Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

soggybagel posted:

I don't particularly like House of Lies despite loving the everyone on the cast. Just watch Orange is the new black.

That's because you're watching the wrong show. House of Pies on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The best part of the Tompcast was playing parts of his Largo show making fun of 50 year old Dear Abby letters. The Great Undiscovered Project, while having an excellent finale, really dragged in the middle (which PFT also acknowledged.)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Well, the monster gently caress, it was a graveyard gently caress.

Fixed that for you.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

Holy poo poo.

But seriously, guys, vote on the fuckin' T-shirts. (The Marquee is pretty much the one true option here, though the Blue Turtle is nice as well.) The iPod cord design makes me wonder: Was the joke just holding the cord and not extending it? I always imagined it as they would hold it out briefly, then drop it. The reactions always made me laugh but I don't think they never really explained what was actually happening.

Where the gently caress are the college girls

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Where is an RSS feed for all these new Wolfpop shows?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Not every reviewer needs to be SuperMechaGodzilla. Maltin rules.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GobiasIndustries posted:

Really enjoyed the entire narrative improv trilogy on I4H, especially this most recent one. Being able to flesh out the characters in a variety of different scenarios was pretty fun to listen to, and Besser did a great job of chiming in and moving the scenes along.

I think this is the first time they have used the same characters through every scene. It was beautiful.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I still miss Mike Detective. The first episode of that was probably the best thing earwolf ever did.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Losing alot of weight will do that.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

PFT should do a new podcast "Jesus Christ, It's Hot!" where we just follow him as he walks around Los Angeles between the months of May and September while only wearing wool suits. There can be recurring segments like "Aren't You Hot Right Now?" where he's asked that question 10 times a day by friends and strangers.

A man like PFT revels in seersucker and linen.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

feedmyleg posted:

It is a shame that Besser is consistently the worst improviser on I4H. His moves are so rote and stock and his initiations are so boring. Oh, another scene where everyone gets to pitch you ideas for a new X and you get to shoot them down? Great.

He has a "hey guys get in here!" scene every episode. And Besser has his ups and downs but he can take things into really weird places too.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

piratepilates posted:

Armen Weitzman Improv4Humans episodes are definite necessary listenings.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Hopefully Adam Scott isn't distracted by all the bucco dolores he's making from his Smirnoff Vodka commercials airing during the NBA playoffs.

I like the idea of Dot Com, Annie Edison, and Ben Wyatt hanging out together, so I am happy you told me about these.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

holy gently caress i need to hear this now

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

What is the theme song to "the legalese of film-making?" kinda synthy thing.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ArtVandelay posted:

One of my favorites is with Lauren lapkus where a kid finds out his parents are an amalgamation of squirrels. Later on in life his girlfriend is secretly a vagina possum. EVERYTHING IS ANIMALS.

Fleshlight superhero team.

But the best episode is These Fat Crackas.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Beeez posted:

I didn't download any of the episodes and there's too many to bother now, so I guess that's the last time I'll be listening to any of my old favorites.

Has it already happened or do people still have time to download old Eps?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Does the howl app get rid of HH ads because those are the only ones I listen to

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Ape of Naples posted:

It's late in the week to bring it up but Matt Gourley saves this week's Spont. It started off like they couldn't figure out where to go but when Matt becomes Les Claypool he carries the whole thing. I was going to give up on the episode but decided to finish it off and I'm glad I did.

Sometimes now I just listen to the beginning, interview, and improv introduction and skip the actual improv stuff, because its usually not that good.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Has anyone else tried out John Gabrus' podcast? I just listened to the Eugene Cordero episode and it was okay. It features alot of Improv4Humans people but its mostly just John shooting the poo poo.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I also highly recommend High and Mighty. The Taco Bell episode was disgusting but hilarious.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

A frickin' wine nanny

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Beeez posted:

Sounds like classic Horatio.

Classic Horatio only involves him giving the best directions from the 405 , sorry

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

scary ghost dog posted:

scotts provocative improv style went too far

Scott just knows the racist powers of Yes And

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Poopy Palpy posted:

Lin-Manuel Miranda is a cool dude with great taste in podcasts.

Can I still not like In the Heights and Hamilton?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Riptor posted:

He's Puerto Rican ethnically, born in New York

Don't tell these people that

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

EL BROMANCE posted:

They totally should get everyone involved on a show and judge judy the poo poo out of the situation.

With #1 fuckboi Gabrus providing commentary

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

tnimark posted:

I hope they just play the segment of U Talkin' U2 To Me where Scott and Scott discuss how funny it would be if the album Pop was called Poop.

They should play the medley where Todd Glass wonders if this was a U2 song from the Fat Boys.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

This is what they play, just the clip of the Todd Glass Music Challenge - thus explaining why Staind Glass is suddenly the lead show on the Earwolf homepage.

Well, it was the funniest thing on the podcast. Good choice, Ira.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Del Toast was podcast of the year material.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ElCondemn posted:

Very weird, people cheered after the recording, he definitely misread the reaction to the interview. I'm surprised all the improvisers just rolled with his interpretation, I'm guessing they probably didn't want to start a debate on a comedy podcast? An argument probably doesn't lend itself to good improv. The whole scene didn't even end up being about Bernie vs Hilary.

Putting Greg Proops on I4H would be funny to see if Besser starts railing on short form improv, then transitioning to slob Clinton's knob.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Shunkymonky posted:

I never listened to Who Charted, but I loved Armen in i4h's Christmas Carol: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/a-i4h-christmas-carol/

The Whiplash episode based around him is better.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

High and Mighty's Commando episode is a word-for-word transcript of a conversation I had with my high school friends

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I'm surprised that Sklarboro Country is so low.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Work Friend Keven posted:

The hollywood handbook ones are like five minutes long, boring, and usually describe the product as being made by or for rapists.

Rapists need mattresses too.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

beeman posted:

they don't happen frequently, but CBB still has musical guests. They've had at least a couple this year

I believe that's referring to way way back in the Indy 103.1 days when instead of ads they played comedy songs Dr. Demento style. Stopped before the first 100 eps I think. That did create Lil Gary singing "I am not food."

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I used the HH code to get the Howl free trial. Thanks boys

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

...He did that for me?

This is where I lost it

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009