself

e: send that poo poo to jukebox jury

Why did the "Thaaaaank you, Squarespace" ad only run once?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

The Ape of Naples posted:

Test. Test. Is this thing on. I'm afraid I'll break the forums again….

Anyway. That Analyze Phish ep is up. I haven't checked it out yet...

Harris didn't seem that into it. Probably because U2 is his favorite band now.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

If only H. R. Giger had listened to sports radio :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

mennoknight posted:

Pretty sure it's from the final episode.

"Latest episode", please. There's going to be more. There have to be more.