Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Well, I have a hangup about holding on to too much stuff. And since I'm perpetually 5 to 25 hours behind on podcasts I haven't listened to yet (not to mention the hundreds of hours of music I've acquired and not listened to yet) it's very unlikely that I'm ever going to carve out some time to re-listen to old podcasts.

I like that you have folders for "other", "stuff" and "things" though. Must be very subtle distinctions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

ManoliIsFat posted:

He likes some real cool garagey stuff but overall, ya kind of an old guy.

Well he is actually kind of an old/middle aged guy.

I delete all my podcasts immediately after listening. I'm not too concerned about earwolf suddenly dying.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I pretty much listen to Earwolf podcasts on the website, obviously thats weird.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I also do that. I only subscribe because I figure it might serve as a show of support for shows I like.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
It's because of people like you that Reality Show Show was cancelled! :argh:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zsinjeh posted:

Good. Hollywood Handbook is way better.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

But what happens when Hollywood Handbook gets cancelled? :smith:

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Zsinjeh posted:

Who, me? How so?

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Help Im Alive posted:

We all give up on everything.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Help Im Alive posted:

Hollywood Handbook can't get canceled. If it ends it will be because Hayes and Sean have shared everything there is to know about kicking butt and dropping names in the red carpet lined back hallways of the industry they call showbiz, and all of us in the popcorn gallery have jobs making all of the movies and TV.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Poopy Palpy posted:

Hollywood Handbook can't get canceled. If it ends it will be because Hayes and Sean have shared everything there is to know about kicking butt and dropping names in the red carpet lined back hallways of the industry they call showbiz, and all of us in the popcorn gallery have jobs making all of the movies and TV.

I mean unless you live in one of those backwards loving flyover states.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

FitFortDanga posted:

The August Lindt episode may be the best podcast I've ever heard. I always delete podcasts when I'm done but this one I'm thinking of saving. Also, H.R. Giger needs to show up on CBB, if not have his own show.

Do you want to gasm to my black licorice hammock?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTEJLCgamos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_T5T0PPY94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5pj7g9DfdM
http://vimeo.com/34396923

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Thanks. I was worried that I'd made a horrible mistake by avoiding Superego all this time, but that's definitely not my kind of show

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

FitFortDanga posted:

Thanks. I was worried that I'd made a horrible mistake by avoiding Superego all this time, but that's definitely not my kind of show

nope you're still making a horrible mistake :belarus:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The Grizzly Man stuff and especially "Why couldn't we listen to the tape? Did he say the n-word?" might be the hardest I've laughed at the Podcast Pilot Project so far. Holy poo poo.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

FitFortDanga posted:

You are weird and bad and wrong but I sincerely hope you get better :sympathy:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Should I listen to Lindt's CBB episode before the pilot if I've never heard it before?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Max22 posted:

Should I listen to Lindt's CBB episode before the pilot if I've never heard it before?

Nope. You don't really have to. He basically explains whats going on for those who don't know.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Max22 posted:

You should just because it's really funny but you won't miss out on anything if you don't.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

tnimark posted:

You are weird and bad and wrong but I sincerely hope you get better :sympathy:

Eh, I dunno if Conduit's clips are representative of the show as a whole, but they don't sound like they're having much fun. It sounds too planned and scripted, even though I know it's improvised. I like something looser. If I've gotten the wrong impression, then maybe I'll check out a full episode.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

FitFortDanga posted:

Eh, I dunno if Conduit's clips are representative of the show as a whole, but they don't sound like they're having much fun. It sounds too planned and scripted, even though I know it's improvised. I like something looser. If I've gotten the wrong impression, then maybe I'll check out a full episode.

Yeah it sounds like it might not be for you since it's edited specifically to tighten it up. But the HR Giger sketches are "wind up Matt Gourley and watch him go" sketches (see also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01IiOhqny_g), which I love, but they're basically just Gourley saying poo poo that makes no sense but is hilarious. Something like the Brown Squadron sketches are more of an ensemble thing, and probably more representative of the show, albeit the show at its best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k-IgxNOpCg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi4pmEQriAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRGC7CyeIC0

If those still don't tickle your fancy, then yeah it's probably just not for you.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
It is improvised but it's also heavily edited so it definitely doesn't have the same 'in the moment' feeling that CBB has, which is probably why you're getting that scripted vibe. I'm sure I've read that each half hour episode comes from a couple of hours of recorded material.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

"Yeah, the flat plane thingies are engines.

Suck a cock..."

I have a feeling it won't be long until I talk myself into buying those old SuperEgo episodes, now.

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

"That's a wonderful bruise, very evocative of broken blood vessels"

"yes, it hurts to make, hurts to keep, imma gonna die soon"

I swear every episode could be its own show, I hope the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project never ends

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
If you can believe what an idiot I am, I was sipping a hot coffee while listening to the new ADPPP on my drive home tonight. Nearly died twice.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

While we're cumming hard over Andy Daly I want to give a special shout out to the theme song. It's loving catchy as all hell.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Zsinjeh posted:

While we're cumming hard over Andy Daly I want to give a special shout out to the theme song. It's loving catchy as all hell.

It's catchy to the point that the intro and outro to the commercials using it makes me sad that it ends so abruptly.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

JethroMcB posted:

I have a feeling it won't be long until I talk myself into buying those old SuperEgo episodes, now.

Totally worth it, superego is one of my top 3 podcasts (CBB second and DLM/NNF tied) and I still relisten to the old eps.

In my opinion, season 1 is weaker than the others (but still worth it) so you might want to try later episodes.

Also, I've bought the live eps. They're great, but fair warning: they're like 35-40 min. long total.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007
Also chiming in that the last Andy Daly episode was at another level completely, I don't think I've laughed as hard at anything Earwolf's released before. The final third with his family was great but there's a ton of great moments, like Sarge the Garbage Barge at Large.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

August really pulled out all of the stop

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

"Guess where we are!"

I'm going to be so sad when this run of shows is over.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Who voiced the children? The only one I'm sure of is that Gunter is Gourley.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
I think Kevin was Besser? He was doing one of them, just not sure on the names.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Kevin was the one who sat on the cat and went "oomp pa pa" a lot, I believe the third one was Gretta, which I guess must have been PFT but I really couldn't hear it.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

FitFortDanga posted:

you give me sufferrings. ohhhh

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

Kevin was the one who sat on the cat and went "oomp pa pa" a lot, I believe the third one was Gretta, which I guess must have been PFT but I really couldn't hear it.

This is correct.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Andy Daly has elevated podcasting to a new level of art.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Most of the best parts have been talked about, but "Who's Been Closest to Skokie?" was hilarious.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
If only they'd had a theme song ready for "Where Has Not The Pope Gone?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

Most of the best parts have been talked about, but "Who's Been Closest to Skokie?" was hilarious.
I've been to Skokie.....sooo.....that's pretty close I guess.

To use a cliché; that part killed me