Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The Ape of Naples posted:

So wait, I haven't checked it out yet but is Howl an iOS app only? Can I listen to eps on my Macbook?

They apparently have a Web player.

I read the press release and if the archives are truly remastered and ad free, then that warms me up a bit on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

This really should have waited until they had a premium rss feed and android app ready. As it is, there is still no promise for a rss feed.

Archive stuff still isn't clear, Auckerman on the forums said that everything >6 months would be app only, but earwolf just tweeted out that archives with ads would still be on their Web page and your Ios app, because they think everyone has an iPhone.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

VagueRant posted:

So now if I want to introduce someone to, say, Comedy Bang Bang - I can't point them to the Best Ofs or any other classic episodes anymore?

:smith:

This is the biggest irritant to me. I've turned on a bunch of people to CBB, RSS, etc and I do it by playing them clips. Can't do that now, except for youtube, but i'm sure Midroll Media, a division of Scripps Entertainment, will be squashing the gently caress out of those clips.

They put out Scott to answer questions on this today and it did not go well, because he's not the guy to be answering technical poo poo or give answers people don't want to hear. They must have figured that people would cut him slack.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

tnimark posted:

Where did this Q&A happen? I had a quick scan of the earwolf forums but I couldn't see it there.

http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/25100-questions-for-scott-re-howl/

It's in the CBB section

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Website security coming soon

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

Is there not a good way to just set this type of thing up with RSS feeds? Serious question, I don't know much about how RSS feeds work. I'd much prefer just having a premium RSS feed that I could use with my Howl username & password in the apps I already use. Hell, I don't even want the no-ad option for shows like HH, Spontaneanation and CBB as they're usually entertaining, I just want my stuff all in a central location.

Wrestling Observer is run by a man that goes to the apple store whenever he needs tech help, and they are able to make premium RSS feeds work. Earwolf could easily make them but I am betting they decided not to for business reasons. How can they change how you experience content when you just use a feed!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Besser's great idea was the 25 point hoop way above the normal basket.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Oh are they reviewing Shark Tank on HH now?

Ehhhhh I don't think so

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The Ape of Naples posted:

I suppose. Personally, as audio engineer I could not walk away from a session. Those guys have such a sweet gig.

Maybe, do we know what they get paid? The luster of working with top comedians probably wears off after a while.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Just now listened to the Besser HH and it was incredible. Can't believe they would try to take his 4 away.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ugh that's bad luck for the boys, they were just coming off Spont :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

Finally gotten over the HH hump and now it's my most anticipated podcast of the week. I feel bad that I was of the numerous fans that took a huge number of episodes to completely fall in love.

Glad you finally got up on that.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

cams posted:

sean and hayes show up and completely take over, so it was worth it.

Yeah it's good once they show up. For the first 10 minutes I was sure one of the guys was Mantzoukas putting on a voice.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

It's never tool ate to listen to Mike Detective, it's the greatest.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

gently caress you, Mr Scripps!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

20 minutes into this week's HH and it's loving amazing.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

That's gotta be Hayes, because that's the look of a man who is completely unconcerned about responding to Sean's texts.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Please give one of us the rose, and know that it will likely be the end of the show.

RSS was great.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah, each ep has their good parts but it's been dragging overall. Of the last 10 eps, only 3 of them had guests I had ever heard of, and Wild Horses was just kind of a mess with so many people. Hopefully it's just a lull.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Greggy posted:

the skeleton king is my favorite

His origin story still gives me chills.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

It needs to stop, I hung out the side of my best friend's ride that ONE TIME and I'm on the list forever, it's bullshit.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I like when they had the Bachelorette lady on and they asked her to give one of them a rose, while conceding that it would cause the end of the show.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I am a week behind, but the laundromat story is just peak Sean. Does anyone remember what episode his story about the guy getting beat up outside the concert was from?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The Matt Gourley Is Our Guest Podcast

It's one episode and it's very awkward

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I loved RSS, but it probably helps to have some exposure to the reality shows they are talking about.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Amazing ep, and Chef Kevin with the strong closer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Terror Sweat posted:

Is it really that much of a dealbreaker to charge more for tickets? Do they serve alcohol at these things? Pay your goddamn staff

It might be, I mean you are going out to watch amateur improv. I don't know how much the average ticket is, but I doubt people would be willing to pay a lot.