Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

LesterGroans posted:

Even though I watch like zero percent of the shows they talk about I really, really like The Reality Show Show.

I also love that show. The hosts work so well together out of the gate for this podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
Yeah it's pretty obvious which ads are referral based, Ting/Stamps.com/Tonx etc., where they can go completely bonkers with the ad delivery. I think it's hilarious.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

Either way that guy will definitely regret being a part of that podcast sometime in the future when somebody involved in the show hears it.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

Beeez posted:

That's funny, I thought I could sense some annoyance on that Jay Mohr episode coming from Besser, but I thought I might've been imagining things when no one else mentioned it.

Besser loves to bitch, if you haven't figured that out yet I don't know what to tell you. I find it entertaining, and not in a hokey lewis black sort of way.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

drainpipe posted:

Hollywood Handbook: An insider's guide to kicking butt and dropping names in the red-carpet-lined back hallways of this industry we call showbiz has a section on the Earwolf website: http://www.earwolf.com/show/hollywood-handbook/

First episode will be on Tuesday!

There's a preview clip!
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/hollywood-handbook-preview-clip/

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

I wonder if those are representative of the itunes #s? I have a feeling those make those numbers insignificant.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

If anyone doesn't know who natasha leggero is, they should check out her new youtube series called tubbin' with tash. Just wouldn't suggest watching it at work y'all: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UClgdcwt143fFmpRxTLRWrcQ

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

Ladies and gents, I present future harris wittels: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/cops-reel-phish-fans?page=11

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

Hey Fogelnest I liked your show this week. Everything is terrible! is truly a treasure.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

Heh, chump change compared to the premium version of hollywood handbook.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

Dark Weasel posted:

This guy on Professor Blastoff today is pretentious as hell and I wish him nothing but failure

Really? I think it's super cool when people talk about their IQ and memorize poems to sound cultured at parties.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

YES http://earwolf.com/dalton/

Edit: PFT cracking up in the background, this episode is already the best.

The musical guests were really talented too. Real quality show!

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

Yeah seeing those book pictures in the store just makes me wish I could really buy it.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

soggybagel posted:

I liked the first U2 talking to me. Although I honestly wished they talked about War just a bit more since I genuinely love that album.

Adam Scott Aukerman in the studio, late night, in a warm (farty) room is always goofy and good.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

His new dad character was so god drat good too.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

Tacier posted:

The new "U Talkin U2 To Me" is out and so far they're mostly talking about Scritti Politti.

I loved Harris Wittels icing them on not knowing the drummer's name. god that killed me

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

Here is what I imagine Don Dimello's favorite soul song to be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CejaCa6Eewc

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

LockHeart posted:

Not the biggest fan of Howard's guest today.

Yeah I don't really subscribe to the tumblr cult of PC but he came off to me as a racist and dickhead.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

Drunkboxer posted:

They're called films ok. Have some respect.

Loving movies sounds like a podcast that would be hosted by a number 2 High Times ranked pot comedian.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

IMO it's the best episode yet.

I think all the crap Besser talks about with regards to exceptional long-form improv applied here. I feel like I especially picked up on when he talked about escalating scenes, and how it can be taken to great places without the characters themselves becoming completely unreasonable.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

Brian Eno's music is awesome and him being a sourpuss to U2 makes him even greater in my mind.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

crimedog posted:

Keeping in mind that I like HH, I think the problem is that they're not making fun of specific movies and TV shows. In an earlier episode, they tear into the Don Juan trailer and it's great. They just don't do that kind of thing often enough.

That's true. Movie oriented podcasts can have large followings, and they certainly have a niche style to offer.

I miss the sincerity that came through in RSS. Also Antigua and monster trucks.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

Yes them analyzing the fargo TV show was amazing.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

tnimark posted:

U2 have always been the epitome of bland, boring pop/rock to me so I always find it hilarious when Scott and Scott talk about the U2 songs that 'transcend' rock music or whatever. Also, this is legitimately one of my favourite podcasts.

I'm hoping the change of format will be to a dad-rock podcast. I want the Scotts to say Steely Dan albums in a silly way, maybe REM lyrical analysis, howard kremer guesting on a Springsteen or Tom Petty ep?

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

Drunkboxer posted:

The problem is PFTs podcast is already that basically.

Matt Gourley is a genius though, and likely an integral part to the success of the andy daly series. I think PFT's podcast could using some wrangling and once reined in could be great too.

Hollis Brown fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 8, 2014

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

Frankenfinger posted:

Am I losing my mind?! Where the hell was my dicks and butts super cut?!

Holy poo poo. I better see the head of an engineer Cody on a pike for this, preferably engineer Cody Cody.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

soggybagel posted:

Was funny to hear Besser lose an argument and struggle to claw back.

Especially because the caller kept running him over due to the audio issue. I bet he was pissed.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

I thought it was funny they mocked themselves as gonzo journalists but I think it's true in a respectable way.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

I started listening to jordan jesse go because someone in here mentioned that if you like background guffawing to check it out. It delivers.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

GraPar posted:

That letter Besser read from his distant relative was goddamn terrifying. That guy is going to steal Besser's skin.

It interpreted it as mostly entitled baby boomer with inability to communicate effectively.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

A shame, because their Cards Against Humanity ads were the only funny thing that game has ever been associated with

One time I was at a party where people where playing this and the only black guy in the room explained to a bunch of nerds that the jokes on the cards were about genocide in rwanda

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

I want Earwolfman Jack to be Earwolf's actual branding so I can get a mug already (nobody mention fuckin' t-shirts at this point in time).

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Howard doesn't waste his time on Reddit, he's too busy laying down some serious pipe.

God I loved that ep. Working out and laying pipe . I need to get my life in order.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

lol if you don't walk past homeless people and contribute to passion projects on kickstarter.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

I think if I grew up with crap like this around the house I would end up a weirdo too. It's just the way he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

Not improv but Zach Woods is funny on Silicon Valley.