Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

Aatrek posted:

Half the time I slide in the sidebar thread list on my iPad, it's just the shadow layer, and I have to kill the app to get the thread list back. Is this a known bug?
You can fix this normally by rotating from portrait to landscape, and back again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
Are there any plans to link people's screen names with their profile pages? Same goes for probation texts and rap sheets.

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
I'm getting a persistent hard crash when I click on a spoilered quote in TVIV (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3377206&pagenumber=661#post410451277). The first time clicking on it shifted the thread to the left so all the text was crammed in the sidebar before crashing; the second time it just crashed. I'm on an iPad 3 running the latest iOS and version 1.9.

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

pokeyman posted:

I'm curious how you managed to load a thread inside the sidebar on the iPad, or get the sidebar's tabs to appear below the posts view, or really what the hell's going on there. Looks bad :(

I couldn't take a screenshot, but I basically had the opposite problem: the thread loaded in the sidebar, but the sidebar and tabs were all the correct size.

From a few minutes of testing, it also seems like clicking on a username in a quote that's on the same page as you will crash the app consistently (I.e pretty much everything other than Jigsaw's quite on this page).

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

pokeyman posted:

I think this turned out to be a problem with links to posts on iOS 5. (At least, your post led me to find and fix that problem.) Can you double-check for me what version of iOS you're on? It's in the Settings app, under General -> About.

I'm on iOS 6.0.1, sorry! I can post a console output if that's possible to do without a jailbreak.

in_cahoots fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 13, 2012

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

pokeyman posted:

I think I figured it out, but fire away with the console anyway. You can use something like System Console.

Okay, here's my console output:

2012-12-13 22:28:38 +0000 Awful *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSRangeException', reason: '*** -[__NSArrayI objectAtIndex:]: index 1 beyond bounds [0 .. 0]'
*** First throw call stack:
(0x371022a3 0x313e997f 0x3704ce8d 0x9cfbf 0x52913 0x388296ad 0x38829319 0x389a93fb 0x387d8e99 0x38949a1d 0x9f657 0x9f3a7 0x52221 0x389929ab 0x387c3057 0x387c26cd 0x387c211b 0x355fa5a3 0x355fa1d3 0x370d7173 0x370d7117 0x370d5f99 0x37048ebd 0x37048d49 0x355f92eb 0x388162f9 0x53b33 0x4eae0)

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
I think I've found a bug with fast-moving threads: if there are new pages posted in a thread I'm reading, dragging to the next page only refreshes the current page. I have to drag it twice to advance. The button to choose pages also doesn't show the new pages, though the status bar (page x of y) does.

This is on the iPad with iOS 6.0.1.

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
Maybe it's a memory thing, but multitasking is nearly impossible on my 4S with ios7. Every time I switch to a different app and back Awful resets to the landing screen, and the remainder of the posts on the page are marked as read.

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
My starred forums keep disappearing with the latest version of the App. It's happened twice now on my 3rd generation iPad. I'm running ios 7.0.2

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

pokeyman posted:

That's a new one to me. You can simply re-star them and everything seems to work as usual? (Until they disappear again, of course.)

They should disappear if you log out, but otherwise that's a lovely bug.

Yup, everything works for a bit. Between my last posting and this one I lost them again, and I didn't use the iPad much in the meantime. I tried sleeping the iPad, restarting it, and killing the app to reproduce the bug, but the favorites are still there for the time being. I'm not logged out, and the dark theme persists even when I lose the favorites.

in_cahoots fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Oct 23, 2013

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
Did I miss an update, or does swipe right for the browsing tab work all of a sudden? I also think I figured out why I kept losing bookmarks- my iPad had literally zero free space. Once I cleaned out some photos the problem went away.

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
The iPad version needs a lot of work, honestly. Clicking on 'Parent forum' does nothing, at least when I'm using bookmarks. Somewhere around 50% of the view in portrait mode is taken up by navigation bars. And since swipe doesn't work going back, opening a thread, and maximizing takes three gestures, two of which require repositioning your hands to hit the back button since nobody holds the iPad from above. It's actually a more pleasant experience on my iPhone.

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
Is there any possibility of making the the 'nothing to see here' text on a clean rap sheet brighter? Black on grey is really hard to read in night mode.

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
I can't use anything but the default forum themes on my iPad; dark mode works but everything else does not. Is this a known bug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

pokeyman posted:

There was an issue here that I think I I fixed in the latest update. Do you even get the option to use other themes? Or does it not work when you pick a non-default them? If you go to e.g. YOSPOS do you see the YOSPOS themes there?

I see the YOSPOS green theme in YOSPOS, but not any of the other ones. The weird thing is that this started happening immediately after the upgrade- for some reason the app kept crashing on launch, so I did an uninstall and reinstall. That's when this problem started.

• Locked thread