Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Farg posted:

i can't listen to HDTGP because i listened to the undertale episode and they said 'lets play the final boss theme' and played the flowey phase 1 track and i got upset

that was the most unbelievable transgression for a podcast i can generally rely on to be knowledgable and thorough about games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
blighttown feels like the intent is for you to panic and fall off a bridge, landing next to a bonfire and accidentally skipping half the level

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

I might try this falling down a bunch strat

just make sure youre aiming for something

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

In terms of Earwolf-adjacent podcasts (which I suppose is increasingly what this thread is about more than Earwolf itself) Lapkus was back on the last episode of the Newcomers Fast & Furious season. It seems like she'll be back as full-time host for next season and that she and Nicole already decided what they're going to watch, and neither of them are excited for it, which makes me a bit hesitant. I thought this and the Tyler Perry seasons were so good precisely because the hosts were so into it. I really hope they don't go back to the slog that was the LOTR season.

theyre going to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

meet girls at the store posted:

Recommendations for iOS? Tried Pocket Cast, seems okayish. Google’s podcast app doesn’t have an iPad version for mysterious reasons, so that’s out.

I am very stupid and don’t know how to do a Patreon or an RSS or how any of this works, I just want to listen to the funny man.

overcast is good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Puppy Galaxy posted:

It was very exciting to basically find out that podcasts exist and one of them has Mr. Show guys and a bunch of incredible LA comics/improvisers I'd never heard of. Felt like something made specifically for me

i had a similar experience

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
so far, what are the things that “scott hasnt seen”

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

How is podcasting always such a toxic environment? It’s just people sitting in a room and talking. How do so many people manage to gently caress that up.

its a for-profit business enterprise

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

soggybagel posted:

The action boyz mentioned on their latest shadow wolves podcast they went on that show to talk about Rocky 4 and evidently it was a total disaster. Scott and Shaun hate/hated the movie and called it boring. They also mentioned how neither of them seemed to enjoy the Sly Stallone impression the ABZ guys were doing.

its a very hit and miss show because scott, as part of the premise, doesnt really want to watch the movies and so far theyve all been pretty bad movies anyway (except addams family values)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ive been emailing apodaca every week since the podcast started asking for barkley gaiden

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

I like the Get Played "rebrand" which I think is mostly to stop Reddit nerds from yelling at them. The hosts are great but how much can you say a video game sucks rear end?

i hate them because they wont play barkley shut up and jam gaiden no matter how many threatening voicemails i leave them

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
krolls most frequent characters were black gay and mexican guy lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I really wish they filmed more, the only one I’ve ever seen is the one on YouTube about the mock trial. It’s so loving good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivf58k53nu0

they have a show on dropout.tv now called Play It By Ear

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Thank you both, I shall be exploring!

dropout has an insanely good hit rate for original programming and talent, especially if you can tolerate or even enjoy watching improv and sketch comics play dungeons and dragons

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I've never heard of this thing before and I'm confused about what it is.

its a netflix with just original programming from collegehumor

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
based on which of my friends discuss dropout, id say its cbbworld for the parasocial generation.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Yeah there's no weird parasocial stuff going on with comedy podcasts

this is on a whole other level, since the performers are much closer in age and circumstance to the audience

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Half of CBB World's shows are just Scott talking his opinion about movie and music. It's *plenty* parasocial. They're both effectively troupes.

sure but scott and his coterie are old and have been successful in the entertainment industry, whereas the dropout crowd are really only recognizable from collegehumor videos. i dont mean to say they are drastically different, just that the dropout demographic is younger and more likely to be twitch.tv subscribers

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Scott's opinions on movies are bad BTW.

I got a free month of Stitcher Premium for doing a survey, does anybody remember what shows are there that are still exclusive and worth grabbing? I already downloaded the entire archives for Neighborhood Listen and Celebrity Sighting, the only two things I could think of that I missed.

is professor blastoff on there

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
prediction: they will increasingly love the first four batman movies and get increasingly bored during the last four

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

Nicole is on record as having thought the most recent one owned and was not long enough. Of course, she might've been high or drunk in a theater, so rewatching at home for her job might be less fun.

its three hours long. ive listened to newcomers before, i know what to expect

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

i think there is like a video version of it still going on on that streaming thing for former college humor people

um, actually, dropout.tv is current collegehumor staff.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

0konner posted:

Aukerman and Paul f are the guests on i4h today I’m intrigued.

they must be fans of the ruen brothers

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
newcomers is so funny. lapkus is trying her damnedest to enjoy these mediocre nerd franchises and nicole byer just straight up doesnt care, and they both have the attention spans of rodents. this week nicole talked about how she fell asleep multiple times trying to watch batman mask of the phantasm - an 80 minute movie. im so excited to hear them rave about the schumacher batmans to the amazement of future guests

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I totally thought they were tackling Phantasm then, and I would be so loving down with that.

i dont think theres room for a whole season of the phantasm movies but it would be pretty funny to hear nicole byer’s insane takes on them. i swear shes the dumbest podcaster working

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
theres a huge difference to a comic between hosting a show and guesting a show. pretty much every comic i know is funnier when all they have to do is be funny. nobody likes MCing and if they do then theyre probably a lovely comic

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
best episode of newcomers so far. hayes saying that the joker is called jokerman in the comics and nicole byer uncritically accepting it as true

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Lauren Lapkus and Nicole Byer’s total inability to absorb information from a movie is insane.

its so funny. the scott aukerman batman vs superman extended 4 hour cut episode foreshadowed on lapkus’ recent scott hasnt seen episode is going to be incredible

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
scott hasnt seen is an amazing podcast because sure, scott is deranged, but he still has good taste and understands the craft of filmmaking, plus he seems to really enjoy making the podcast. it has a very professional tone.
NEWCOMERS, on the other hand, is amazing for the opposite reason. byers and lapkus are like consummate unprofessionals. every episode starts with the entire audio track for the trailer of the movie they watched. they just read a wiki summary and nervously try to avoid insulting their guest’s taste. its so funny

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I'm halfway through it when I got to work and had to pause it. I have no idea how it's going to end.

youll be very surprised. it seems like something that only happens in….well i guess cartoons

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

kdrudy posted:

Latest Scott Hasn't Seen is unhinged, Lily is on as Tony SoNY to talk about Madame Web and while they do manage to talk through the movie Lily is bringing her absurd chaos energy the entire episode.

scott and sprague just cant resist asking cbb interview questions the whole time

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
nothing can convince me to watch mamma mia or the devil wears prada or the first wives club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

The Devil Wears Prada is good, actually, minus the main character's boyfriend.

I watched it for the first time recently and had a great time with it. Meryl Streep is great in it.

the theme of that list wasnt that they were bad movies