Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Flaskraven posted:

In case you're wondering what artist they're talking about in the latest I4H.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154258777345796&id=73869905795

This makes Daly's Papa John Misty on CBB even funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tatumje posted:

Feral was started by Dustin Marshal, who was one of the first engineers at Earwolf. There was some drama that ended with Dustin leaving Earwolf with bad blood and starting up Feral on his own. Dan Harmon (Director of Community/Rick & Morty) ended up essentially self-funding Feral for a few years, but it seems like the company is doing alright now.

Feral has a lot in common with early Earwolf, but the shows tend to be a bit edgier and focus less on improv. There is a higher concentration of 'regular' writers, actors, and standup comedians on Feral versus Earwolf's near-exclusive focus on UCB-trained improvisers.

Can you elaborate on the leaving/bad blood? I know Dustin was heavily involved in Who Charted, and he and Howard Kremer are still cool and collaborate.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I like it a lot, actually

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tatumje posted:

Is there anyone with more to lose than Kulap if Seeso goes down?

Tim Baltz

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

Scott Aukerman and Matt Besser improvising together, I can imagine it now...

"Alright, everybody get into my office, now!"
"Boss, calm down, you're standing on your desk and swinging your fists at us!"

I've really been enjoying how I4H and Hollywood Handbook have been making a lot of Scotty Auks jokes, especially on I4H making him sound like Rob Schneider's "Makin' Copies" character from SNL.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What episodes were the sitcom episodes for I4H? I want to relisten to them.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

165 OkStupid
166 Deranged Penguin
168 These Fat Crackers: The Final Battle

(Got broken up by 167 being a live show)

Thanks bud.

tnimark posted:

On the latest Never Not Funny Kulap briefly speaks pretty openly about being frustrated with Earwolf and Midroll since they sold to Scripps.

Wasn't this Scott's doing, though?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

piratepilates posted:

Throwing some real shade at Howard Kremer too

So she talked poo poo about Scott, Earwolf and Howard? Did she happen to talk about how terrible Seeso is? Or did she leave that bridge unburned?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

"I killed this lil' five year old dude, he kept sayin', 'Lemme at that Coocoo Brains! Mine! Mine!'...I had to do JUSTICE."

Holy hell, I'm going to listen to this today.

I4H gets mega-props for not being behind the paywall. I don't know if that's from it being Earwolf's blacksheep, or the fact that cheap or free has always been the UCB's motto and Besser won't let that poo poo slide. That and it always having a great cast. If it's a bunch of people I don't know, there's at least one person I know. Plus I always love Matty B

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 6, 2017

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I like the show, but I'm not alone in hating the way Besser says 'humons', am I? Even when it's part of a scene and he's not referencing the show. It's like he knows it will irritate.

I love it because I know it irritates humons.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Work Friend Keven posted:

This is probably the single best moment in I4H history

Is that the same episode where Rusty talks about going scuba diving? Is the Tom Petty bit the one where all the lawyers keep telling him not to be petty?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ArtVandelay posted:

Jess McKenna is the unquestioned MVP of mopes part 2. She kills every scene, especially the lifeguards.

She is a powerhouse on any episode of any podcast she's on. I would not be surprised to hear her voice in a Disney or Pixar film in a few years.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I don't remember the rest of the scene frankly just the part where Matt comes back bummed from the Tom petty concert, Paul asks what's wrong, did someone steal tom pettys beard? And Matt says no that's stupid and then cuts to the Tom petty concert where Paul immediantly plays Tom petty, sings one line, then yells Hey! That guy stole my beard!

Yeah, that's the same sketch. They end up getting lawyers involved to fight over custody of the beard, but the lawyers can't stop telling Tom to not be petty.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah she's quickly become one of my favs.

She gives every character a huge level of sincere enthusiasm for whatever their premise is, and has one of the quickest wits on Earwolf, and an instantly recognizable voice. She's easily a new favorite regular for me and guarantees a download.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The best has always been PFT's character (Garry, maybe?) saying they were going to rap in an "autumnal way".

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Unmerciful posted:

You can get a year of stitcher premium for 90% off with code BATOUR apparently. I just signed up for $3.50 and it says I'm good through August 2018 with the free month up front. Seems like a pretty desperate move on their part but I'm not complaining..

Heads up: This still works

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I love Matt Besser and am ambivalent towards Keven, because it must be sad having nothing to enjoy.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Besser's punk rock musical Stolen Idea launched the first episode today and it's loving good. The last song's really funny. Also, Scotty Auks can actually sing.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

First Paul Rust steals his beard, now this........

Don't be petty.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Chairman Capone posted:

Got tickets to see HDTGM live in Boston. Even if they have a terrible movie and guest, I'm super stoked they're finally doing a live show in a city I can actually reach.

