Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Beeez posted:

Much as I love PFT, I think some of his characters are already running on fumes so I'm not sure it'd work as well. Don Dimello's the only Andy Daly character who's appeared a bunch of times.

Also, I wonder if Jason Mantzoukas will be on one of the Podcast Pilots, seems only right he should be.

I swear Billy Merritt sounds like Mantzoukas to me. Every time I hear the announcer on Podcast Pilot, I think it's him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
It's Andy Daly day at earwolf, god drat! Can't wait to listen to NNF/PP.

Do yourself a favor and don't look at the guest list of the Pilot Project. The guest list/character list is amazing.

E: holy poo poo there's no way they can top this episode.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 27, 2014

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

JethroMcB posted:

I have a feeling it won't be long until I talk myself into buying those old SuperEgo episodes, now.

Totally worth it, superego is one of my top 3 podcasts (CBB second and DLM/NNF tied) and I still relisten to the old eps.

In my opinion, season 1 is weaker than the others (but still worth it) so you might want to try later episodes.

Also, I've bought the live eps. They're great, but fair warning: they're like 35-40 min. long total.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Alright guys enough about how great the podcast was.

I'd like to get back to cooking, OK?

Urk! fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 2, 2014

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Compared to other pay-for podcast episodes, I'd say no. It was pretty much on-par with the other episodes.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

The Ape of Naples posted:

The best bit was the end. I really hope they don't listen or hear about what happened. I want to hear their reaction.

Oh God yes, especially Posehn's reaction. And what a perfect way for Sir Richard to go out. Looking forward to the next insane Jerry character..

Best Nerd Poker in awhile.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

jdsalmon posted:

I think this is the first time I've ever hear Andy's voice crack mid-word and he almost completely revert to his normal speaking pattern for a second.

Similarly hilarious when Matt Gourley's voice changes from trying to hold it together, he sounds like his recurring crazy-person character "Kotch" on Superego.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah, they posted the old episode this week because Jimmy was sick.

So they'll probably make pay-for archived eps free whenever that happens (which is surprisingly infrequent considering how often he's sick)

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Beeez posted:

Well, he said they might do more here: http://www.avclub.com/article/andy-daly-found-his-perfect-tv-show-then-had-wait--201855 So if you commit suicide too early you might miss out on more suicide ideas.

Andy Daly posted:

Kent Alterman, who directed Semi-Pro, he was the Comedy Central executive in charge of the Upright Citizens Brigade way back in the day when they had a show on Comedy Central... they put him in charge of Comedy Central. He became president [of content development and original programming] of Comedy Central.

So that's why CC original programming has improved!

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

They're moving again?

I'd like to own the top of that table

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Bet it'd also make a shitload at the next Pardcast-a-thon/LA Food Bank thing/random charity event.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Don't they still have A/C issues in the current place?

I'd think it'd be hard to convince some celebrities to spend a few hours in a furnace.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Drunkboxer posted:

I wish Nerd Poker would get the full cast back.

Ditto. I'm starting to wonder how many eps they record in a night. Hasn't it been 5 hour-long episodes?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

NotWearingPants posted:

