Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
That makes more sense, I thought Besser was being a total dick to Andy when he told the story. :v:
"HAHA WHOAAAA HOLY poo poo"

Reading Swedens largest newspaper this morning with my coffee and they had an interesting cover story about podcasts, mainly talking with Ira Glass about This American Life, but in a section where they recommend other podcasts Jeff Garlins new poadcast at Earwolf, as well as Doug Loves Movies gets a mention.

By the way
There's plenty of podcasts that initially cover new movie premieres, but the most interesting ones are they that goes past this basic movie journalistic form. Comedian and actor Jeff Garlins "By the way" is one of those podcasts - the five episodes that have so far been record at the Largo club in Los Angeles give a fantastic glimpse into the interesting movie- and tv-workers life and career.
Garlin, perhaps most known to a Swedish audience from "Curb your enthusiasm", simply invites people he knows. Sometimes it tends to result in completely, albeit very funny, nonsense. Notwithstanding, his interview with "Girls"-creator Lena Dunham is one of the best I've ever heard with her.

Doug Loves Movies
The comedian Doug Benson loves movies. Since 2006 he's spread this mantra in his moviepod, which is equally a comedy podcast. The format is easy: a couple of Bensons comedy friends compete against each other in movie knowledge infront of a live audience.
The Leonard Maltin Game - where guests try to guess the movie from movie critic Leonard Maltins incredibly dry reviews - is the game with the most prestige in the podcast. Benson fills the program with movietrivia while the guests do their best job to roast each other. It is incredibly more entertaining than it sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Crankit posted:

Who is the guy saluting in the bottom left, he looks familiar to me and I can't work out why. Is he on BBC radio?
I think that's Huw Stephens, at least that's the show they mention there. 'British radio journalist', sounds about right
bbc.co.uk/radio1/huwstephens

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Evil Agita posted:

Humblebrag!
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/b10ee0bc16/humblebrag

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Too be fair though there were three other people Uwe boxed at the same time so I don't think it's specific to Something Awful, just the fight spectacle itself.

e: vvvv
Yeah with Ullrich here and the Fogelnest episode there's def some people that know us, but in that specific instance I think it was just quickly googled or some trivia information Paul & the gang brought up.
Man I'm being really pointlessly, buzzkillingly, nitpicky about this dumb thing, ignore me.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 20, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Who's the goon callers on Reality Show Show by the way, any of the regulars? Is Han Luke Picard any of you guys, he certainly fits the profile.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I like you.

Mr. Squishy posted:

My boner at the thought of Jason Mantzoukas reading my words has shriveled up into my abdomen, thanks to you!
They don't call me Captain Buzzkill for nothing :cool:
No-one calls me this.

e:

Jerkface posted:

I know poo poo all about star trek despite making a gimmick character about it :v: The voyager wiki I found was unclear about the quadrants at cursory glance. You'd think at the head of the alpha quadrant it would have said: 'EARTH IS HERE!'.

But its probably common knowledge for someone that watches the show :)
Hah, it would be pretty apt for the son of Picard to be a nasal-voiced brat who could care less about the boring stuff his dad is involved with, and is more into his vidyagames and podcasts.
I'm glad you shot down that lady and her parents. For someone complaining about people not discussing the shows on tv she sure went on and on about nothing at all.
You are going to tell me where you're calling from. WHERE ARE YOU CALLING FROM?!

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 20, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

The 'black man' joke got hilariously awkward due to the slight lag of the phone and their live studio.

"I don't know, is he the commander?"
...black man...
"What?"
- "THE ONLY BLACK MAN"

"Whoa man, your persona just took a dark turn."

