Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Punch Card posted:

3 minutes into the new Affirmation Nation and I'm already laughing like the rear end in a top hat that I am. I love this, and all of you, too!

Edit: Holy poo poo. I could listen to this forever.

Same. Jason plays so well off Seth as Bob it's great. I'm glad that it seems like they're going to include at least one segment of them together in each episode going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Once the Amanda Knox reveal happened I was going they'd go more into that. But they just kind of ignored it after it came up.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Eel hovercraft posted:

Holy poo poo, Lapkus' Dabney ep is brilliant.
In my opinion it was better than the Leykus episode.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

feedmyleg posted:

Same, when it comes to singer/songwriter tastes. It's not even an issue of taste, though - I just don't want to listen to a 3 minute song while I'm in a mood to be more engaged and laugh. I actually like a couple of other improv podcasts better because they just do rapidfire scenes. At least get storytellers on and do it Asssscat style.
What other improv podcasts do you listen to? I'd like to listen to more myself. You Tell It is great but hasn't updated in a month.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I've been listening to Hello From the Magic Tavern since the first week because the guy who plays the wizard is the Captain on a podcast that improvises Star Trek episodes that I listen to. Anyine else listen? I enjoy it.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

As far as I can remember, this is the first HH where either of them actually broke character and it was hilarious.

The whole "Enh, wrong" thing kind of makes me want to post mean things about them so they'll talk about me on their show.

I was also hoping we'd get a edited together version of the song after the episode ended. Produced by Brett!

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Pete Hard is pretty cartoonishly liberal what with his chicken time share, his not watching TV or movies. I'd say he gets to be crazy when they have the liberal guests.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Yes, you should. Hello from the Magic Tavern is great and so is today's I4H.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It's been a lot of fun hearing all my favorite podcasters butcher crème fraîche this month. Blue Apron may want to provide a pronunciation guide with their ad reads.

Also the Canon ad at the end of the podcasts does not make me want to listen to the show.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Can you give us specifics? I don't have time to listen to Never Not Funny right now.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

drainpipe posted:

But you know, Gabrus is actually kinda smart.

He got really real on last week's Wompler podcast during Listler's Love Lockdown about an older couple waiting to have kids and then having trouble conceiving. That part of the show has really evolved to serious heartfelt advice from ridiculous characters.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It seems like it would be a good fit on stitches premium

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Great episode of Hollywood Handbook with Tom and the Burger Mans.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Srice posted:

I only recently dove into Unspooled but I've been liking it a lot. I enjoyed The Canon to some degree but Unspooled is way better + none of the hosts are sexpests. Have they talked about what their plans are once they get through the AFI 100? I'd love for them to keep doing the show with whatever movies they think are interesting enough to dedicate a full episode to.
There's always the episodes that dropped off the list when it was updated in 2007 after the initial list in 1997. And the AFI does have too ten lists of various genres that include movies not on the main list.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Another Simpsons podcast I listen to recently got to the first Al Jean episode of season thirteen. They were very happy to put the Mike Scully years in the rearview.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Today's Gino Lombardo show has Lauren Lapkus as Scott's nephew Todd and it's glorious.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Here's my favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVlQ8kIg7e4
And the sequel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9tvaa7hvz8

You empty 'em dreamcatchers?

Fezz fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 11, 2020

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Killer Survivor bit on this week's Superego

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Just chiming in to say I too don't want another podcast app.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
There's a live call in Gino Lombardo show on YouTube right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry37cs7-wt8

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Yeah, that was a big old yikes today.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Here's a really good interview with Scott:
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/scott-aukerman-comedy-bang-bang-world-interview-podcast/

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
One ticket to Saint Louis. I can't subject my wife to anymore comedy shows after she went to see Kids in the Hall live with me.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Don't worry, it'll go up on a non-Stitcher Premium feed at some point.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Looks like improv4humans is leaving Earwolf. I haven't listened in a long time, but I wish Matt well.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Scott's Christmas Eve story on the new Threedom was wild.

Edit: :argh: Autocorrect

Fezz fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It definitely didn't go where I thought it would and I'm glad Kulap's ok. Us 41 year olds born in 1979 have to stick together.