Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
My suggestion is please make it so flags are shown in fyad, and if possible the link copied to clipboard on long press, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Please add flags to fyad, thanks

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
How is the flag support coming along?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

pokeyman posted:

Nah there's an FYAD flag thing that's already on the list, I just didn't actually write down what the hell it is.

It would be great if the app displayed flags when browsing, and allow quoting them like:

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Any way we can get flags implemented in FYAd? I realise I've asked before and I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear what the request was. It's just to have a random FYAD flag displayed at the top when browsing FYAD through the app. Thanks for your time.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
The bit in between the rocket apes

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Thank you for adding flags in FYAD. It seemed like an impossible request for a while but you did it.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Some YouTube videos disappear while playing just showing the thread but the audio keeps going even when you go to next page. iOS 10.2 iPhone 6.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Get platinum and rely on the SA servers!

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Hi;

I only want to use HTTPS to access the forums. How do I (can I?) set this from within the app?

I couldn't find the option anymore either. Is it on by default or broken?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
might be time to deprioritise work on this one though

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

carry on then posted:

Hmm okay, I was able to get Awful from 55MB to 500MB and the button took it down to 80MB. So this might help.

Thanks

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Good update, thanks all

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
The forum wide stickies don't show up in awful. Not that anyone probably worries about missing them

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Long press, format, code crashes the app

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Long press, format, code still crashes the app. Not sure if that was supposed to be fixed in the last update though

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
I had to reinstall the app to fix bookmarks, too.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
A couple of avatars are not showing up for me even after clearing cache. If this is not a known problem let me know and I'll get examples

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
? The awful app does that

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
no idea, but it works in iMessage

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
The avatar for forums user PinkoBastard doesn't render at all. Latest iOS, iPhone 7+

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
The notification for PM's sticks around after you've read all the PM's

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

jivjov posted:

It'll clear on its own after a few minutes. I think maybe the app only refreshes that notification intermittently?

Nope, alas the badge number sticks around for days for me, across devices. In this case it is still there

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Can't seem to filter by tag...

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

carry on then posted:

Any forum or specific ones?

Seems to be any forum

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Anyone else getting pages half loading, refresh doesn't fix it and you have to kill/restart ? iPhone 7+ and iPad Pro

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Images in the lepers colon don't work

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Keith Atherton posted:

There is a known issue where a page will render with blank gray boxes in the middle of posts after which (for me) the app will soon crash. I run into this a lot, especially after reading image- or tweet-heavy threads

^^^ it's this one

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Any chance of adding the link to posts by this user from the profile

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Question: are mod buttons available through the app?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

drat. Authors, any chance of adding this?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
More crashes than ever it seems, and doesn't take you back to where you were

Edit: to clarify latest non beta iOS and app

Crime on a Dime fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Sep 19, 2017

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

I don't know why there's an edit button over the forums listing that seems to do nothing, but I wish there was a way to minimize announcements. I usually read them on PC already.

Edit button edits your favorites

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

PinkoBastard posted:

just a minor issue - my av doesn't show up in the awful app at all. Tried clearing the cache but it doesn't make a difference. I've maybe seen one or two other people with the same issue but don't remember their usernames.

Crime on a Dime posted:

The avatar for forums user PinkoBastard doesn't render at all. Latest iOS, iPhone 7+

;)

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

anthonypants posted:

It shows up if you go to their profile.

This is true. But not useful

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

anthonypants posted:

Maybe not for you and I, but if there's a way to parse profile pictures in the same way for each page, I'm sure the fine folks at Awful.app, Inc. can figure it out.

But it's probably that the image doesn't begin with "https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/" or "https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/title-" so the app assumes it's a gang tag and ignores it.

Ah, good work goon!

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
How do you upload as attachments to the forum?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Pasting adds a space at the start of the pasted text so you you get [img] http://fi.somethingawful.com/flags/4f/87/0000001340.jpg?by=Corla%20Plankun[/img] instead of as would be expected

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

BBJoey posted:

is there any way in-app to change the colour of bookmarks?

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Regular Nintendo posted:

This issue cracks me up

My guess is that some imgur failures are by way of awful's api key reaching its allotted daily uploads or something, so this might actually help deter people from uploading too much if you think about it

It would be good to be able to attach images to the forum again

• Locked thread