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

So did any of you yanks with Comedy Central access catch the Kristen Schaal special? Any truth to her bit about it being terrible? :ohdear:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Fortunately I got all good impressions I needed of the game from the fantastic Adam Pally / Casey Wilson episode.
Unfortunately it wasn't that good.
Fortunately, thinking back, it was actually pretty decent.
Unfortunately, you know, really wracking by brain about it and asking a couple of friends about it, it turned out to be poo poo
Why would you even read this part, I can't even see it on my screen

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Mozi posted:

So people really do think those Simpsons things are sexy? The whole design of the Simpsons is to make them the ugliest people possible.
So to reiterate, you're wondering if some people on the internet find [thing] sexy and would jerk off to it?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Youtube has a thing where it mentions scheduled live streams, but that's usually only a 24 hour/2 day window.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Jerkface posted:

edit: When is the I4H video going up :mad:
Yeah what the hell earwolf...you got a lotta explaining to do jeff ulrich!!!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

These are dark times

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Anybody have links to the YouTube videos on this weeks I4H? Specifically, the hentai fan and the black guy who got offended over the term "black hole"
All I could think of with the hentai video was Anime Nathan who I believe was being interviewed by a goon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us50t5fYo58

Still no I4H episode? Earwolf....:negative:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Aw yiss! Fantastic guests on that episode, although the plugs section was pretty funny with them trying to get as many viewers for Happy Endings that might be cancelled...only that date was now almost 2 weeks ago :v:

Watch Happy Endings by the way, fantastic show and I don't want to see it cancelled :ohdear:

e: I4H is so much better as a video podcast where they don't overly cut the audio. I love hearing them talk about the bit they just did, or throw in that one last one-liner or just laughing at how absurd the sketch ended up being. Like Adam Pally (literally one of the best Earwolf guests, across all shows) giving props to the bit about a shady secret agent person standing on top of a car roof, only to be called out when he himself had made up the scenario.

Fantastic Reality Show Show episode as well, so glad you guys kept nagging about getting into it. Sadly it looks like it was an unscheduled live event, so I guess better luck next time about calling in Jerkface :(

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 9, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Describe....player....? :downs:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I liked last episodes format; being live but with pre-screened calls so only, well, you can come on. You should become the call-in sidekick already!

Also, loving hell, Splash has already become a Swedish reality show with our own 'stars'.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Hey Andy, did you see Vibes?

Will Ferrel being on Jeff Garlins annoying laughter podcast and the recent Louis C.K standup sponsor is making me long that kind of comedians on CBB or other great Earwolf podcasts.
Chris Pratt would be loving amazing on CBB or I4H.

e: Whenever I explain what Improv comedy is to my friends I always point to that fantastic bit from Parks & Rec when Chris Pratt as Andy does the amazing "Leslie, I put your symptoms into the thing up here and it says you might have network connectivity issues". Imagine that on I4H.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 10, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

This just popped up on the Earwolf page on Facebook about an upcoming Jake Fogelnest episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0QKa1cx9_4
I'm not as well versed in musical comedy of America, who does that voice of the, I'm presuming, guest belong to?
Unless he actually has Daft Punk as a guest.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Lugaloco posted:

Has it never not been? I'm so glad I started to listening to stuff outside of CBB, because there's gold in them Earwolf hills. The I4H Adam Pally episode a couple weeks back was just loving amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emYCZ4XI828 The southern accent and bit was amazing. Go ahead, convoyze!

We are way overdue for another Andy Samberg and Adam Pally episode of CBB.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Some are just pretty good. But I don't think I've heard a less than adequate episode yet.
Which makes me bummed when Besser does his plugs for the podcast itself "I'm just a performer, a street peddler.."
Trying to get friends on it, hopefully they aren't actually hurting for numbers :ohdear:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Greggy posted:

That was just a reference to an earlier episode. Telling your friends is still a good idea!
No yeah I remember that bit, I was just thinking he'd been plugging the podcast a couple of times now, I think one time before that bit which had me wondering they're losing listeners or something.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

It's honestly a bit frustrating and some clear answer on it would be nice. The wait for the latest video I4H was excruciating, especially as I didn't want to overlisten to the audio and get bored with it before I saw it.
#firstworldproblems #thatim #legit #upsetabout

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

The Boston stuff was pretty cathardic to laugh about though. Especially since during watching that poo poo 24/7 I kept thinking about "oh my god that one time I was in Boston 5 years ago".

