Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

pseudonordic posted:

Test pic!

Posted directly from iPad rear camera.

Datsabunny :3:

I feel better now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

SaltLick posted:

The android app thread must be laughing at us and our misery.

Do Android updates go up automatically?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I have the double bookmarks as of today, although they both appear to go to the same thread.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Just got a weird bug in the latest test where I wrote a reply and it posted when I checked on my computer but when I next checked the app it was still on the reply page with a connection error indicating it hadn't gone through.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I browse with avatars off but I think the star image replaces avatar images for the app.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Diabolik900 posted:

Good catch. Other mods and admins' avatars seem to be showing up fine. I think it's because Ozma's avatar has a link around it. I didn't even realize you could do this. Is it a mod/admin only thing?

Nope, the star and the avatar both should show up.

That'll teach me to speculate on an issue I don't even see. :v:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

pokeyman posted:

If any devs read this, VoiceOver is awesome. Your app is broken if it don't work with VoiceOver.

How do you live with the phone like that? Its cool but for general phone usage goddamn is it annoying.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

pokeyman posted:

I have it set to turn on or off when I triple-tap the home button. Then you stop looking at the screen, or triple-three-finger tap to pull the curtain. Here's a good intro.

Awesome! But, bug report time. I enabled it and it got stuck on the Back button. I couldn't turn it off and while the phone wasn't frozen it was frozen within the app. I could bring up the apps list with a double tap but the rectangle was stuck in the location of the back button. I tried locking it but then I couldn't unlock for the same reason. Eventually I had to do a hard reset as I couldn't slide to shutdown.

After the restart its working fine though. My phone reads posts to me! :allears:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Dickweasel Alpha posted:

Occasionally I end up in a thread that isn't the one I selected, but i have bookmarked. Earlier, for instance, i definitely clicked on the YOSPOS pictures thread, but I ended up in the cat thread instead. Then later, same thread, but I ended up in the Blackberry thread. I'm 100% sure I selected the pictures thread both times.

Thought it was just me and I was going crazy. Also been getting the null error.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Getting constant crashes since the latest beta. Ill get the crash report in a bit.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Glad other people have posted theirs but I don't seem to have any crash logs since February 1st. :confused:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

pokeyman posted:

Does it crash immediately, or do you see some of the page before it crashes? Is it consistent, every time you open the thread? Does it work in Safari? Thanks for checking it out for me.

It opens fine on my 5 so unless the Scripting for iPad is different I'm guessing its just a memory issue of the original iPad for such a gif heavy page?

(I can't really contribute on this I'm just wondering if I'm right or not)

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

pokeyman posted:

Does that work? That's awesome. I'll put it on the list.

Yeah it's my standard backup. Everyone will have to log in again though if you switch.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Terminal Entropy posted:

I haven't seen the <marque> tag used in ages, do it that way!

And <blink> so you're immediately aware of which titles to read before they scroll over and you don't know how it starts and it's just scrolling and scrolling and you're just waiting and waiting.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Latest beta is looking good so far on iOS 7 (and stock 5). Though how do you feel about having the icon corners ripped off?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I had a whole post typed up about the light/dark theme toggle switch behaving erratically, like randomly taking several seconds to respond but I have a bigger issue (that you probably just got the crash report for) to report: it ate the post and crashed to home! One image to be uploaded from the library. Let me know if I can paste anything useful from console. v:shobon:v

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Round every corner.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I've only seen it happen with this guy but it happens for all his posts:

(Arrow link to user options being spaced down obv)

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

phosdex posted:

Is that a beta version or is my awful not updating.

Ah sorry forgot to mention it's the last beta, iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.3. Your awful is fine afaik.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

System works but I think the "to you" is cut off.

Seriously though I think it's on pokeymans list already, I'm sure I've seen it requested.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

violetdragon posted:

Disabling sigs in your user CP, on the forum, should prevent them from showing up in the awful app.

Nope. I still see them on the app.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

tehloki posted:

I like how there's currently somebody who can't turn sigs on and somebody who can't turn sigs off.

