Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

rear end posted:

Just wanted to say thank you to the developers for continuing to maintain this app.
:same: :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Images and other types of links still don't display correctly in the lepers colony

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

pwn posted:

Blame Lowtax for indiscriminately using Announcements for both serious forums stuff and also his vacation plans, then
Well, yeah. A toggle option for that display would be nice, because he certainly doesn't look to be stopping. One is plausible and one isn't, and all that.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
How do you upload as attachments to the forum?

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

carry on then posted:

It's an interesting idea, but not really any faster than what we have to do anyway.

The real problem isn't necessarily the tab bar, but the tabBarController. Maybe I'll try doing away with that and seeing what I can do.

Hey you did it! Well done.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

spanky the dolphin posted:

Hey you did it! Well done.

pokeyman did it :) I've got something else coming later.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Thread tags don't load in the filter by tag screen

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 26, 2017

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Anyone else have the problem of quotes/leper colony entries not correctly going to the post in question anymore? It'll briefly go to the post then as the page fully loads go somewhere else (I think based on images loading?) and then I have to search for the post in question which is kinda annoying on an IPhone

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Tolkien minority posted:

Anyone else have the problem of quotes/leper colony entries not correctly going to the post in question anymore?

It's always been a crapshoot for me based on how many images and tweets are on a page.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Is there any chance we could get a setting to disable the left/right swipe gestures? I'm constantly accidentally triggering these.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Pasting adds a space at the start of the pasted text so you you get [img] http://fi.somethingawful.com/flags/4f/87/0000001340.jpg?by=Corla%20Plankun[/img] instead of as would be expected

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Is there any chance we could get a setting to disable the left/right swipe gestures? I'm constantly accidentally triggering these.

I will add this because I remember the joy I felt when I was 11 and killed your av

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Casual Encountess posted:

iphone 7 on ios 11

the errors for image upload no longer have an ok button so i have to force quit to regain control

Coming here to report same, but different error message:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Chris Knight posted:

Coming here to report same, but different error message:

There's a fix going into the next release that should resolve this.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Sweet. :)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
On iPad, tabbing from the iOS podcast player or from Spotify into Awful now pauses whatever is playing, I used to be able to browse and listen simultaneously. I don't know if this is an iOS thing or a awful thing, but it sucks! Any way to check up on this?

I did some more testing: with a full reload this isn't a problem, it must like... maintain the idea that I played a different media file in Awful at some point and left the app itself as prioritized?

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 28, 2017

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

carry on then posted:

The latest update should turn off smart punctuation in the app. Not sure if it's out yet since I use the debug ver.

Ran into this, turned off smart punctuation manually and it fixed it, thanks for the tip

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Also swipe-to-delete bookmark replaced everything below my current view with a black screen once the bookmark was deleted and I had to force-quit to get it back. Current released build, iPhone 6 Plus

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

is there any way in-app to change the colour of bookmarks?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

BBJoey posted:

is there any way in-app to change the colour of bookmarks?

No

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I just got a "Imgur is having problems code 500" when trying to upload an image, and couldn't interact with or close the error code box. Had to force close the app.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

carry on then posted:

There's a fix going into the next release that should resolve this.

This issue cracks me up

My guess is that some imgur failures are by way of awful's api key reaching its allotted daily uploads or something, so this might actually help deter people from uploading too much if you think about it

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ol Standard Retard posted:

On iPad, tabbing from the iOS podcast player or from Spotify into Awful now pauses whatever is playing, I used to be able to browse and listen simultaneously. I don't know if this is an iOS thing or a awful thing, but it sucks! Any way to check up on this?

I did some more testing: with a full reload this isn't a problem, it must like... maintain the idea that I played a different media file in Awful at some point and left the app itself as prioritized?

If you:

1. Pause/stop the media in Awful
2. Switch to your podcast player and start that again
3. Switch back to Awful

You should be able to

4. Swipe up Control Center and hit play in the audio widget from there

Rinaldi
Dec 29, 2008

yaffle posted:

I'm still locked out of the app, despite reinstalling and resetting/ changing my password and copy/pasting it into the password field, any ideas?

Having the same issue with the app on my ( ancient ) iPad. Logged in on my phone with no trouble while the iPad app keeps telling me the password is wrong. Typed the same password into Safari and logged in without issue.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Any way to hide announcements on the main page?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

:unsmigghh:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Write a letter to Lowtax and ask him to take them down.

edit: :lol: if you don't read exclusively from the bookmarks tab.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I do that. But still see the badge on the forums tab on the bottom toolbar.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Regular Nintendo posted:

This issue cracks me up

My guess is that some imgur failures are by way of awful's api key reaching its allotted daily uploads or something, so this might actually help deter people from uploading too much if you think about it

It would be good to be able to attach images to the forum again

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

"Each application can allow approximately 1,250 uploads per day or approximately 12,500 requests per day. If the daily limit is hit five times in a month, then the app will be blocked for the rest of the month. "

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Jeoh posted:

"Each application can allow approximately 1,250 uploads per day or approximately 12,500 requests per day. If the daily limit is hit five times in a month, then the app will be blocked for the rest of the month. "

Okay, everyone else stop posting until my very important pictures are uploaded, okay?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Jeoh posted:

Damnit C-SPAM

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

If people dislike the limit we could pay pokeyman $250 per month to double it :v: .

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Honestly I'd pay $1/mon for image uploads

Problem is only .70 would make it to pokeyman, he has to do bills janitoring, if less than the break-even number of people subscribe it's bad, etc

Honestly all I would like is some way on mobile to upload an image to imgur and get the drat fuckin url to the .jpg instead of one to an album or post or community or whatever horse poo poo imgur is trying to make itself this week. gently caress imgur and gently caress their product morons with a rusty poker

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Regular Nintendo posted:

Honestly I'd pay $1/mon for image uploads

Problem is only .70 would make it to pokeyman, he has to do bills janitoring, if less than the break-even number of people subscribe it's bad, etc

Honestly all I would like is some way on mobile to upload an image to imgur and get the drat fuckin url to the .jpg instead of one to an album or post or community or whatever horse poo poo imgur is trying to make itself this week. gently caress imgur and gently caress their product morons with a rusty poker
If you upload an image to imgur, the url to the image is always* going to have the domain i.imgur.com. If you paste a url and it says m.imgur.com or imgur.com or the url has /a/ in it or doesn't have the file extension, then you can just change those things.

*until they change it ofc

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Regular Nintendo posted:

Another workaround in Chrome is using ‘request desktop site’ to change it from the forums-unfriendly mobile imgur.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Is there a good iPad app that can airplay a photo to an Apple TV in the background?

Like for example, if I load up YouTube and airplay it to my TV, I can go and do other poo poo on my iPad and it will still keep the video playing on the TV.

Reason I ask is I'm running a D&D campaign in my living room and it would be nice to throw images up on the screen when I want, then go back to using my other apps to run the game while the image sits there.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Even then all the share links are to a one-image album, not the direct link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Regular Nintendo posted:

Even then all the share links are to a one-image album, not the direct link

Rather than use the hover box with the 'copy' button, instead long press on the image itself, then Copy Link URL.

It's a bullshit but it works that way.

• Locked thread