Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Seriously. I don't understand why Scott Aukerman can have these people on his show all the time. He should be calling the police immediately when they show up. Personally, I'd be afraid for my life if I were around one of these hooligans, but Aukerman seems to not have a care in the world. Makes me wonder if he's a little more involved in their activities than he says...

He always tries to but then they bring out the girls...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lugaloco posted:

Man, this 4/20 episode of I4H is a beautiful mess.

Seriously I was kinda cringing when I read it because I'm so used to 'lol we're so hiiiiigh' jokes being the laziest thing ever but instead it was just a bunch of legit hilarious people getting high and doing improv and that's kinda the best thing.

"DOES A GOAT LOOK MORE LIKE A HORSE OR A HUMAN?!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I seriously love how after they start getting high all the bits are entirely based off misunderstandings and random tangents rather than the suggestions.

"I have been sober for three days, my name is Ishitori"

"Cut to three days later at the strip club..."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr. Squishy posted:

Eric the erstwhile intern is fat now. He's a large man. And Matt Besser's attempt to help was to sick the trumpet guy on him, record this for presumably hours and hours, then play 2 minutes of it before moving onto yelling at people who want to know where their grandfather's corpse is.

What? I'm a bit behind on improv 4 humans. I know trumpet guy but nothing else about this post makes sense to me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JethroMcB posted:

"We can't promote our series, starring people primarily known for their dirty improv, with videos of them doing dirty improv! Find a scene where they didn't make an incredibly bawdy sexual joke or use an objectionable word."

Also Playing House...like they wouldn't have the fuckin 'well I did order the yellowtail...' joke sure but they're not exactly clean in it! It's so weird to cut out so much because this poo poo does totally fit the tone of the show.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mr.capps posted:

I lost my composure when sonic cam in and regained it right before that line, which immediately broke me down again. Hilarious stuff.

I love when they get totally blindsided by something and have to keep working while laughing out of confusion

"I was created in Japan!"

"...Yea I know...The Sega corporation of Japan!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I was in Walgreens today and they had two sushi chefs.

The store I go to has a little sushi...kiosk I guess? It's always run by this old rear end Japanese lady and you can see her making stuff. I've bought from them before and it's been good but ever since that episode I kinda gave it a sideways look.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Pretty much just echoing what everyone else has said, you made a great thing and totally deserve the rest, thanks for providing a platform for a lot of us to find awesome comics and junk.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love Matt's hate for Who's Line's format because I felt like I was the only person in the internet who thought that poo poo wasn't fun.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

soggybagel posted:

I like case closed but it became clear that instead of actually addressing the merits of the debate he was constantly trying to reframe them so he could be right.

Yea Case Closed can be interesting or funny when he's genuinely arguing something with someone who's not a lunatic but that was was just kinda him half-heartedly defending a joke and constantly shifting it around so he didn't have to go 'ok yea it was kinda dumb'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Senator Giroux posted:

Roadhouse, if only for Rawdoggin and "give me that baby"

Yea you pretty much listed the best but you gotta have Roadhouse.

"I'M GONNA FIND THAT BABY"

Also Barb Wire and Timothy Green because they actually produced fairly interesting discussion on the verdict section as well as some solid jokes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
And of course, how can we forget, Street Fighter, where she legitimately asks "No really though...what is a street fighter?"

June is a loving gem and her 100% sincerity in dealing with terrible movies is wonderful.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Politicalrancor posted:

btw Kulap is also the person that organizes the huge LA Foodbank drive at Christmas.

Seriously I think the movie looks dumb too but the idea of people flying into a foaming rage about what a selfish bitch she is is kinda hilarious.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea pretty much, I love I4H, Besser is a saint of comedy, but when he gets into these arguments I almost always wind up mumbling 'are you loving kidding' or something as I listen. Like I keep waiting for this to reveal itself as a bit but nope.

Still I agree there is this weird almost evil humor factor in the fact that he brings these loving comics on and sometimes makes them just wait a half hour while he and some twitter shitbag have a fight about literally nothing. Like, just the concept of that will always make me laugh.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I've listened to that episode multiple times and never looked that up. It's much more sinister than I pictured which makes it that much better.

Yea I always imagined it just neutral, or maybe a little propaganday or something, not like, something Satan probably drinks tea with.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
He needs to be a man

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I don't really care if someone likes to smoke drugs or be a big perv all day but Cris Kattan is a historic megafucker that nobody likes haha.

Pretty much, as said Horatio is kinda a perv himself but he gets a pass because he's a fairly charming guy, you can be a big druggy pervert all you want if you have just some basic social skills and can act like a normal human being. Kattan is not that, at all.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I won't argue against that. But the Canon reminds me of "Embrace Debate" programming you see on ESPN. Nothing but two people yelling for 10 minutes about a made-up topic like, "Who is the most 'Elite' quarterback in the NFL?"

Pretty much, like, I could get into a thing where they talk about the political and social messages of movies and their impacts on the culture around them and all that but they're super not doing that. Like said it's just the dude being all 'well here's what I think' and the girl being all 'here's what I think' and then the end. It's like, cool you just said two things I guess.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ImPureAwesome posted:

Really? Maybe I'm just used to cbb where the bit doesn't end hell or high water and they have forever to get weird

I'd say CBB is a fairly unique form though, there's a good bit of other elements like anti-comedy and poo poo mixed in.

