Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

nachos posted:

It’s been 5 days of potty training and I’m not sure what to do because she just holds her pee and screams until there’s an accident. Then she feels bad about it but isn’t motivated to go to the potty next time because it’s another stressor. Yesterday some pee actually went in the toilet but today is just flat out refusal to do anything. She’s almost 3 but I feel like we need to just try again in a couple months

Yeah only one of my kids was fully potty trained by their third birthday, it's a good goalpost but nbd if the kid doesn't quite hit it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Ponyo is a big hit in our house, all those sea creatures swimming around

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

wizzardstaff posted:

Ponyo is why my kid will occasionally refuse to eat anything but instant noodles.

See that's better than demanding a magic full course buffet that turns you into a hog.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Panfilo posted:

We told our kids the more stuff they give away, the more stuff they'll probably get for Xmas so they visited themselves filling bags of old toys yesterday.

I'm surprised Amazon doesn't have a "troll your sister in law" section of kid's toys-you know, the type with 5000 pieces that you'll be stepping on barefoot for the next six months, which emit obnoxious licensed cartoon songs which cannot easily be silenced and will make your kids crave that hit of consumerism for years to come.

We gave my sister in law recorders many years ago before we had kids, she just retaliated by giving our kids some very loud instruments.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Alarbus posted:

Wait is this for the 2yo, or the people that don't get that a 2yo is gonna 2yo?

Yes

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Dobbs_Head posted:

The economics are super frustrating. My wife and I make really good incomes even for our HCOL area, but even so 3 kids will stretch us financially.

Some things I factor in to that calculation is that childcare costs do ease with public schooling, there is like 10 to 15 years before college, our incomes have generally risen over the last 5-10 years, and once the kids are adults they start pulling more of their own financial weight. It still sucks to be so squeezed at this stage of life.

What the hell is the point of money but to enable families?

Heck, nowadays they can start working at McDonalds at 13 or 14 so they'll start contributing 5 years sooner. If that's part of your economic analysis.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

A Bad King posted:

We're going for number 3. Oh god.

So elated. So terrified.

Someone please let me know their experience with three gremlins two years apart or near to it. I need affirmation that we can do it. I'm just so darn tired with just two!!!

My kids are now 12, 10 and 8 and I must say that the hardest jump was still 0 to 1. On kid three you've already got the routines down, you're not so terrified of accidentally, I don't know, scarring the kid forever because you lost his pacifier or whatever. I mean, yes, it's still harder because the oldest kid is now 4 and wants to run off into the unknown while you're juggling a baby and a toddler and they also outnumber you now so they are the ones who can divide and conquer instead of you, but every once in a while you'll see all three of them playing together quietly and your heart will just melt and your brain will say "go get some sleep" and you'll wake up and there's bright orange paint all over the kitchen when you wake up 5 minutes later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Rufio posted:

About three weeks after my toddler had it, all his toenails fell off. HFM is a horrible virus. Good luck.

Did you leave them under the pillow for the toenail fairy?