Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theratking
Jan 18, 2012

remigious posted:

I’m sorry to be a downer but I need some perspective… how the gently caress do you feel with people that insist that climate change is going to kill us all in 30 years and it’s irresponsible to have kids? How do you not also succumb to that way of thinking :smith:

Ask the person who they think should (be allowed to) have kids. I feel like this kind of thinking taken to the extreme ends up being weirdly genocidal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theratking
Jan 18, 2012
Anything we should try to mitigate cold-induced diarrhea in a 9 month old besides like, bananas? The diarrhea is super annoying because she gets diaper rash pretty easily from it.

theratking
Jan 18, 2012
We always clip nails during feeds when the baby is distracted. It only turned to cries for us when we hosed up and clipped some skin.

theratking
Jan 18, 2012
If you use butt paste I highly recommend a spatula. I was skeptical but it makes the experience so much less messy. They sell special diaper cream spatulas for like $5.

theratking
Jan 18, 2012

sheri posted:

You could also just buy some disposable gloves

Never actually tried this but it sounds way worse than a spatula. I can probably apply diaper cream and wipe down the spatula in the time it takes me to just put on disposable gloves, but I also have extremely clammy hands so YMMV.

theratking
Jan 18, 2012
I went with a skinny car seat, the Graco slimfit that fits 3 in a row because we have a small car (Honda fit) and it's nice to be able to be able to realistically have 2 adults in the back with the car seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theratking
Jan 18, 2012
My 2yo has started screaming "all done crying!" Over and over during most crying episodes. Funny how we _all_ wish it were true including her!