Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Just checked The Loading Bar Facebook pager and Jason's page, man this sucks. :(
I hope they get a new site to work with. At least they'll do the TLB E3 show.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ It hasn't been made official yet, but it will soon.

[LIVE EDIT]: Korey is hosting his Spill Live Call In Show, he is dealing with the flack happening with the cancellation.

A blog post from Caitlin on the sidebar is kinda explaining things a bit better:

quote:

Okay I wanna say this about the whole Loading bar getting canceled situation. Yes I'm sad Loading Bar is canceled. Jason has stated that he and Jeff will still be doing the Loading Bar. It just won't be associated with Spill.com anymore. Or be called the Loading Bar. I want Jason and Jeff to know I support them fully. They are amazing, funny, and talented guys who I know will be able to go really far with whatever they chose to do.

I'm not angry really about Loading Bar being canceled. I know that can't have been an easy call for Korey to make. I know he wouldn't have done it if he had a choice. I lay the blame for this on Hollywood.com. What I AM mad about however is how people are treating Korey. No one deserves to get death threats over a canceled show. Everyone I'm begging you to act like adults. Show that we are loyal MATURE fans. We are better then the death threats. Feel free to show your disapproval of the decision but do it in a classy matter.

This isn't the end of the world and honestly I think this is for the best. Loading Bar didn't get the attention it deserved from spill.com not because of spill.com itself but because of Hollywood.com. They were constantly put at the bottom of the page and weren't getting the proper funding. With this I think that Jeff and Jason will be able to do bigger and better things with Loading Bar. It will take some time but as long as we give them our support I know they will be able to do it.

Again please no death threats I beg of you. No one deserves such things.Spill.com you still have my love. I'll still be attending Spill.con. I know spill will bounce back from this.

Keep it classy,

Cailtin

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
The hell. :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Seriously, the site can't sustain itself this way.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Now if Leon is gone, what happens to the Original Gentlemen, or will that be scrapped as well.

RTX will be pretty depressing, since The Loading Bar are up first.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Just checked Cyrus' Facebook page, he's calling for people not to abandon Spill, as people's livelihood are at stake:

quote:

Please, PLEASE, folks. Stop talking about abandoning Spill because of all the crappy stuff that was announced today. Yes, it was out of our control. But I and several other people still very much depend on the site for our living and we are determined to one way or another continue delivering great content. Abandoning the site isn't a message sent to the masters in the sky so much as it is putting the remainder of our living in serious danger. Show your support for us, the people who still work there, by checking out whatever happens next.

I'll also be moving at least one of my shows to a different site (albeit with a different name and altered format) and I'll be sure to tell you guys the deets as soon as I know them.

So it sounds like The Original Gentlemen / LEOG may live on in another format. Some good news, no matter how small.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I wouldn't expect the Untitled Billy and Korey Show to last too long either.

Man, this is a sad day. Long live a good chunk of the site!

[EDIT]: Korey says they will post up a recording of the Live Call In Show soon for people who couldn't listen to it live, basically all the calls were about the changes, job losses and cancellations.

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 23, 2013

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I presume they wanted to announce these cancellations in phases, like on Sunday with the Loading Bar Live Call In Show or similar, but one leak caused everyone else to announce it.

I really do hope they can find another website to host them and allow them to continue their stellar podcasts. The fact that Leon would still do ACOCO and The Loading Bar will still do RTX shows how dedicated they are to their fans and their shows.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Yeah, I was listening to some of it, he didn't sound pleased himself. He was trying to let people know that it was out of his hands etc.

The recording will be up soon enough hopefully and then we'll see just how bad things look.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
The Live Call In Show Explanation is available for download. http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/spill-live-call-in-show-april-6-2013-1

quote:

There have been a lot of emotions and speculation surrounding recent events on Spill. I was waiting for a better time to discuss the matter but circumstances being what they are I had to do it sooner. Let me also add that there has been misinformation from all sides coming forth, making our situation appear extremely gloomy. That is not the case. In the short term it's not ideal, but in the long term it is very optimistic. I hope this helps. Thanks.

- Korey

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 24, 2013

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Nothing mentioned on his feeds, but we can only presume he'll be on reviews. Yep. :(

Listening to the Explanation now, man Korey is so upset over it all, he's actually in tears. I would not like to be that guy, having to lay off his friends.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
A post on the Sidebar on the site just caught my eye:

quote:

"Just heard Billy was let go. No more BK Deluxe! *sob*"

This can't be happening. :(

[Live Edit]: FungusMonkey has posted up the changes going on. Basically everything is being put on haitus / cancelled.

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/changes-on-spill

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 24, 2013

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Korey mentioned in The Explanation that he was trying those Email animations to try shake things up. It's a mess right now and no one is sure what's happening anymore.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Korey was saying in The Explanation that he may have a Live Call In Show everyday to try deal with this, i.e. help people through it, explain the changes etc.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
No, during The Explanation, Korey was just so physically upset on having to do it all, and he still had more meetings that day. It wasn't randomly crying.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Oh, sorry. I didn't actually know.

