Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atari Stockholder
Sep 11, 2001

A hobblin' and a skippin'
This is likely an iOS 9 thing, but I noticed the app crashes when hitting the 1password icon to login.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Diabolik900 posted:

Tweetbot and Unread are the two I use regularly. They are the legit share sheet. They seem to have positioned another view above the sheet somehow.

Yeah I will be demanding a refund if a link's long-press menu, official Share Sheet or not, stops showing its URL <:mad:>

(Also it'd be nice if the long-press menu regained the "open" button it used to have, to immediately open the URL in the Awful Browser without having to close the menu and then re-click on the possibly-small link itself)

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
I can't use anything but the default forum themes on my iPad; dark mode works but everything else does not. Is this a known bug?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I hate being that guy.

iPad Mini 3 with iOS 8.4.1, not seeing any of the horizontal scrolling problems. Updated the app and its running fine. :confused:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

iPad 4, iOS 9, and I can't reproduce either. For reference, both my text scale in the app and in Settings is default.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Diabolik900 posted:

Tweetbot and Unread are the two I use regularly. They are the legit share sheet. They seem to have positioned another view above the sheet somehow.

Ah ok, cool. Probably falls apart on iPhone landscape, but it's something to go on at least!

Brain Curry posted:

On the 6+, with hide sidebar in landscape enabled, start playing a YouTube video in portrait, and rotate to landscape. Sidebar appears and video disappears. I'm on the latest beta.

I'ma need to a dedicated iPhone 6+ update at this rate. I'll add this to the list.

david_a posted:

V3.5, iPad, landscape orientation: the forum thread is now too wide and scrolls horizontally. Portrait orientation does not scroll. Hiding/reshowing the sidebar does not fix it. Killing the app does not fix it.

I'll take a look, I've seen this too. My first guess is it's related to the (now worthless) iOS 9 beta 4 zoomed-out fix. Serves me right for trying to make stuff work on beta OSes.

euphronius posted:

Imgur pics and maybe others are not loading at all for me.

I don't have an explanation for this one. When it's busted in Awful, does it work in Safari?

Smol posted:

Sometimes this happens on the iPad. I don't really know what triggers it, but it hasn't happened to me on the iPhone. Restarting the app fixes it.

:wtc: that's a new one to me. When it happens, is it immediately after you launch (or switch to) Awful? Or after rotating your device?

Atari Stockholder posted:

This is likely an iOS 9 thing, but I noticed the app crashes when hitting the 1password icon to login.

I've been getting that in other apps too on iOS 9, including Safari. Based on that, I'm guessing there isn't much I can do in Awful to help, but I'll keep an eye out.

in_cahoots posted:

I can't use anything but the default forum themes on my iPad; dark mode works but everything else does not. Is this a known bug?

There was an issue here that I think I fixed in the latest update. Do you even get the option to use other themes? Or does it not work when you pick a non-default them? If you go to e.g. YOSPOS do you see the YOSPOS themes there?

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
To the person having issues with Imgur loading, is it only awful? Does the site work properly on safari? Sometimes there's an issue where Imgur pics won't load in Alien Blue and then the site won't work in safari either. A reboot fixes it, don't know what causes it though sadly. To chime in I have an iPad Air 2 and have the text width issue as well in landscape mode.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Reinstalling over the weekend fixed the app on my iPad air2. Now I'm getting this weird thing where the text always overflows of the page when in landscape and having the side bar active. If I turn it to hide, everything seems to work fine though.

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

pokeyman posted:

There was an issue here that I think I I fixed in the latest update. Do you even get the option to use other themes? Or does it not work when you pick a non-default them? If you go to e.g. YOSPOS do you see the YOSPOS themes there?

I see the YOSPOS green theme in YOSPOS, but not any of the other ones. The weird thing is that this started happening immediately after the upgrade- for some reason the app kept crashing on launch, so I did an uninstall and reinstall. That's when this problem started.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

On the latest beta 30501 I keep getting

but it worked fine first try here :iiam:

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Can someone post a screenshot of how this app renders posts on an iPhone 6 Plus? I'm interested in getting one (or whatever the equivalent is during next month's announcement), but I want to be sure that the apps I'll be using have decent font sizes in 1920x1080.

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008

Duct Tape posted:

Can someone post a screenshot of how this app renders posts on an iPhone 6 Plus? I'm interested in getting one (or whatever the equivalent is during next month's announcement), but I want to be sure that the apps I'll be using have decent font sizes in 1920x1080.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Thanks. Assuming you're using the default font size, it looks like the same amount of text is rendered on the 6+ as on my 5s, just larger. Good to know.