Also the new I4H was great. She-Hulk Hogan is maybe my favorite character they've had in a bit.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
June, like many comics, probably legitimately did have a thought like 'no a man should go chase down a dude who talked poo poo to his wife' or whatever that bit was about, then thought 'that's dumb, but it'd be funny for my comedy show if I made it sound like I legitimately wanted my husband, a man famous for playing total spazlords in near everything he's in, to fight to the death for my honor'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JethroMcB posted:

There better be another I4H 4/20 special this year. "We cut to...SPAGO" popped into my head out of nowhere last night and I had to give it a listen. Gabrus' coupon-obsessed prostitute at the end just slays me. "I'll let you walk on my back with golf cleats...you can...kick me in the tits and face..."

Yea I never thought listening to dudes getting high would be that funny when not high myself, but they crushed it. Just enough stoner 'what the gently caress did he just say, whatever roll with it' mixed in to make it insane.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I liked the Placid episode but yea, what do you say about a movie that barely even happened.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zsinjeh posted:

Sweet another music I4H ep. Before the first song: "this will probably be the saddest song you'll ever have to improv from"
:suicide:

Cut to a 10 minute discussion that's probably really great for an actual music podcast but it does not at all get me in the mood for wacky improv.

Honestly despite me rolling my eyes at like 90% of the 'serious' things coming from Besser's mouth I do enjoy the occasional 'serious' tangent on the show just because sometimes the guests have some legitimate interesting stuff to share. Haven't listened to today's but looking at the guests I'm kinda interested in them talking about a song for a little bit between poop jokes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What made the lion famous

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm glad he's dead

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BobTheCow posted:

Has anybody else tried listening to Question of the Day? It's... awful. The first episode is spent questioning why anybody would choose to work a 9-5 salaried job. These guys are so far removed from the reality of everyday life for the average person and have no clue.

Haha what? That's the craziest thing I can imagine for a podcast. Was it like, at least an attempt at a genuine talk about the problems that 9-5 jobs can cause like hurting your social life often including family and other very important aspects, or a sedentary lifestyle being harmful or whatever, or was it literally just 'actual jobs whaaaaaaaa why would you do that'?

e: Oh, it's Freakanomics and

quote:

James Altucher is an American hedge fund manager, entrepreneur, bestselling author, and podcaster.[1] He has founded or cofounded over 20 companies, including Reset Inc. and StockPickr and claims to have failed at 17 of them.[2][3][4] He has published 11 books, and is a frequent contributor to publications including The Financial Times, TheStreet.com, TechCrunch, Seeking Alpha, Thought Catalog, and The Huffington Post.[5][6][7] USA Today named his book "Choose Yourself" among the 12 Best Business Books of All Time.[8]

That explains it.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Sep 4, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The hosed up thing is he seems to think it's a PERSONAL slight.

quote:

Advice to young comedians: Doesn't matter how good your poo poo is, if you don't have a TV show and a team of publicists you don't exist.

quote:

ICYMI: the entire media decided that I'm not a famous comedian and my #BernieSanders impression doesn't exist: https://youtu.be/BGRAonpLeQg

Like, yes, how DARE anyone NOT know the legendary Adomian Does Bernie Sanders bit. It's like thinking Chris Rock did Who's on First, really!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Nope

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

This is just fantastic

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I haven't listened to Nerd Poker in ages, is it ending?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Sounds like a good time to relisten to it then.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Riptor posted:

I think they confuse "being able to do a pretty good impression of someone/a type" with "doing a funny character"

Yea it's this. They do a very good old Jewish lady impression, they just don't do anything funny with it, and if I want to listen to an old Jewish lady not be funny while complaining and being a little racist I can just call my nana and ask how she thinks Obama's doing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Work Friend Keven posted:

Your "thing" is appropriating trash haha.

You know I agree Hamilton needs to get more shade just because some of its fans are really weirdly obsessed with the idea that it's some perfect jewel, but I think taking it to 'the negroes and latins need to learn their place away from the white man's theater' is a bit much.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
There is genuinely no nerd community worse than theater nerds

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
For some reason I genuinely thought Pistol Shrimp Radio was a joke, like a fake thing that doesn't exist.

I've never been happier to be wrong

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Drunkboxer posted:

How was Harris's performance?

Stiff!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Speaking of Chris Gethard's old UCB friends, definitely watch this episode of his show to see Paul Scheer and Jason Mantzoukas reminisce/steamroll the poo poo out of him and also to experience the best reveal in TV this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwi_kE0gy94

this is easily the winner for 'thing I needed to see today' for the past few days. This is fantastic and I had no idea it was even a thing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Are you sure he's not saying six to eight?

there's no way he's not saying six to eight

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

EL BROMANCE posted:

I mocked them in this thread ages ago, but I bought some with the offer code from CBB (still expensive, mind) as a birthday present and they were received very gratefully. Not something worth buying for yourself, but make a nice gift as they're fairly unusual.

Yea feels like it's like the Flower site that gets advertised around holidays and all, you order that for others as a neat treat, not really because you're going 'man you know what I want? SOME MOTHERFUCKING BERRIES'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SpacePig posted:

This is seriously one of my favorite ad reads ever. The only one better is for an even stupid product, then Man Grate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnjQKZpmRC0

VPN was an Earwolf jam, right? This belongs here.

"Your dad's still alive, right?"

"No."

"gently caress!"

This may be better than the berries if only because cackling at how stupid it is is pretty much the only reaction "The Man Grate" is worth.