What's a good alternate title to the film, and what is your question?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
After procrastinating on it, I finally gave Teacher's Lounge a chance today.

Had me laughing within 2 minutes.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ArtVandelay posted:

June just got an acting job in Europe and isn't going to be at the HDTGM show in DC next Friday. I desperately want to know what she thinks of Howling II.

I can't believe I'm actually getting there earlier just to watch Howling II with them.

I feel like Zouks is going to be a big fan of the werewolf threesome.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

But 90s pop culture is awful :smith:

Your name is from a piece of 90's pop culture

edit: my bad, it's from '87.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Wait. What's my name from? Some dude said it in a chatroom when I was 13 and I assumed it totally random. This is rocking my worldview.

It's from David Foster Wallace's novel The Broom of the System. The main characters brother is a genius drug dealer with a synthetic leg. If someone wants their college papers written, he tells them to "Feed my leg", which means to put drugs into a drawer in the leg as payment. He says it quite a lot.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

I really enjoyed Raised By TV even though the first episode is just a repeat of the High and Mighty episode of the same name, with Gabrus and Lapkus running scattershot through "Remember this? Remember this?" and only being about television 2/3rds of the time. They have complementary energies.

It's the most candid I've hear Lapkus act. I liked it, and will keep listening.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I feel the most candid lapkis has been is every time she says “gross!” And then doubles down.

Like this?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Laterite posted:

I am enjoying Raised By TV so far. I mean, yeah, it's not super structured and probably not going to run for 500 episodes or anything but it's nice to have something light and fluffy once in awhile. Lapkus and Gabrus have great chemistry and are just so darn affable. I'd put it around JJGo in terms of being something to just sort of half listen to during a commute and enjoy the host's company.

It's pleasant background noise from two comedians I like just chilling. I tune in and say "Oh poo poo, yeah! What was that show with Dave Coulier?" or "They aren't purple monkeys, they were the Purple Parrots and the Green Monkeys." So it's a fun nostalgia romp. I agree, though, that they should get some guests to pop in and share in the nostalgia, and I'm sure they're going to eventually get some awesome call-ins.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s a service with a bunch of fun stuff, but I’ve only found myself listening to Teachers Lounge s1 (which is free on earwolf now anyway) and Andy Dalys CD which I’d heard before anyway. I jumped on that $3/12 months deal so hoping I’ll get into something I couldn’t have elsewhere before it’s up.

I've listened to Stolen Idea, which I liked, and all of the CBB 2016 tour (US, AU, UK), so maybe check those out when you find yourself in need of something.

Plus every episode of WTF comes in handy.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

LesterGroans posted:

Big Grande's The Teacher's Lounge rules.

I've had "Osama's got a golf course in Abbottabad" stuck in my head for days.

I didn't believe the hype but it is unbelievable how funny it is. I love improv where the game/challenge is to make everyone break/laugh.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tacier posted:

Is it me or does Raised By TV have the worst intro theme song of any Earwolf podcast? I’m struggling to think of a less enjoyable one.

It's Lauren Lapkus singing.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

Apparently Stitcher is doing like an official Wolverine mini series thing with Marvel

https://www.wolverinepodcast.com/

This seems silly.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ugly Jabbawockies was a great TL bit that got me

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
drat, Brandon Wardell is incredibly obnoxious on Who Charted.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

Hey if you don't have Stitcher Premium, get it and listen to Teachers Lounge. The Ego Nwodim episode was amazing, and the last two of this "season" took things in such ridiculousnormal directions. I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

I'm only on Season 4, and I'm still hoping Cravey's racist white supremacist illiterate daughter comes back. That was one of my favorite S1 bits.

Teacher's Lounge is so good.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think they put s1 up on regular Earwolf too.

They did. The first season is free to listen to on Earwolf and (I think) Stitcher.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Don't worry everyone, Dustin Marshall is still having a breakdown on Twitter. I guess a friend is changing his passwords for him so he'll stop being weird on public forums.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think it's the best Best Of they've done so far.

I also think this is one of the funniest years in CBB's history, after last year's slump.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Not Operator posted:

Every so often I remember Paul F. Tompkins describing beating Bioshock Infinite on Hard as one of the minor miracles he's performed and chuckle.

This is from Andy Daly's Podcast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Krinkle posted:

Did Comedy Bang Bang have a 2017 tour? I was catching up on the best of 2017 and hearing this story of the genesis of big chunky bubbles and I want to hear that. I can find the 2016 tour on howl but no 2017 one? Did I listen really poorly and they meant that the character came from the 2016 tour?

Those stories are about being on the 2016 tour, which is where BCB was originated and first performed.

(The Mayor Junius Bobbledoonery story is from some Amy Mann tour PFT was working on)