If you're talking about me, I just realised I did indeed have sigs on in user cp. :blush:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

violetdragon posted:

That's strange. I have them turned off in the user CP and don't see them in the app. Of course, I can't see avatars either. :shrug:

Two posts up, I was wrong about them being off in User CP.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

pokeyman posted:

Hahahaha this app is such a mess.

Quoting seems okay on the newest beta

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Some profile messiness on the newest beta:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Sooo after the forums came back up I was logged out of Awful Beta and every time I tried to login I just got the login failed error. Deleted and redownloaded the app and now it crashes upon opening. I've deleted and reinstalled the latest beta three times and all it does is crash, even with rebooting my phone between deleting and re downloading.

I'm hoping im just missing something obvious due to it being 4.45am…

This was posted from the App Store version, it's only the beta that seems to be giving me pain.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

101 posted:

That happened to me too. I had to install beta #4, log in and then update to #5. Everything seems to work fine now.

That ended up being my fix, though I had to request my password reset email be sent before it took my current password (second time, I have no clue why). Once I was in I was able to go straight from beta #4 to #10 though. No worries though, this is why we agreed to beta test. :)

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Really good timing on adding the database unavailable specific error. Almost too good…

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Please don't add yellow to dark mode. It kinda defeats the purpose for me.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

pokeyman posted:

How consistent is this happening? I can only get it to happen sometimes, and never with a debugger attached.

I was browsing an image heavy thread last night and it was crashing every few minutes consistently. Also I just managed to get the double bookmark thing but I'm not sure how.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

pokeyman posted:

Could you sometimes exit the image viewer successfully, or did it crash every time you tapped Done?

It was interesting actually - I could exit just fine but it'd either crash during the viewer or randomly while scrolling the thread. Seems like it isn't handling the images themselves well since it wasn't restricted to the image viewer at all, though I do think the crashes didn't start until I brought one up in the viewer in case that's helpful. After that it would crash regularly until I left the thread.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Alright now I'm officially getting the image viewer crash. It crashes out when I tap done. Sometimes I'll see it close for a brief second before the crash. After I reopen its on the thread I was reading prior to opening the thread with the image.

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 2, 2015

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I'm light of the latest beta "what to test":

Youre doing an excellent job and we all love you. Also the image viewer was able to open and close without crashing!

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Stylesheets aren't staying selected between threads in the latest beta.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Really sorry if this is already known but I just updated to 9.1 and it seems to have thrown off the spacing a bit:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

carry on then posted:

Is that the app store version?

No, latest beta.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Diabolik900 posted:

All of GBS has been made admin-only apparently.

I was about to update that it's disappeared. First I noticed that a bunch of bookmarked threads now say they require archives access then I realised that they were all GBS threads then I realised GBS is gone from the forums list.

There's no way to specify the error more clearly is there? Does the app just assume if it can't access something it must be an archives issue?

It's not a big deal, I can't imagine this type of issue would come up much but I was a bit concerned there was something wrong with the app. I had to uninstall and reinstall to actually see that GBS was gone, before that it showed in the forums list but gave the same archives error.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

various cheeses posted:

Wait we're going to get SA smilies in imessage? :shittypop:

You can already go to keyboards and add the SA keyboard which lets you use them in any app, technically.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Grundulum posted:

:chanpop: My life just changed.

When I use those images, though, what do people *without* the keyboard installed see? Very few of my friends would understand :psyduck:, but :psyduck: is quite clear.

They see the gif as long as the receiving device puts attachments inline. It's great for iMessage/texts but some stuff like WhatsApp don't play nice with gifs because they insist on making it an attachment you have to tap to open.

I may not have the technical jargon right but experiment a bit, you'll get the idea.

E: its funny you say psyduck is quite clear cause for the longest time I thought the bill was part of the torso like panda bear shading.

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Grundulum posted:

I just played with it on Facebook, and the mobile app insists on placing the images/gifs at the end of the post as an album. Not what I had in mind, Zuckerberg. :argh:
WhatsApp screwed me because I'd gotten so comfy with iMessage doing them correctly so it was kinda awkward to send someone a giant blown up first frame of the intended gif. Turns out the first frame of most the SA smilie gifs do not really convey the same meaning as the full loop...

• Locked thread