Yeah, I've seen people say (not here, but other places) that Aukerman isn't funny, and just rides the coattails of his guests. But U Talkin U2 to Me and Analyze Phish destroy that argument.

~~~

Also, I know this is the Earwolf Thread, but if you want to enjoy Paul F. Thompkins being hilarious out of character, I really recommend his appearances on Stop Podcasting Yourself. Here they are, in order, for your listening pleasure:

http://stoppodcastingyourself.blogspot.com/2009/09/episode-82-live-with-paul-f-tompkins.html
http://www.maximumfun.org/stop-podcasting-yourself/stop-podcasting-yourself-140-paul-f-tompkins
http://www.maximumfun.org/stop-podcasting-yourself/stop-podcasting-yourself-171-paul-f-tompkins
http://www.maximumfun.org/stop-podcasting-yourself/stop-podcasting-yourself-194-paul-f-tompkins
http://www.maximumfun.org/stop-podcasting-yourself/stop-podcasting-yourself-205-paul-f-tompkins
http://www.maximumfun.org/stop-podcasting-yourself/stop-podcasting-yourself-257-paul-f-tompkins
http://www.maximumfun.org/stop-podcasting-yourself/stop-podcasting-yourself-bonus-episode-live-paul-f-tompkins

It a great podcast anyway but when PFT is on, it's even better.

Totally agree! It's a good podcast with guests I've never heard of, and amazing with some guests like PFT.

Everyone should check the last few pages of the SPY thread, it goes over the other great guests (Kinane, Tobin, ect.)

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Are you sure you aren't confusing Bono and The Edge? Bono plays guitar and The Edge sings.

I thought Bono handled the lights? Kind of the Chris Kuroda of the band?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

The Ape of Naples posted:

The latest Nerd Poker is pretty ok for those who might have been worried. Yeah, the first half is a little rocky and they felt unsure but once they got into it it was fun. Blaine is great at NPCs so that helps. Plus it feels more old school D&D which is nice. No Jerry though which is sad. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next episodes.

Good to hear. I generally enjoyed Blaine's goofing around but was worried he'd go over-the-top with it while being DM.

Nerd Poker needs Jerry back. Can't wait for him/others to make appearances.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Hollis Brown posted:

Matt Gourley is a genius though, and likely an integral part to the success of the andy daly series. I think PFT's podcast could using some wrangling and once reined in could be great too.

Yeah, at the very least I think improv/comedian characters benefit from having other people in the room to mix things up.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Conduit for Sale! posted:

However you will have to find it on your own because I don't even remember the name of the website they did it on!

here you go. And some of the live Superegos are on their site as pay-for eps.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Ho-lee poo poo, you aren't kidding.

Does Todd cater parties? I think he missed his calling.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Greggy posted:

The problem was even Matt doesn't really care about his "feud" with Mississippi. I don't know why he even had the guy on, it doesn't seem like Case Closed is a very popular segment in the first place so there's no sense in forcing it.

I haven't heard the episode/segment you're referring to yet, but I know for a fact hating Mississippi is a weird Arkansan thing, and Matt is from Arkansas.

It's incredibly stupid, but anyway that's probably where his "feud" started...

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Looks like Hot Soccermom won an Emmy for Between Two Ferns yesterday! Specfically he won a Creative Arts Emmy in "Outstanding Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Program" for the Obama episode.

Pretty awesome for him and the FoD crew, they deserved it.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Special RSS recap of Emmy nominees for Reality Television?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Okonner posted:

I'm sure Scott & Kulap make good money but multi-millionaires? ... is Earwolf really that succesful?

I hope so. They've given me years of free entertainment w/ minimal/funny ads by investing in a highly risky medium.

Far as I'm concerned, let 'em get paid/make docs/whatever.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
HH is ok, but not something I listen to much anymore.

It's not nearly as enjoyable as RSS was.

...oh God, am I becoming a podcast hipster?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
People post about hating guests all over this subforum, not just the DLM thread.

I'd change the DLM thread to ask it not be pages of disliking guests, but why? I'd rather it be a mix of opinions than completely one way or another. Pages of circlejerking would be annoying too.

If a podcast based around competitive games is going to change guests every episode, and release episodes once a week or more, there's going to be more guests people don't like.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I'll throw in a random guess. It'll be a call-in show, where PFT answers calls in character.

Completely based on nothing, other than wondering if the "nation" refers to fans.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Superego has been threatening to do an April Fools episode for awhile now (characters are played/voiced by anyone but the original voice).

I'm not so sure any of the podcasters are "above" an April Fools joke.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

http://deadline.com/2015/04/bob-odenkirk-david-cross-sketch-comedy-series-netflix-1201403256/

The Mr Show Reunion Instagram photo made official: Airing on Netflix, produced by Abso Lutely.

Wait, so the only regulars on the show are Bob and David? None of the other old Mr. Show cast are regulars?

Kind of odd since they've been billing it as a reunion...

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
At least he's not as quick to anger as Santa. That guy will fight at the drop of a hat.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
If you're having a hard time getting into Jimmy, you might also try these UCB shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Seriously? Adults shouldn't drink milk?

Fortified milk is one of the, if not the major reasons rickets is gone, nevermind lowering rates of osteoporosis/adding minerals to diet/correcting for low VitD levels in high-melanin patients/ect.

What the hell, Besser?