Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Is there a way to disable the adjusting of the screen position after images load? On a computer and web browser it's useful because the previous read posts are loaded as well, but in awful usually it's only 1 or 2 read posts that are loaded with a thread (set to 0 for me), so it's not hard to scroll down and readjust manually if images have caused to view to adjust to a read post. And because of how slow 3G can be sometimes, what happens is I find myself reading like 10, 15 posts in before all the images have loaded and Awful readjusts to the first post again and I have to slowly scroll down to find the post I was at.

At the very least turn the feature off once the user has started to scroll (and presumably start reading the thread).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Oceanbound posted:

The biggest problem I would like fixed is reading a thread and all of a sudden getting bumped back to the top because the app has finally finished loading all of the images.

Yeah this feature is useful on a web browser when you might end up 10 previous posts above the unread, but completely annoying since awful allows you load only unread

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

I liked how the old app opened external links within Awful instead of safari, is this change going to be permanent?

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

pokeyman posted:

That's the plan. We found switching back and forth between Safari and Awful a nicer experience than maintaining our lovely built-in browser.

Though it occurs to me we should allow for other browsers, not just Safari.

Does it require a lot of maintenance? I assumed it was using Safari, just within the app.. It's a little annoying in the link heavy threads where you have to keep double tapping the home button to get back to Awful..

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Hey pokeyman is it convenient to install an option to disable the yospos stylesheet? I get that lots of people like it but there are a few of us who adblock it on our computers :twisted:

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

smackfu posted:

That was weird, Awful just forgot my login details out of nowhere.

Same here.. Are cookies set to expire on a certain date rather than time since last login?

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Is it just me or is the option to switch/disable stylesheets on yospos et al gone

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

machinegunmessiah posted:

I can't see avatars or smileys on IOS7, iPhone 5. There's just a white box with a black border. Pics in posts are fine. What should I do?

It's this:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3501654&pagenumber=30#post423826159

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Please make it so that style sheet options aren't saved in ram, like before. It's annoying to have to keep setting it :(

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Kind of an edge case but would it be possible to add a toggle to disable pull for next page?

I scroll as I read a thread so my eyes are constantly only paying attention to the top half of the screen and sometimes I don't notice I've hit the end and when I release it goes to the next page before I've finished reading.

Also is it just me that finds it easier to just tap the arrow to go to the next page rather than dragging up. I've never used pull for next page in any app

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Can 'pull to load next page' be a toggle in settings please I've jumped to the next page twice in literally the last 30 seconds before reading the last two posts on the page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Is there any way an option to move the side bar to the right on ipad could be added? Left handed here and I loading a different thread with my pinky when scrolling with the index

• Locked thread