Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
What's the difference between favorites and bookmarks? I would think maybe having PMs instead of favorites would be more practical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

The Dave posted:

Favorites is a list of Forums, Bookmarks is a list of posts.

PMs are certainly wanted but that's a whole different beast.

Oh, I see now. And I think you meant threads, not posts.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Put me in the "in-app browser > safari" camp as well.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I'd also posit that the majority of links are going to be image links. For websites linked to SA that you might actually want to navigate through (which like I said, would probably be in the minority), the above suggestion of using the share button would be best.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Behörde Gemütlichkeit Weiß

This was happening with certain characters too when I was posting in the German thread.

Vær så god

May as well try out Norwegian as well.

EDIT: looks like everything checks out.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

withak posted:

I am getting pretty tired of reading the forums in Safari on my phone while at work.

I've been using Chrome and it's been working out pretty swell so far. I've gotten pretty good at touching the teeny tiny "User Control Panel" link.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Thanks again, Pokeyman.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

lifg posted:

Feature request!

There used to be a dumb little extension for Firefox that let you make notes on users. (I used it to keep track of posters in EN with notes like, "doesn't understand law".)

Can we get that for this app?

Does anyone else care for something like this?

I like using this feature so I can figure out who's who in an online game thread, since steam/xbox/ps IDs and SA usernames can differ.

Not sure if I'd miss it in mobile of course. Probably not. But it does have non-creepy uses.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Why does my avatar look like the rolleye smilie?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

pokeyman posted:

Did you previously have :rolleye: in your custom title? If so, my guess is Awful's imperfect avatar detection. There's no obvious way to tell if an image is meant to be an avatar, as opposed to a gang tag or smilie.

If not, then I have no idea.

No, this is the only avatar I've ever had. I never even had a stupid newbie one when I registered.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Nope, it's always there, always watching. Not an impediment in any way of course, but definitely a bug since my regular avatar shows up on desktop.

Fake edit: even in preview! It's kinda funny I suppose :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Whenever I share an image to GroupMe, it successfully posts but I then have to force close the Awful app. I can't swipe the image back down nor can I tap "done"

iPhone 6+

E: okay just tried it again and the text I sent with it posted but no image. And the Awful app didn't freeze; I could swipe it back down. Oh well. Guess I'll stick with copy image url.

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 30, 2016

• Locked thread