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

A great week for I4H! Sean Clements on todays episode and a live episode being filmed tonight!

E: Hoooly poo poo, this episode was loving hilarious. I was guffawing like a jackass while walkig home today, I couldn't contain myself.
It was like a perfect mix of a fantastic episode of CBB, Reality Show Show, and I4H all rolled into one.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 25, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

KimT posted:

They keep it private until Thursday when they post the episode on the site I think. It's really pointless

Even that isn't always the case. The latest i4h dropped almost a week after the audio version, and the same thing happened the episode before that.
Then there's also the "Watch full episodes of Earwolf here!" Button they have on the end of an episode that shows a live episode of CBB that hasn't been released for months :argh:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

#Getbusy@RealityShowShow@EarwolfDotComRadioPodcastPeople

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Dark Weasel posted:

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRG for real, how can Eric the paid intern not get these goddamn video podcasts ready for broadcast by the time their audio versions are posted a full week later.

It's such a mild thing to complain about, but poo poo, Earwolf, if you're gonna do this thing, do it right, otherwise no one's going to care.
Thank you, I felt like the pettiest nerd in the world to get worked up about this, but come on Earwolf :mad:

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 2, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

when is that video going to be released? I can't find it
Probably on thursday given their track-record. I think it was only one time they released it on the same day as the audio, and that was only CBB.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

This is going to suck :( I assume they just have side things to take care of.
Fortunately we have the parody twitter accounts to fall back on while we wait.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Besser really needs a whole episode dedicated to this as this case was fantastic, I loves his passionate talk about "scaling of heroes" which was amazing. But it feels a bit weird going back to Improv direct after, I want to digest, listen to his guests discuss etc, I want more!

Best ending possible to a phone call as well, caught myself by surprise cacklin with laughter.
"All right, take care,
-I'm right-
Bye"

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Okay guys, here we go. First week of seven without a RSS episode. We can do this.

RSS withdrawal survival thread month.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I'm so sad there's no Reality Show Show episode to have during this spectacle of the Amy's Baking Company episode on Kitchen Nightmare.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Amy Poehler on I4H! :aaa:
Oh my god, I've waited so long for her to come on!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Mob posted:

According to Jake, one of the videos @Fart picked out for tonight's live Fogelnest Files recording made an audience member vomit.
Could someone summarize what the @fart thing is in relation to Earwolf?
It's a goon right, is it anyone 'famous', frontpage writer/admin or such? I know he was on an early fogelnest episode, so does he work with Jake now?

a: Ah thanks, Doc Evil rings a better bell.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 24, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Fezz posted:

Already down :smith: I guess I have to wait until next Wednesday to see it.
I've taken a habit to download the episodes through keepvid.com when situations like this happens.
I could upload it somewhere, but I'm not sure that's cool, or even where to put an 800mb file. Either way, it's going to be up in 2 weeks.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Deadpool posted:

Amy Poehler last week and Andy Daly this week. You sure do know how to spoil people Improv4Humans.
And CBB with Time Bobby 2, 4th Anniversary, Farts&Pro3 and Womp it Up. Earwolf has really knocked it out of the park this month.
(okay Time Bobby was at the end of April but w/e)

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

He probably would have been mad if it didn't then turn out that Todd Glass couldn't even remember the exact twitter handle :v:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Dark Weasel posted:

So, I like Shots Fired and all, because I'm into the subject and I'm fond of the off-kilter amateur style of it, but how in hellllll did that show end up on the earwolf network?
They were/are expanding the network into non-comedy related shows as well. For a while on Earwolf.com they had them sorted under, I think, Lifestyle/Comedy/Music. Shots Fired came out around that time, as well as with Reality Show Show.

Speaking of RSS, hasn't it been 7 weeks yet :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Unless I'm mistaken, we're only one week away from RSS guys.

We can do this, just a little longer...