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008

Duct Tape posted:

Thanks. Assuming you're using the default font size, it looks like the same amount of text is rendered on the 6+ as on my 5s, just larger. Good to know.

I haven't had text size issues. It's a great device that's ruined me on iPhone 5-sized devices forever.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

I haven't had text size issues. It's a great device that's ruined me on iPhone 5-sized devices forever.

This is how it looks at 60% not in ios9 yet.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Maybe I'm crazy but scrolling up and down the bookmarks tab on iOS9 feels less than smooth

This is on an iPhone 6 as well so it shouldn't have this android-esc scroll jank :colbert:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

pokeyman posted:

:wtc: that's a new one to me. When it happens, is it immediately after you launch (or switch to) Awful? Or after rotating your device?

It happens while using the app normally. Rotating the device might be involved, but I'm not 100% sure.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

101 posted:

Maybe I'm crazy but scrolling up and down the bookmarks tab on iOS9 feels less than smooth

This is on an iPhone 6 as well so it shouldn't have this android-esc scroll jank :colbert:

Same here on an iPhone 6 on iOS 8. But the bookmarks page has always been like that for me. I think...

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

edit: Very wrong thread, sorry!

ArgaWarga fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 24, 2015

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Most YouTube videos or pages with several gifs/YouTubes are crashing the app for me. Also having the crash when viewing YouTube videos in landscape on the rare occasion I can get them launched.

I'm on a 6+, latest version of regular app and regular OS release (not the beta)

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
What does the file icon underneath each topic mean? The killed topic by blank, then there is a number and a file icon. Thanks for the app.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Nude posted:

What does the file icon underneath each topic mean? The killed topic by blank, then there is a number and a file icon. Thanks for the app.

It's the number of pages.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Hi is the horizontal scrolling on iPad landscape gonna be fixed at some point

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Hi is the horizontal scrolling on iPad landscape gonna be fixed at some point

Never

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Is imgur uploading super spotty for anyone else? I'd say it works for me maybe a quarter of the time. Usually it sticks at uploading forever then fails after a minute or two.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Subjunctive posted:

It's the number of pages.

:ughh: thanks.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

:(

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Ipads are deprecated, please upgrade to an 🍐watch

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I am having an issue on my iPhone where I keep getting kicked to the App Store, as if I had clicked on an ad for candy crush or some poo poo. It started after I clicked a link through to a manga scan site. I definitely didn't click any ads on purpose. Any way to clear the app's cache short of deleting it entirely?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Green Intern posted:

I am having an issue on my iPhone where I keep getting kicked to the App Store, as if I had clicked on an ad for candy crush or some poo poo. It started after I clicked a link through to a manga scan site. I definitely didn't click any ads on purpose. Any way to clear the app's cache short of deleting it entirely?

no manual way to delete the cache, just uninstall and reinstall. You can also set Safari as the default browser as well.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Thanks. Did a clean install and it's fixed.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

glassyalabolas posted:

no manual way to delete the cache, just uninstall and reinstall. You can also set Safari as the default browser as well.

I'm pretty sure logging out and back in will clear the cache

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

101 posted:

I'm pretty sure logging out and back in will clear the cache

You are correct it seems. I rarely had issues with Awful, so I didn't think to log out only.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Suddenly I need to scroll on the right bar to read the whole text? Works fine if I hide the left bar or if I view it vertically. I'm on an ipad... er 2?

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

"Oh God you got the spray gun, DO NOT LOSE IT, you seriously better not screw this up, I'm not kidding"
~~The Battle Hymn of the Contra Tiger Mother~~
I am not sure how to go to the next page of threads. I have tried pulling up and trying to find some buttons. I even tried pulling sideways.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Just got updated to 3.4 and Awful is crashing any time I let it sit still without scrolling for a few seconds.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Perhaps only in this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739307

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

It's probably that gif causing Awful to get terminated by the system for using too much memory. I wonder if there's something we can do to prevent that.

e: that gif is 155MB :stare:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

carry on then posted:

It's probably that gif causing Awful to get terminated by the system for using too much memory. I wonder if there's something we can do to prevent that.

e: that gif is 155MB :stare:

Require click-through on images beyond some size threshold that I would have no idea how to even go about calculating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Kaizoku posted:

Require click-through on images beyond some size threshold that I would have no idea how to even go about calculating?

We don't know the image size until we start to retrieve it. I've looked at doing stuff like this, but it requires really invasively inserting ourselves into the HTTP transaction chain.

• Locked thread