This sucks all round, the Fast & The Furious review might have been the last review before the shake up. They seem so happy in it.

[EDIT]: On an interesting side note, Kayla has made a FundRazr account for Jeff, Jason and Brian.

Here's the link, not sure what's the rules on post fundraising / kickstarter websites, so you can see if they make it to the $4,000:

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/fWFWb?psid=47b21031ce764aa0945a7e1d5412290f

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 24, 2013

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
It thought Leon was only staying on for the ACOCO's. The latest one is also discussing the new changes.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
With how stressed and busy Korey was before, how can he manage devoting at least an hour each day to these daily spills. Maybe mix it up, get in Co Host with Cyrus or something.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

bowser posted:

The Loading Bar is back (with a new name)

Hells yeah. Hopefully they'll get an offer sooner or later. They are about $3,200 up on their Fundrazr Account.

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/fWFWb?psid=47b21031ce764aa0945a7e1d5412290f

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I've gotten used to Jason at this stage, it's a shame we won't hear Nicky Poo any time soon. :britain:

The Loading Bar Rage Select also released a Questions and Answers video explaining what they can't use at the moment (Hollywood.com / Spill.com own) and their plans for the future.

List of things gone / unavailable:

Professor Jeff (Character name)
Red Dead Ridiculous Series
Garfieldius!!!
The Loading Bar name (Hollywood.com / Spill.com own)

New things to come:
Website - Rageselect.com (coming next week - they hope)
Special Guests
A video a day (they hope to build up an archive on their website)
May have Nick Hodges (Nicky Poo) on for a Happy Hour Let's Play soon
May have Kevin on for a Happy Hour Let's Play when he is available
Possible call in show using Google online chat system - possibly allows calls / voicechat from around the world
New Playthroughs of shorter games
Reviews
Much more!

Here's the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX8xz8FCiT4

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jun 4, 2013

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
They are looking for suggestions on what to call their LP's, just post a comment to their latest LP. They know calling it an LP will lead to it getting lost in the shuffle.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Jeff and Jason have finally gotten up their own website, https://rageselect.com, where they have some reviews, podcasts, videos and will show their E3 coverage on the site.

Now we can never mention them again and focus on Spill.com. I'm impressed with how much content both Spill and RageSelect are putting out over the past 2 weeks.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
gently caress, this is the worst kind of news to wake up to. I was sad when The Loading Bar, LEOG and the few other bits were lost. I was hoping they could bounce back but I guess Hollywood.com were losing too much on it. If I remember corretly that website had losses too.

I hope the guys find another home like Jeff and Jason did with RageSelect. Sad days ahead. :(

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
On the latest Korey and Martin show, Korey said that Tony (aka Co-Host 3000) wanted to do his own thing for a while, like spend time with his family etc.

Korey also stressed that the money was to help run the new site for a year, that it would be for the new equipment, wages, hosting etc. They've only done a bare estimate, so to have Billy on or even Tony back, they would need more.

Korey is planning on doing a 24 hour live stream with special guests to raise more money towards the end of the Kickstarter date. Martin said he'd make an appearance, more details will be made available soon.

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jan 4, 2014

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I can get behind that. Been listening to their podcasts on Soundcloud and I wish they had their website up soon.

I'm not sure I'll have enough time to check out One of Us, RageSelect and soon DoubleToasted every day. No one has that much free time.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
This might as well be the final post on this thread, but Doubletoasted.com will go live on July 4th or 5th. It will however have a subscription system, so certain reviews, podcasts and the live streams will be behind a paywall. So you will you may be paying a lot in order to fully enjoy OneofUs.net, RageSelect.com and Doubletoasted.com.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
They had mentioned it on a recent Sunday Service. The idea is that they will have a number of shows during the week, then stuff like the Live Show or Call In Show will be behind the Paywall. I have a feeling they're going with the One of Us model, which I find really off putting, to say the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Turns out I got my dates wrong...

DoubleToasted.com goes live on July 1st! :toot:

Get kinda hyped!

[EDIT]: Site Report - https://www.doubletoasted.com finally went up and it seems like they've laid out a pretty hectic schedule for themselves:

• Sunday: Sunday Service Live
  • Monday: Audiocast (Spoiler talk)
  • Tuesday: Roast & Toast Live
  • Wednesday: Movie Review Live
  • Thursday: Audiocast (Spoiler talk)
  • Friday: Movie Review(s)
  • Saturday: Day of Rest

They've also have the Forums set up and Korey might move up to having people work on animation for some of their best bits. It seems to be coming along. I only hope the paywall isn't too intrusive.

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jul 2, 2014

• Locked thread