Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Speaking of producing game, Cyrus has been KILLING IT with Gelmania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Yeah it really ought to be a video podcast; playing along with the clips is basically essential.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

The camel spider specifically was one of the original "goons freaking out about spiders" threads. http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=638

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

Ahahaha I'd almost put money on this being a Fatman video.

This was my first thought as well. If it isn't fatman barfing on himself in the tub, I'll be damned

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

This is fantastic. June is the best.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Chelsea Peretti's brother is the CEO of Buzzfeed -- was she trying to bring down CBB to further her own 'dcast??? :tinfoil:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Nemo posted:

If you liked the "We figured it out" segments from Gelmania, then you'll like Hollywood Handbook.

This is the connection I've been trying to make through every Hollywood Handbook I've listened to so far. The tone is almost exactly the same.

There's supposed to be a new Gelmania soon and I can't wait :shobon:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

That loving guy. Incredible, incredible, incredible.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Brock Samson posted:

This is an awful idea financially for them. Poor Matt.

I don't see how. They have an existing fanbase that has proven it's willing to give them money for the show--they always provide these ridiculous bonus packages every season because people actually buy them. There will of course be people dropping off now that they don't have to pay, but I think that number will be smaller than you expect. Or to put it differently, I think the amount of people that still want to pay will be higher than you expect (I just signed up for the next two seasons :clint:).

To say nothing of the benefits of expanding their audience, which is of course where the real opportunity for growth is (both subscriptions and advertising). I think it's a very good move on their part.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

anotherone posted:

I don't remember the episode that well, was the Irish poet character a psychopath? I feel like maybe he was suicidally depressed but not actively a mass-murderer, is that right? What about the German traveller? Pretty sure he was coming to the US to commit suicide on the Hollywood sign, but I don't think he had killed anyone.

I'm just trying to remember in my head if Andy Daly has any characters who aren't serial killers.

If Nine Sweaters is canon, the Irish poet made an elderly woman eat her own cat in a soup, and beat nearly to death the father of a little girl that rode her tricycle on his driveway too many times. The German traveler did indeed only aspire to set himself on fire while tied to the Hollywood sign, but he was going to tie himself to an annoying dog that lived near Paul F. Tompkins I think. I haven't listened to these in a long rear end time.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

FitFortDanga posted:

Thanks. I was worried that I'd made a horrible mistake by avoiding Superego all this time, but that's definitely not my kind of show

nope you're still making a horrible mistake :belarus:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

It reminds me of that old rear end B&W headshot of Howard Kremer. Couldn't be headshottier.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Well, as a moral being I guess I have to bid a sincere but firm farewell to The Hollywood Hamdbook. No way am I doing the other thing.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

jakefogelnest posted:

If Banksy were my thoughts about Jeff Ulrich, he would be called "Thanksy."

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

The Ape of Naples posted:

Edit: Removing content. If this childish bullshit helps you sleep at night then congrats.

EDIT: VVV not really. I just was tired of childish bullshit.

lol

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

88 Minutes is one of my favorite episodes, but it does hinge on how much you like Pete Holmes.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

arsachs posted:

The frank discussion that exists on this forum is valuable to me and the rest of the management team.

Get a load of this square, everybody! "Valuing" our "content" with his "brand strategies" and "core competencies"! Let your hair down and get dirty with us. Get straight up filthy with us. It's what cool CEOs are doing these days. (PS. sup)

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Hahaha, weird, apparently that guy made a couple movies set in my tiny rear end city and performs (performed?) here a bunch. I should go to open mics more often :nyoron:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

A podcast network specifically for discussing other media? Greggy's show is a natural fit. Frankly it should be the flagship. Adam Sachs get in here and let's talk turkey.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

why the gently caress doesn't Gene Shalit have a podcast

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Surface

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

don't call me daughter

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Jesus. That's so sad.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Fieryspork posted:

I haven't listened to this yet but

k

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Milk Argument

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Beeez posted:

"hilariously"

Sarcastic quote marks.... drat.... can I try.... "Yowza, this guy's a fresh, heavy hitter, comedy-wise. I better listen to the opinions ."

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

The Black List Table Reads just debuted with Paul Scheer, Jason Mantzoukas, Lauren Lapkus, Matt Walsh, and others reading some apparently infamous script called "BALLS OUT". It's pretty funny so far.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

HH fans might be interested in this:

http://dontgetmestarted.libsyn.com/sean-clements-the-mountain-goats

Sean was a guest on Will Hines podcast and there's some surprising stuff in there. (He used to have a drug problem)

This was a nice listen, thanks for posting it! It's disarming hearing everyone be so nakedly earnest but also really refreshing.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

ah gently caress it, please pay attention to me. I like it when people talk about me, good or bad. I'm a big big weenie about computer terms. And I mean terminology, not terminals, like old computers, ha ha. Ah gently caress

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

The best PFT laugh in The Travel Bug is when August mentions the Unsinkable Molly Brown museum where you can learn about how she didn't die on a boat. In my personal opinion. No flame wars please

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH1Zaef7XXA&t=145s

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

i4h is loving crazy good today

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Ronna and Beverly are good lived-in characters and their aggressive interview style makes for a lot of interesting and funny conversations with their guests. Underrated podcast in my pretty humble opinion.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

This is the last anyone's said about it afaik

https://m.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3gr6ba/we_are_tom_scharpling_and_jon_wurster_from/cu0qzxw

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I'm going to call the cops on this thread in a second if yall can't shut up about your boring opinions, in my opinion.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Why cookie Rocket posted:

everyone trying to white knight their podcast waifu.

:iamafag:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Yeah, that's an all-time great HH for sure. On fire from start to finish.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Not a huge surprise but the new Chris Gethard Earwolf show is really really good. The first episode is one of the best podcasts I've ever listened to.

You're not kidding, that first episode was a ride and a half. Gethard is like a magician.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Yeah don't judge someone for overreacting to something, you bunch of overreacting crank yankers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Speaking of Chris Gethard's old UCB friends, definitely watch this episode of his show to see Paul Scheer and Jason Mantzoukas reminisce/steamroll the poo poo out of him and also to experience the best reveal in TV this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwi_kE0gy94